News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois vs. California????

Started by Garand69, June 04, 2010, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

First I would like to say to my fine friends in California........ Fred started it.

Yep, that is right, that cute little line about us leaving California in the dust was posted by Fred "The Helpful"  @)  &)

As soon as I seen it I knew it would be trouble. All sorts of bruised Californian egos would start all sorts of trouble, but alas, I was wrong for the most part. It does seem the mention of dust is being uttered more and more often from Cali mouths and keyboards, but all in all it has been quite.

Then I post the Illinois SITREP, and the next thing you know I get a few digs via PM from our friends in California. Well of course Fred knew full well this was going to happen, he is all about those numbers afterall. But now I feel it is my duty to defend Illinois' honor. I understand that California is still upset about getting swept by the Chicago Blackhawks, but we must move on folks. We understand that it is hard for you folks to practice hockey when none of the water in San Jose freezes.... ever.

But there is no reason to bring Hockey rivalries into Appleseed.

Afterall, Appleseed is a numbers game, and no Nation was ever saved with a Hockey Puck, so lets get to them thar numbers.

California has some pretty impressive numbers to be sure. We have to give credit where credit is due.

California stats include 230 total Rifleman! and 72 Appleseeds on the Schedule for 2010!!! That is some most excellent Appleseedin' my Brothers! ^:)^ :o

In comparison, poor lil' Illinois only has only 88 Total  ..:..Rifleman and 28 Appleseeds on the 2010 schedule  :'(

But when you play with numbers, you have to use all the numbers..... right :cool2:

Population-
California = 37,000,000                        Illinois = 13,000,000

Square Miles-
California = 155,959.34                        Illinois = 55,583.58

hmmmmmmm, that's interesting, let's fire up the ole' abacus...

Non-Rifleman to Rifleman Ratio-
California = 160869.5/1
Illinois =     147727.3/1

13,142 more Non-Rifleman to each Rifleman in California????

How about how many Square Miles per Rifleman???

California has a respectable ratio of 678.0 Square Miles for every Rifleman.

BUT, Illinois isn't too shabby... With 631.6 Square Miles per Rifleman. So Illinois Rifleman have 46.4 LESS Square Miles to cover, hmmmmm. :cool2:

What about all those California Shoots, they must have us beat there???? :~ :~

Well in California, for every shoot on the 2010 schedule, there is 513,889 Citizens. Illinois has 464,286 citizens per shoot.... nearly 50,000 less :--- :---

Now please don't misunderstand this information, it is only posted here to help. It is my belief that when Appleseed Saves either one of these troubled States, we all win...... even New Mexico!

Just to give my fine friends in California a goal to reach, you need to raise your Rifleman count up to 251 (without us adding any to our count  >:D ) to beat our Rifleman Numbers.

To beat our Shoot Numbers you need to bump your 2010 schedule up to 80 Shoots (again, that's if we don't add any more  >:D )

Now of course, I now the rule of the numbers.... Live by the Numbers, Die by the Numbers... And I'm sure sooner or later Delaware will chime in and brag how they are leavin' Illinois in the dust! ..:.. ..:.. But it comes with the game.

8) It sure is lonely at the top ^:)^
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

EEL

Oh boy   &) &) &) &) &) &)

Pack a lunch  @@)  Here we go!!!!!!

Sheesh, let him outta my sight for 10 minutes.  10 minutes!  And now this  ;D   **)
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Garand69

Somebody give the Sheepdog a yell, he may be able to cut em at the pass  **) **) **) **)
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

dragonfly

I think since Garand69 already has the formula and the time ^:)^ he should do the numbers for every state O0 :bow:

D-fly   @)

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

jacques

I guess demographics don't come in to play here?  ???
Two Words-Meriams Corner

asminuteman

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

oladcock

"we all win...... even New Mexico! "

Now don't get the Land of Enhancement into this. We're here so you guys got some place to hide! :) Good to see such "anti" states duking it out! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

asminuteman

Jungle George

Youse guys over there in Illinois better behave.  Don't be throwing water on each other, throw it out of the boat.  Thor's Hammer and I are coming over on 9-11 to help bail in your area, as water seeks it's own level, you sink we sink.  I'm sure it will be a good time.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Garand69

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Garand69

Oops, Sorry California @) @) @)...... I just added another shoot to the Illinois 2010 Schedule ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:..  >:D
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

Oh, my, my, my.......... #)

Leave town for just a few weeks doing 'Seeds here & there, and come to find this little "present" on my doorstep....... @&) @@)

Ya' know, when we first started getting some wheels under Cali a few short years ago, I had a PM or posting from Nickle that said something about how Cali would have to do 600+ AS's to every one of whatever NE state he was in to "even things out" in terms of population......I had responded that if he wanted to make a few dozen RM in his time here, that was fine, but for me personally, I'd rather make a few thousand..... &)

So the item will continue to stand that when it comes to AS's, the number that -matters-, is how many RM, and by virtue of great leadership examples, IIT's, then RH's & SB's, etc, each state can come up with......
Anything else is simply dandelion salad...... ;D

Soooo, seriously, G-Man, is this -reallllly- what you wanna do??  &) #) ^-^

Let Fred (the Helpful -tm-) talk you into picking on the biggest guy in the bar, who while friendly enough, still out weighs you by quite a bit?? And seems a bit "surly" about the company you've been "exporting" to Washington??

tsk, tsk......this should be quite entertaining....... &) %) :))

Fred, I know you've got your ears on out there.....ya wanna fly me out to Illi for their "300" event?? Seems they're gonna need some help, & Johnny Appleseed is just too "friendly like"...... >:D ^-^

TTYS, and be nice to my lil' brother out there.....he likes shooting deer with a real rifle, not a smooth bore musket...... **) **) **)

LLP

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Johnnyappleseed

LLP hahahah Not since SS is beating on me  ~~:)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

LayloPro

Johnny,
are you saying SS is "toughening you up" for the Trail?!?!? O0 ;D
This could be a really fun one, doncha' think?? O0 @)

"on the trail again........." ^-^ O0

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Boba Fett

My Grandpa taught me, when I was about ten, a very important lesson in life:

"Figures don't lie, but all Liar's can figure."  :cool2:

I'll just leave it at that, sit back, and watch the fun continue on this thread.

BF

EEL

LLP,

Why yes, you are welcome to mosey into Illinois for the 300 shoot.  heck we're gonna need about 60 ish instructors!!

Ahhh, but this IS Illinois so you know there is a catch.   **)   **)

You gotta bring a couple two-tree dozen folks with you.  Gov. Q  says he needs the revenue  :D

Seriously, I hope to meet a whole bunch of you here in Sept.  It will be nice to put faces with names, share tales (true or not **) ) and talk all things Appleseed around a huge bon fire.  Make your plans, rope in some shooters, and be prepared for an sight to behold....

300 shooters....$ 10,500 (COULD BE $21,000  ^-^)
300 Red Coats..$ $15.00
Ammo..............$ 156.00
Seeing 3,900 rounds go down range from 1 line in less than 1 minute................PRICELESS!!

EEL

AFTERMATH

Hmmm...
Might I throw a little seasoning into the freshly stirred pot?

Minnesota

Population = 5,266,214
Riflemen = 41
NR/R = 128,444.2/1
AS '10 = 19
Citizens/AS = 277,169

However, each Rifleman does have to cover about 3x the area as Cali and Illi.

::)

P.S. G69; have you run the numbers for Illisconsin yet?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Garand69

LLP, My Pops was a scrapper back in the day. One thing he taught me was this.... when out numbered hit the biggest mouth first, the biggest body second..... ;) but I digress. You all are my pals, I'm just diverting all that fun Fred the Helpful stuff around in a nice even layer!!!!

I better see you in Sept
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

Well, G-Man, we will see what Fred (The Helpful -tm-) wants to do about that..... O0 ::) ;D

I am currently taking care of some family issues that have been perking for the last year or so, but hopefully, will be able to get back into the full swing of things here shortly..... :wall: @) ++)

Sept sounds like a wonderful time to be out there in Illi.....of course, fair warning, every time I'm out in Dec, I bring the snow & ice to Peoria, so if I am "allowed" to enter the hometown AO of Gov Blago, you -may- experience an "early winter"..... :o :o :o %)

I could however, bring along a palm frond from one of our trees, to act as a native talisman against the cold, harsh weather you folks have to endure out there...... :)) @)

Overall, I am always willing to put up with the 4 hr flight time, and interminable deck time in airports, for a chance to hang out with, and socialize with my AS brethren in Illi....(and other points around)......As far as I can tell, we (in our 2 respective states) face much the same legal nonsense in our 2A rights as some of the other, less populated states such as Mass, NJ, Md, and a few others.....we do indeed need to slog this out together, not punching each other up....... ;) 8)

Altho', growing up as a lone white boy in ELA, I was used to having the 4-6 guys from the barrio approach me about being in "their turf".....it actually worked better for me, as they would always get in each other's way, while I was able to pick & choose targets, and act on that...... &) :)) :--- ..:..
And there's almost nothing better than a target rich environment....... :~ :~ :~ :~ :)) ;D  ^:)^ ..:..

Anyway, I would certainly look forward to seeing all you fine folks again soon....Dec just seems so far away........ :'( :-\ :cool2:

C-Ya soon!!

LLP

Boba Fett

Quote from: Garand69 on June 08, 2010, 12:57:39 AM
when out numbered hit the biggest mouth first, the biggest body second..... ;) but I digress.

WOW!   :o

That was vicious Garand. I'm impressed.   >:D ^-^ O0 **)

BF

Nickle

Now, if you're going to do this per-capita, you've got a problem on your hands, because the 2 smallest states (Vermont and Wyoming) have some pretty impressive numbers, once adjusted for population.

QuoteCalifornia stats include 230 total Rifleman! and 72 Appleseeds on the Schedule for 2010!!! 

In comparison, poor lil' Illinois only has only 88 Total  ..:..Rifleman and 28 Appleseeds on the 2010 schedule 

But when you play with numbers, you have to use all the numbers..... right

Population-
California = 37,000,000                        Illinois = 13,000,000

Square Miles-
California = 155,959.34                        Illinois = 55,583.58

Vermont:

Population - 621,760 (for calcualtion purposes, we'll use 600,000)  (CA has 61.666 times as many, Illinois has 21.666 times as many)

Square miles - 9,620 (CA is 16+ times larger, IL is 5.5+ times larger)

Instructors (not counting IIT's) - 4 (1 MI, 3 SB) (CA would need 247 Riflemen to surpass what we have for IT staff eligible to run an AS, IL would need 87, and you barely have that) And that's just Red Hats versus Riflemen, not really fair to VT, but, we still make the cut. We don't count Riflemen here, because the states are small, and people (shooters AND Instructors/IIT's) have no problem crossing state lines here, especially with NY and NH.

Appleseeds for 2010 - 10 (factored for population, CA would need 617 to beat us, IL would need 217) ( to surpass either state, we need to do just 2 events, and we have 4 locations, 2 doing 3 each this year, the other 2 doing 2 each this year) And, 3 of our events have FD/AQT's at them!

Be careful how you do this. And, I can tell you, Wyoming has even fewer people, and pulls some decent stats for RM and Intructors. I doubt CA will get "too big for their britches" over this, as they and TX went through this blustering before, and were promptly shown the error of their ways.

Folks, all in good fun here.  :cool2: And, have a nice day.............  :)
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Pappy

Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Nickle on June 08, 2010, 02:53:03 PM
Now, if you're going to do this per-capita, you've got a problem on your hands, because the 2 smallest states (Vermont and Wyoming) have some pretty impressive numbers, once adjusted for population.

QuoteCalifornia stats include 230 total Rifleman! and 72 Appleseeds on the Schedule for 2010!!! 

In comparison, poor lil' Illinois only has only 88 Total  ..:..Rifleman and 28 Appleseeds on the 2010 schedule 

But when you play with numbers, you have to use all the numbers..... right

Population-
California = 37,000,000                        Illinois = 13,000,000

Square Miles-
California = 155,959.34                        Illinois = 55,583.58

Vermont:

Population - 621,760 (for calcualtion purposes, we'll use 600,000)  (CA has 61.666 times as many, Illinois has 21.666 times as many)

Square miles - 9,620 (CA is 16+ times larger, IL is 5.5+ times larger)

Instructors (not counting IIT's) - 4 (1 MI, 3 SB) (CA would need 247 Riflemen to surpass what we have for IT staff eligible to run an AS, IL would need 87, and you barely have that) And that's just Red Hats versus Riflemen, not really fair to VT, but, we still make the cut. We don't count Riflemen here, because the states are small, and people (shooters AND Instructors/IIT's) have no problem crossing state lines here, especially with NY and NH.

Appleseeds for 2010 - 10 (factored for population, CA would need 617 to beat us, IL would need 217) ( to surpass either state, we need to do just 2 events, and we have 4 locations, 2 doing 3 each this year, the other 2 doing 2 each this year) And, 3 of our events have FD/AQT's at them!

Be careful how you do this. And, I can tell you, Wyoming has even fewer people, and pulls some decent stats for RM and Intructors. I doubt CA will get "too big for their britches" over this, as they and TX went through this blustering before, and were promptly shown the error of their ways.

Folks, all in good fun here.  :cool2: And, have a nice day.............  :)

O'Ha!

Garand stirs the pot from coast to coast!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Nickle

Quote from: AFTERMATH on June 08, 2010, 03:26:47 PM

O'Ha!

He learned it from the best. A couple of real curmudgeons, one from IL, the other from some backward state in the Northeast.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Boba Fett

Quote from: Nickle on June 08, 2010, 04:18:54 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on June 08, 2010, 03:26:47 PM

O'Ha!

He learned it from the best. A couple of real curmudgeons, one from IL, the other from some backward state in the Northeast.

Maybe you should all change your titles from "Master Instructor" to "Master Curmudgeon".  >:D

asminuteman

Boba Fett

Quote from: asminuteman on June 08, 2010, 05:42:37 PM
*still stirring*       *still in GOOD clean FUN*

since Cali has 2/3 of ALL welfare cases in the U.S., can't some "adjustment"...eerrr arrangement be had?
with the population thingies?...Pleaseee :P

What? California, bleeding the entire country dry with all that welfare, needs even more help now?  :'( Isn't it bad enough they're bankrupt, boycotting AZ, and destroying the American way of life. Now we need to pander to them and coddle them  :bow: and "adjust" (read: pad) their numbers so they can further their delusion of self-grander  ++)  and allow them to "pretend" to be the premier Appleseed force in the nation.  &)

You've got to be kidding!  :o  You have GOT to be kidding !!!!

Boy... Where's a good earthquake when you need it? We could sure use one in IL too.

The only positive thing you could really say about California is at least their Governors are smart enough to not get caught.  @&)