News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1st Annual Minnesota Appleseed Muster! -- Who?

Started by AFTERMATH, September 09, 2010, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDud

UPDATE

(I did it like that so you'd know it is serious  ;) )

I won't be able to make it due to work obligations - but i did managed to get all weekends off (no mean feat in the hospitality industry) once the hotel officially opens next week - so it will be an AS friendly schedule after that.

Brass Bucket asked me to say that she'll be able to make it for a while, but has a bridal shower later that afternoon so she can't stay the whole time.

These IITs from Duluth are a bunch of flakes  :wb:

BrassBucket

Is anyone bringing plates? napkins? beverages?

BB

Cooper's got plates...  Did you want to put yourself down for one of these? -Aftermath
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

javaguy

Quote from: BrassBucket on September 16, 2010, 10:02:01 AM
Is anyone bringing plates? napkins? beverages?

BB
We'll cover our crew and throw in some extra.  I think we have some of those special cups and plates that fly away in the wind.

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Kosciusko

Talked Mom into making an ice-cream pail of chocolate chip cookies.

Are there fixed grills at this park ?

Should I bring a bag of charcoal and some sticks to burn hot dogs on ?

Bread  OK, or do you guys want buns ?

Let's go with buns....  They hold up to a little more abuse in the park setting.
Someone will need to bring charcoal....  Hmmm.....   Needs list coming..... -Aftermath

adamt

There are several fixed grills at the park. They are the like 1 by 2 foot cast units.

AdamT.

Are they in close prox? -Aftermath
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

Kosciusko

I need an approximate  count by Friday noon, that's the latest I can make a weiner run.  Close will have to be good enough.

50 outta be a good count.
Don't worry about an exact, Russell's bringing brats to supliment.  I'll probably find a meat product that's on sale.
Will this be bring your own drinks?   -Aftermath

adamt

Put yard games on the list. My contact fell through.

AdamT

P.S. If a needs list is not forthcoming by late tonight or tomorrow I will assemble one. I work late tonight and am going shooting tomorrow afternoonish.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Unconfirmed list of necessaties:

Charcoal
lighter fluid
Buns
condiments
forks/knives/spoons
beverages
napkins
games; if you want.....

Let me know if you come up with something esle.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

I'll bring charcoal, lighter fluid, some grill utensils, and venison brats. Pam and I may bring Zach, our nephew, rifleman as of April at Elk River. 20lb bag should be okay , don't you think?

20lbs is the big one, right?  Enough to run 2 grills?  Should be adequate...  -Aftermath
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

adamt

Ill tell you what Sparks. If that don't cut it, there is a target like 1 mile away.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

If that doesn't cut it we'll have the fire dept out on a 3 alarm. **) **) **)

I look forward to Sun. , It should be a great time.  I'll try to bring extra chairs...in case they're needed.

(John Maxwell)

Old Glory!

Quote from: AFTERMATH on September 16, 2010, 07:00:25 PM
Unconfirmed list of necessaties:

Charcoal
lighter fluid
Buns
condiments
forks/knives/spoons
beverages
napkins
games; if you want.....

Let me know if you come up with something esle.

Better take your white board for your crunch the numbers presentation.  &)

Have a GREAT time MN.  WI had a CTN meeting in January and it was great fun AND we got a lot of planning done. 8)

O'ha!  What a coincidence!  I just recently aquired a white board....  --Aftermath
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Kosciusko

I'll bring  4 dozen hot dog buns
big jug of ketchup, mustard

Cooper

Bringing multiple plates, utensils, a couple of liters of pop and some extra chips.

Is there a dress code?   Shooting jackets, yes or no?  Camo?  Gadsden items?  Incognito or outright plain and simple?

Realize, of course, that I may or may not log in to see a response...     ::)

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

javaguy

Quote from: Cooper on September 18, 2010, 08:34:59 PM
Bringing multiple plates, utensils, a couple of liters of pop and some extra chips.

Is there a dress code?   Shooting jackets, yes or no?  Camo?  Gadsden items?  Incognito or outright plain and simple?

Realize, of course, that I may or may not log in to see a response...     ::)

Coop

We'll be coming from church, orange-hat is coming with me!

adamt

Well, it has been done. As far as I am concerned the picnic was a resounding success. We had enough food for double the capacity of picnickers, clear skies (albeit a cool fall day,) and great fellowship. I am sure that a more official recap or an AAR will follow. I think that Minnesota emerged with a much clearer plan to proceed into 2011.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

Blackdog

It was great to meet everyone and to see the future of Appleseed in MN take shape.

A few pics from the MN Appleseed Muster Picnic.

BuzzG

As I helped Kevin pack up after the picnic, I thought he pointed to a pasta salad as belonging to him. When we got down to his truck, he told me it wasn't his. So, I have your salad bowl and serving spoon. PM me and I'll get it back to you.

Buzz

sparks1

(John Maxwell)