News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois vs. California????

Started by Garand69, June 04, 2010, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jungle George

Quote from: Boba Fett on June 08, 2010, 06:05:22 PM
Quote from: asminuteman on June 08, 2010, 05:42:37 PM
*still stirring*       *still in GOOD clean FUN*

since Cali has 2/3 of ALL welfare cases in the U.S., can't some "adjustment"...eerrr arrangement be had?
with the population thingies?...Pleaseee :P

The only positive thing you could really say about California is at least their Governors are smart enough to not get caught.  @&)

Illinois believes in two term Govenors one in office one in jail!!

JG

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Dinky Dao

Since I don't have a home and I meander across the nation from state to state working Appleseeds, I gotta say...

California ROCKS!
ILLINOIS SUCKS!!
Rock that West Coast!
KICK  IL's  BUTT!!!!
The only earthquake going on in CA is from the SOUND of RIFLEMEN muzzle BLASTS!
GO Cali!  GO Cali!

There...that should tie up both CA and IL in enough of a brouhaha to keep them from realizing OHIO is about to take them BOTH out... >:D ...

LOL!

Dinky
RWVA National Staff
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Garand69

First and foremost, lets go easy on the earthquake business Bob Fett, the Madrid Fault is a bit over due  :D &) &)

But lets get back to those "Demographics". What is it that we are saving folks? And how do we go about Saving it??? If we are saving the Nation, should we preach to the choir, or broaden the horizons???

I already did a popular post regarding the Real Sheeple of this Nation, maybe I should re-post it ::). It wasn't the City Folk, the Unemployed or those on the welfare roles that were the Sheeple. It was those among  US who are way too comfortable with what they currently have "freedom"-wise.

Now for States like California and Illinois, with all sorts of troubles, Appleseed has a massive advantage. Why???? People are PO'd and starting to realize that something is very amiss. They are starting to realize they need to do something. :sos: :sos: :sos:

Most don't have a clue where to go, they just need to be shown the light my Friends, that light is Appleseed. You just have to get to them before someone else shows them a different path, one that isn't nearly as beneficial to the Nation. For some maybe it is too late, but I would rather spend time on them, than some "Firearm Enthusiast" with a collection of "Safe Queens" that would rather hide them than actually learn to use them. :'( :'( :'( :'(

So lets quit complaining about our States demographics and refer to them what they are.... "Potential Opportunities", and embrace them. We know full well those we "think are on our team" are sitting on the couch right now watching a Cable TV show about guns or other "manly American guy stuff"

So I guess the next challenge is who takes full advantage of this first??? Is California going to have an Appleseed in LA County before Illinois has one in C[r]ook County??? @)

I'm up for it if Bob210 is O0  :cool2:

Ohio has Appleseeds? I thought it was buckeyes??? ^:)^

Now if you all don't mind, I need to kick Minnesota's butt and plan an invasion of Iowa **) **) **) **)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Quote from: Garand69 on June 08, 2010, 11:03:41 PM

So I guess the next challenge is who takes full advantage of this first??? Is California going to have an Appleseed in LA County before Illinois has one in C[r]ook County??? @)

I'm up for it if Bob210 is O0  :cool2:

Oooooohhh! I like that one Garand.  O0

Ratchett

AND THE DINKMEISTER ROCKS ON!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Evenstar

Quote from: Dinky Dao on June 08, 2010, 08:39:10 PM

There...that should tie up both CA and IL in enough of a brouhaha to keep them from realizing OHIO is about to take them BOTH out... >:D ...

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

LayloPro

Ahhh, dude(s) (& dude-ette's).......

A few minor things to be noted......

Is California going to have an Appleseed in LA County before Illinois has one in C[r]ook County???

You may have wanted to stay a bit more current with this one, as that was -sooooo- last month.......already done.... &) $$-0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13710.0
And the one in Chi-town is when?? ::) :wall: %)

2nd, I have free rein over what is indeed the largest single county in the continental 48, which has, in it's entirety, exactly -ONE- range.....private land, private club, that we have 6 shoots lined up for this year on (including our first "all-Gal" shoot in a few weeks)......the only other one that is suitable for AS is @ Ft Irwin, and Boltgun71 is working on a lead I gave him for a Ft Stewart/WSMR type event for "out here"......

And, in a "neighboring county", we have Corona, which also hosts 6 year round shoots, which average about 25-40 shooters an event......in the vein of "range ownership", I also have sway over this one as well, except for either visiting SB's, or any SBiT's that are brave enough...... $$-0 >:D :(

That is just my very "tiny" part of the AS world....... ::) :cool2:

So if any of y'all wanna come on out here, learn a few different languages to be able to "get along" with the locals in our "melting pot here", I will certainly welcome you......

Last I checked, both our states have been getting beat on pretty severely by the politicians, so lets' check our blows for each other along with our egos @ the door 8)......

If it gets so bad here that I finally have to say: "I've had more than enough", and move, just know that we were here fighting to the last American flag.......I've done that before, & I can tell you it isn't a real good feeling, but I will not surrender unless all options of winning have been exhausted...... :wall: :wb: :wall: :--- $$-0

I feel bad for the folks living in "gun friendly" states, that don't realize the infection they deal with by those who will work their agenda on them, while they are sleeping soundly themselves, confident in the idea that they have protected their rights, by either just owning a gun, or believing with all that is in them that they are far more proficient in it's use than anyone else..... :-\ :-[

Fred feels there is a "sleeping American" in each of them.....sometimes I wonder....or if the effort to wake those who slumber so heavily is actually worth the time spent on them, rather than someone who would awaken more easily......
I may have offered this up before, "I have no problem herding cats, but I am damned tired of training goats...." &) @&)

Dinky, watch out....I have a -bunch- of family in SW O as well....don't make me start traveling now....... >:D ::) ;D

Come on folks....let's move forward!!

LLP

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Boba Fett

All joking aside... BOTH Illinois and California have a lot to be proud of (Appleseed wise). If it wasn't for the Instructor corp's in these two states, I wouldn't hold out any hope for their Liberty's survival. I am honored to be counted amongst the AS Brethren in these two states. I know most of them in some form or fashion and I love em all with every fiber of my being.  :bow:

God Bless IL and California Appleseeders, their families, and everyone they meet on the trail!  @)

Stand tall, Shine your light before men, and keep on keepin on!  ;) O0 :~

Boba

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Boba Fett on June 09, 2010, 10:23:49 AM
All joking aside... BOTH Illinois and California have a lot to be proud of (Appleseed wise). If it wasn't for the Instructor corp's in these two states, I wouldn't hold out any hope for their Liberty's survival. I am honored to be counted amongst the AS Brethren in these two states. I know most of them in some form or fashion and I love em all with every fiber of my being.  :bow:

God Bless IL and California Appleseeders, their families, and everyone they meet on the trail!  @)

Stand tall, Shine your light before men, and keep on keepin on!  ;) O0 :~

Boba

I'll second that!

Heck, Californians made up nearly half of the Instructor Corps at my first Appleseed, Winona Sept. '08-MN's first.
Thanks to JohnnyAppleseed and SavageShootr; who joined Colycat+family to work with Iowa Mark and Alex(then known as Azel).
I guess vmt193 provided the catalyst for this epic fusion of expertise resulting in a new star in the Appleseed Universe.
Heck, I recieved my Rifleman patch at a shoot in Wisconsin; controlled by the good folks of Illinois!

It is truly an honor to meet such great Americans on the Appleseed Trail!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

EEL

Aftermath,

Slow down there my friend  @&)  Are you trying to say that Appleseed know no borders?  :o  That we are all from the same cut of cloth?  #)  That even though we may chide each other, poke fun, kid, and otherwise stir the pot from time to time...we would drop what we are doing and help a brother out?  :D  That deep down we are proud of each and every State's accomplishments and dare we say, a tad bit jealous?   :cool2:

You're just talkin' crazy.

I'm sure everyone posting and reading knows each and every State fills it's own niche in the Appleseed world. To discount any effort would be....treasonous.   ;)

This is a fun post to read.  Little jabs, counter jabs, boasting, tail twisting, and flat out bragging.  Beats reality TV hands down!!

Thanks guys!

EEL

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Boba Fett

Quote from: EEL on June 09, 2010, 03:57:01 PM

This is a fun post to read.  Little jabs, counter jabs, boasting, tail twisting, and flat out bragging.  Beats reality TV hands down!!

And don't forget the sincere compliments and admiration amongst Brothers.  O0

BF

techres

I was SO gonna post some numbers using these formulas and plugging in Indiana numbers.  But I did not go there.

I was SO gonna mention Hoosier's offering assistance in helping IL bring some of their numbers up since they are midwesterners and all.  But I did not go there.

I was SO gonna do something else and then I read this:

Quote from: LayloPro on June 09, 2010, 05:57:49 AM
Is California going to have an Appleseed in LA County before Illinois has one in C[r]ook County???

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!  LayloPro SO went there!!!!

Oh...  ouch.

;)   ;D 

I stand mute before a master of the poking stick.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Boba Fett

Quote from: techres on June 09, 2010, 05:11:57 PM
I was SO gonna post some numbers using these formulas and plugging in Indiana numbers.  But I did not go there.

I was SO gonna mention Hoosier's offering assistance in helping IL bring some of their numbers up since they are midwesterners and all.  But I did not go there.

I was SO gonna do something else and then I read this:

Quote from: LayloPro on June 09, 2010, 05:57:49 AM

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!  LayloPro SO went there!!!!

Oh...  ouch.

;)   ;D 

I stand mute before a master of the poking stick.

Techres,
Actually that was Garand69 who threw that one out there. LLP smacked it back at him with the "that was sooooo last month" comment.  ~~:)

techres

Oops.  Sorry, it is just so hard to keep up with you fast talking cosmopolitan types.    **)
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

LayloPro

;D &) ^:)^ ..:.. :))

My brother from a different barber, G69........ O0 O0 O0

Gotta say, I can stand with any fellow with the name of John C. Garand as his moniker........ :bow: :bow: :bow:

And Boba, you are 110% right....we -do- have a mutual admiration society thing going on between us all......it's kinda natural, being fellow AS'rs, as well as the "starchy" kind of folks who will not back up, down, or step to the side kind of folks for some slime bag politicians........ :--- :cool2:

Tech, it's true....I can talk a whole lot faster than I can walk any more...... **) **) **)

Guys, let's get some shoots going, shall we?? ..:.. @@) ;)

BTW, anyone seen Fred around lately?? I asked if he would fly me out there for the "300" shoot, and it's been nothin' but crickets, & grass seed sproutin' since then....... ;) ^-^ ??? @)

TTYAS
LLP

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.