News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced IBC w/ Fred - Burlington Flats NY

Started by Another D.O.M., October 13, 2010, 10:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

Hello Joe

There are no owners of the club just club members and Officers and A Board of Directors, the club is a corporation,,,,

Glad you could make it to the club, we shoot every friday night...

sgtrock

Joeteck

No owners? Interesting... Who keeps the place in good working order? Who pays property taxes? building Upgrades?

I guess living down state you have these questions.... ;)

LittleMo

Hi Joeteck,

A place like Burlington Flats has members that pay dues to belong to it. Of those members there are folks that volunteer their time to be elected officers (such as club president or vice president or secretary or treasurer or board of directors), chairmen of various committees, and workers. They help where their help is needed, whether it be fixing things, cleaning up, building things, or obtain bids to have larger projects done. Usually the treasurer pays the bills from the club's funds.

Just like the men that showed up on April 19, 1775 to support their cause, these folks are motivated and involved to make it better. Just as the men and women volunteers of Appleseed that are dedicated and motivated and involved.

I'm not writing on behalf of Burlington Flats, just from my experience with organizations like Burlington Flats. I'm sure SgtRock and others can better describe and correct me.

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont