News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield, IL AAR 6/19-20/10

Started by Garand69, June 20, 2010, 05:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

I thought I would give Ole' Sheepdog, our guest Shoot Boss in from Colorado, a hand getting the AAR rolling.... I am sorry that work and illness prevented my attendance this weekend. I had been looking forward to working with Ole' Sheepdog again, It's been a long time my Brother! It is probably better for Colorado that I didn't make it..... I had a very well thought out kidnapping plan put together!!

While I did not have a chance to get out to the excellent ISRA Range Facilities in Bonfield, a little bird told me that there was some promotions to Shoot Boss going around on Saturday!! In fact, the total number of Illinois Shootboss' went up a huge 250%!!!!!!!

A huge congratulations goes out to Gopher Boy, Pappy, and Wurstmacher!!!! Your all are a true asset to Team Illinois ensuring that California will be eating our dust for years to come!!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Congratulations Gentlemen!   ^:)^

Well Done.  O0

Thanks for stepping up and helping make Illinois a little less.... you know....  like Illinois used to be.  ^-^

Boba

Deacon

Great job yous guys!!!!!

I always enjoy working with instructors from Illinois!  All of them are true professionals and now three new shootbosses....uh oh Wisconsin, we need to keep an eye out to the south!  I can feel how that Garand69 guy has his sights on our beautiful real estate and shooters with a habit of making Riflemen!

Job well done!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Sheepdog

Just a few comments before I surrender to slumber. It was great to see many of you again. G69 missed you but you were better off at home if you had PP. Will continue to watch the antics from afar.
Thanks everyone for making this a great shoot. We had some focused shooters who showed up for the event. Justin earned the patch this weekend, his second AS. Did I mention he scored a 210? The awarded patch was followed by a waterbottle dousing. Bet that felt good in the heat.
Everyone worked hard, made progress, and we saw some waking up.

Great job everyone. More words to follow.

Sheepdog out, for now.
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Garand69

3 Shootboss's and a Rifleman!!!! woooooo hoooo That's 8 Rifleman for the Month!! Great Work Team IL/CO ;)

Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

BaldDragn

Quote from: Garand69 on June 20, 2010, 05:58:19 PM
A huge congratulations goes out to Gopher Boy, Pappy, and Wurstmacher!!!! Your all are a true asset to Team Illinois ensuring that California will be eating our dust for years to come!!!

OH YA!!!

Keep that up big guy, that's exactly the thing my crew needs to hear.

Cali's crew has had to put up with a state government that's been stomping on their rights for that last several decades and it just make them more focused, any thing you can add will just fuel the fire!!!

Boba Fett... Buy that man some Sausage, WSMR style.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Boba Fett

Quote from: BaldDragn on June 21, 2010, 03:46:03 AM

You know BD... It's all they had at the store. It wasn't that bad! and it was actually better for everyone anyway.

On top of it all, we all got a great memory from it, and you all got something to raz me about from then until the end of time.   !@#) >:D  ;D

BF

2 clicks low

I want to thank all the staff, had a great weekend and learned a whole lot.

Learned something about shooting as well. Almost cleared my redcoats and shot 190's on the AQT. I will be back again to make rifleman (with a friend).

Special thanks to Sheepdog for the use of the rifle and Gofer Boy for the pad.

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Johnnyappleseed

G69
Cali out wimped Illinois, by not  allowing the famed TV set + sofa target :(in the anti rights bastion of SanFrancisco) From the folks we saw at Castro Valley this weekend ---- even the bay area is ready to leave Illinois in the dust .
Watch California turn the tide toward freedom and liberty !  8)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Shooter30-06

Congratulations to our three new Shoot Bosses!  All three of you are tremendous teachers and a credit to the Illinois program.  I'd also offer congratulations to our new Rifleman Justin - way to go!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Reveille

Quote from: 2 clicks low on June 21, 2010, 02:33:23 PM
I want to thank all the staff, had a great weekend and learned a whole lot.

Learned something about shooting as well. Almost cleared my redcoats and shot 190's on the AQT. I will be back again to make rifleman (with a friend).

Special thanks to Sheepdog for the use of the rifle and Gofer Boy for the pad.

2 clicks low

2 clicks, great to hear that you have caught the AQT fever!  We will be looking for your return soon.  Thanks for coming out and braving the heat and humidity.  It is hard to resist the central air and cushy couch on a weekend like that one. O0

Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Garand69

Quote from: BaldDragn on June 21, 2010, 03:46:03 AM
Quote from: Garand69 on June 20, 2010, 05:58:19 PM

OH YA!!!

Keep that up big guy, that's exactly the thing my crew needs to hear.

Cali's crew has had to put up with a state government that's been stomping on their rights for that last several decades and it just make them more focused, any thing you can add will just fuel the fire!!!

;D Shakin' the bush Boss, shakin the bush  **)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Hammer

Congratulations everyone  8).  Sorry Cindy and I could not make it for the beautiful weekend.  Unfortunately Friday night's storm knew what it was about taking out a 100' pine into our neighbor's yard  :o.  Would have much rather been at the range...  See you on the trail.

Jim
"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories."  - Thomas Jefferson

Mogget

Congrats to the three new shoot bosses!

However, what I really need just at the moment is the attendance figures for this shoot.  Does anybody know the number of shooters on the line on Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks,

Mogs

Pappy

Hello Group; It was a pleasure to spend the Limited amount of time that we were able to spend with you.
I hope that each one of you has started the process to get your M1-Rifle. Take the time to fill out the ORDER and send it off...... it will make you a better Rifleman.  Apple - Seed, Always, Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Sheepdog

Additional info...
We had 20 shooters Sat and 17 on Sunday.
Good job everyone. This is going to be short. My more lengthy report vanished into cyberspace with a timed out message. Someday I'll learn to C/P to here from Word.
Great seeing you all again,
Sheepdog

Pappy

Hello Group; Were there any photos taken of the shoot, odd as it may seem the shooters may like to see them better late than never.... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Sheepdog

Reveille

M.E., did you guys take any pics?  I thought I spotted a camera somewhere.  Looking forward to seeing some.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.