News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WI KD Opportunities and Full Distance patch

Started by JoeZ, August 24, 2010, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

In my opinion RBC's have out used there usefulness.  I for one am not interested  in  instructing  at one.  Just look at what we did at the IBC.  But that is only me.

Quote from: dragonfly on August 25, 2010, 08:22:58 PM
Hey, how about we look for a place for an RBC in WI.  ;) :cool2:  :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

D-fly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

JoeZ

So let's make a Winter IBC then. Either way we get to shoot to 600 in the cold. >:D  Instead of ATV's we'll bring snowmobiles.

I'd love to be able to post a Jan opportunity for Full Distance.

PS: Can we open the Sunday portion of the IBC to those who need a to earn/prove rifleman scores? At $40 per person I don't why not.(No range fee)
        Or am I opening yet another can O' worms......I hate when I do that :wb:

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

russellmn

Umm...  any chance a guy that shot FDAQT at the Rolla, ND RBC could get one o' them patches??? 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dragonfly

Quote from: russellmn on August 26, 2010, 08:46:44 AM
Umm...  any chance a guy that shot FDAQT at the Rolla, ND RBC could get one o' them patches??? 

I think the idea is to shoot KD in WI   @)

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

russellmn

Dang it!    :wb: I dunno when I can get out there to shoot KD...   :---
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dragonfly

I heard Cornell MI is now part of WI  8) . Lacrosse in Dec.  O0

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Quote from: JoeZ on August 25, 2010, 11:05:39 PM
So let's make a Winter IBC then. Either way we get to shoot to 600 in the cold. >:D  Instead of ATV's we'll bring snowmobiles.

I'd love to be able to post a Jan opportunity for Full Distance.

PS: Can we open the Sunday portion of the IBC to those who need a to earn/prove rifleman scores? At $40 per person I don't why not.(No range fee)
        Or am I opening yet another can O' worms......I hate when I do that :wb:

I like it  :~  O0 
dragonfly   Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Deacon

Hmmmmm,
A northern Wisconsin Winter IBC........sounds good to me, or we could do a KD clinic!

Illinois has that 1500(max)? person IBC down in Ottawa, we could do the KD clinic the following weekend!

russellmn

Well I'll be out at Cornell but I'm pretty sure I'll be busy teaching seeing how it's just Colycat and I at the moment... 

LaCrosse the next KD shoot??? 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Shooterer

Where can I purchase some KD targets so I can practice?
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

dragonfly

Quote from: colycat on August 25, 2010, 10:25:32 PM
In my opinion RBC's have out used there usefulness.  I for one am not interested  in  instructing  at one.  Just look at what we did at the IBC.  But that is only me.

Quote from: dragonfly on August 25, 2010, 08:22:58 PM
Hey, how about we look for a place for an RBC in WI.  ;) :cool2:  :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

D-fly

Alright I'll bite  ??? ; why have RBC's out lived there usefulness?
How many Rifleman did we make at the IBC ? RBC's make Rifleman and then they can begin the road to becoming an Instructor. IBC's only work on Instructor skill's .

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

JoeZ

QuoteWhere can I purchase some KD targets so I can practice?

I have full D targets you can buy $2.25 each. I can leave them at the club or what ever.
West Allis Blueprint has them on computer file for $2.50 each. Make sure you ask for the "target" file that Zignego usually gets.
Chris Z has targets for 200yds that simulate the 300yd D and 400yd D. Send him or me a PM for these.

PM me or call 414 750 1589 and I can help you out.

What's the range at Cornell? I think it's 300. If you want I can work up some KD targets. You'll need an xtra red hat though.

QuoteUmm...  any chance a guy that shot FDAQT at the Rolla, ND RBC could get one o' them patches???
I think you mean passed.

russellmn....as soon as I'm in the surplus of these patches or the add on that Meanstreaker suggested I will make them availiable to any red hat who will then be on his honor to award them appropriately. WI riflemen will go first but give me a couple weeks and we'll be alright.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

AFTERMATH

I believe the 'add-on' is the way to go...
Should make things a little easier on BrendaZ as well.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

russellmn

Thanks Joe.  I like the idea of the add on as well.  We've got a few over here in MN that have qual'd FD...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

martin

Just for everyone's info, there is a Wisconsin manufacterer of targets ,    Qualification Targets, Inc. (www.targets.net) toll free 866-498-8228  or (715) 796-5201.  I tried to call him but today is Sat. so no answer.
Surprisingly, this outfit is in a town just minutes north of me.
Martin   
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

eaglescouter

Quote from: martin on August 28, 2010, 11:29:27 AM

Just for everyone's info, there is a Wisconsin manufacterer of targets ,    Qualification Targets, Inc. (www.targets.net) toll free 866-498-8228  or (715) 796-5201.  I tried to call him but today is Sat. so no answer.
Surprisingly, this outfit is in a town just minutes north of me.
Martin   

This is the first supplier that I have seen that stocks the full size 'D' target (full size is 6' X 6').  Most places only stock the repair centers which are much smaller and remove some of the scoring rings.

Unfortunately they list their minimum order as 1,000 pcs for this target :(
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

PHenry

no pricing and not the same as the ones we git from RWVA. Has a 2 score?? and sill is different.

For our KDCs in FL, I have been getting copies of the RWVA targets made at a blueprint shop nearby that is happy to get the work and offers me a pretty decent price. They are on white paper, but work pretty well, and are about 35" x 36" overall - plenty big enough if placed on 4x4' backers.

I have a target line design that works with 3/4" insulation board and 2x4s - portable and reasonable cost. Each 4x8' sheet of "celotex" (no longer made, but you get idea) creates two backers. Sink the 2x4s with a post hole digger at least 2' in ground, on 8' centers, and run drywall screws thru celotex into flat of 2x4s at center point. Be sure that all rounds impact berm from all positions and distances to avoid skip rounds or over berm rounds. Always charge rifle with muzzle pointed at berm to avoid slam fire rounds over berm.

Use white paper behind black 4MOA squares for sighting and remove to place D targets. Start at 25M and get zero (index or record this base sight setting - this is CRITICAL info). Move back to 100 and begin the FD AQT. Easy peasy.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cooper

Quote from: JoeZ on August 26, 2010, 10:11:26 PM

What's the range at Cornell? I think it's 300. If you want I can work up some KD targets. You'll need an xtra red hat though.

The Cornell range is out to 1000 yds.  They're practically in the backyard of my deer camp.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

dragonfly

Quote from: Cooper on August 28, 2010, 01:38:25 PM
Quote from: JoeZ on August 26, 2010, 10:11:26 PM

The Cornell range is out to 1000 yds.  They're practically in the backyard of my deer camp.

I see a chance for a KDAQT here,. With colycat , OG and russellmn instructing it should be a good one.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

JoeZ

Another clarification. The target we use is the D target as supplied by the RWVA that has the 3 point field on it. Written on the bottom is "Center, Target Repair: Rifle Target "D" (Army)". The outside dimension of the 4 point field is 25.75 inch. We don't use the 2 point field that is partially visible on the top.

Possible sources I have printed earlier in this thread.

This is not to be confused with the RWVA Project Appleseed Full Distance AQT which has no 3 point field.(Fred does not pay for misses) This one can be used as a repair for the target mentioned above.

If you get ahold of a full "D" check the 4 point field for size and simply ignore the 2 point field. The 6 feet by 6 feet may help with shooters who are struggling with a zero problem.

JoeZ

Another chance here to earn the full distance patch. Sunday we will be on Racine's 600 yd range with patches in hand. If you are a rifleman, sign up for Sunday only. If you are an orange hat, show up Sun only to instruct/shoot.

dragonfly

Quote from: JoeZ on September 30, 2010, 12:02:38 PM
Another chance here to earn the full distance patch. Sunday we will be on Racine's 600 yd range with patches in hand. If you are a rifleman, sign up for Sunday only. If you are an orange hat, show up Sun only to instruct/shoot.

Or come Saturday for some more history, shoot some QDAQT,s, take an Orange hat, shoot Full distance on Sunday and than help instruct  O0 . All that in one weekend  :cool2: . What a GLORIOUS country we live in  :) .

D-fly    Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Gumballhead

Quote from: dragonfly on September 30, 2010, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: JoeZ on September 30, 2010, 12:02:38 PM

Or come Saturday for some more history, shoot some QDAQT,s, take an Orange hat, shoot Full distance on Sunday and than help instruct  O0 . All that in one weekend  :cool2: . What a GLORIOUS country we live in  :) .

D-fly    Keeping the Faith

What he said  **)

And for Dfly...

:--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ++) ++) ++) ++)

George63

If you do not have a suitable rifle for the KD AQT I will have loaners at Racine oct 2-3

JoeZ

Next opportunity is Sat Oct 16 at 8:30 AM. PM me to go as I must arrange club members to host us. We will shoot to 600 yds and full distance patches will be in hand. Please, only those who shot rifleman score before.

Muskyjerk

:)

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

JoeZ

Two oppurtunities coming up. Racine on Nov 20-21 (you read that right, openning weekend!!!) This range reaches out to 600 and we always use it.

LaCrosse on December 4-5.

These full distance shoots are open to red hats, IITs, and riflemen. Go ahead and sign up for Sunday only. You will come away from this not just with practice at full distance but we are going to teach you how to teach KD. We're not just trying to earn an extra patch here. When someone sees your patch they are to understand that you are not teaching from a book but rather from your experience. This is your chance to be some of the most qualified to instruct around.

The instruction actually starts now with a few simple rules I picked up at the RBC in Osage Beach (many thanks to VAshoter and jmdavis)
1: Do not waste range time with things you can do at home. Check your rifles mechanical functions and properly lubricate. Dry fire, dry fire, and dry fire some more. We tell our shooters this all the time but do we do this ourselves? The more you shoot the more you need to dry fire to catch bad habits as they creep in. Also, try this; dry fire in a totally dark room. Do this for an hour and you will know your trigger intimately.

2: Zero your rifle. For M1As and Garands, zero at 25 meters and you will be zero at 200. AR 15s zero on your 8/3 setting +1 click and you will be zero at 300. For most scoped rifles, zero at 25 will be zero between 250 and 300 depending on your sight height above the bore line. You'll be close enough for the sighters at 200.

Castle Mountain

2: Zero your rifle. For M1As and Garands, zero at 25 meters and you will be zero at 200. AR 15s zero on your 8/3 setting +1 click and you will be zero at 300. For most scoped rifles, zero at 25 will be zero between 250 and 300 depending on your sight height above the bore line. You'll be close enough for the sighters at 200.
[/quote]

We should assume this will be true for our AR-10T .308 as well? Or are they flatter shooting?

Really want to attend this event with  you WI folks. This will be a treat. VA Shooter & JM Davis both lit a fire
in us to shoot KD. We can never be content with 25 M again. I shoot the KD with my .22 and now the big
rifle is going to win the day. If you had the chance to read the Texas KD range report of one shooter
doing very well out to 1000 yds.  Do check it out!   O0 O0

You  WI folks need to send that fine new Texas orange hat a patch for that special accomplishment   O0 I sure would. :)
You will assuradly cement WI into the hearts and minds of those Texans because WI has the neatest patch.

Best regards to to you all.

Castle Mountain

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in