News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

15-16 May Billings, MT shoot

Started by bru, April 01, 2010, 01:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glocker21

Quote from: The Count on May 11, 2010, 11:43:38 AM
Quote from: glocker21 on May 11, 2010, 11:30:13 AM
Hey Jon...good job on the setup.
Ditto!

I will be arriving sometime Friday evening. Maybe we can get together at the range to do a walk through

I should be in town early afternoon.   1400... ish... Jon, do you want to meet at the range?   You want me to give you a call when I get in?   Should we just pick a time when all of us can get together?

That would be great. Could you PM me with contact info?
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

montana shooter

I've got a commitment in helena for the Race For The Cure....but plan to bust my heinie right out of there as soon as I can.  I'll swing by and lend a hand wherever you boys and girls need me.  I'll call Glocker or Clodhopper first.

look forward to it.
kb....
ps.....where's the range?
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

MontanaCrusader

Sounds good.  I am out of town and will not be back to Billings until Friday Morning.  I will get started with the "Lines" that morning.  You have my contact info. just let me know when you get into town and we can meet.

Jon
"It's the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

MontanaCrusader

Quote from: glocker21 on May 11, 2010, 05:41:18 PM
Quote from: The Count on May 11, 2010, 11:43:38 AM
Quote from: glocker21 on May 11, 2010, 11:30:13 AM
Hey Jon...good job on the setup.
Ditto!

I will be arriving sometime Friday evening. Maybe we can get together at the range to do a walk through

I should be in town early afternoon.   1400... ish... Jon, do you want to meet at the range?   You want me to give you a call when I get in?   Should we just pick a time when all of us can get together?

That would be great. Could you PM me with contact info?

I sent you my Info.  I think it would be great to meet for some coffee or something just before heading to range.  At the interstate exit by Cabela's there is a McDonalds, a Burger King and a Convenience Store.  I prefer the store coffee over all of them.  The range is tricky to get to, the first time I went out there I ended up on the Crow Indian Reservation.  I will need to make up a few road signs to help the Appleseeders.  Just let me know Friday what you'll want to do.  You have my numbers; I will most likely be at the range all morning anyway.

Jon
"It's the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

montana shooter

My bad.....my post should only have been on the Boulder shoot......that's the one I'll be going to this weekend.  Everybody have a great time in Billings!
kb
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

Gremlin

My son is going to have the day off work.  He's 17.  I tried to sign up today but of course it's closed now.  Can I bring him along?

mtmisfit

Quote from: Gremlin on May 14, 2010, 04:12:29 PM
My son is going to have the day off work.  He's 17.  I tried to sign up today but of course it's closed now.  Can I bring him along?

Yes.......
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

MontanaCrusader

Well ladies and gentleman, the inaugural Billings Montana Appleseed is under our belt, another notch is cut and that experience is something that cannot be taken away from us (HUZZAH!!!)  Now preparations start for Billings Appleseed II...   Never let the iron get cold!!!  Always Prepared Never Idle!!!

glocker21

Quote from: MontanaCrusader on May 17, 2010, 02:18:08 PM
Well ladies and gentleman, the inaugural Billings Montana Appleseed is under our belt, another notch is cut and that experience is something that cannot be taken away from us (HUZZAH!!!)  Now preparations start for Billings Appleseed II...   Never let the iron get cold!!!  Always Prepared Never Idle!!!

I am very pleased with all your hard work MC. You have done a wonderful job. Congrats on Rifleman and being our new IIT. The Blue Creek Shooting Sports Complex was a outstanding location for the shoot. The weather was wonderful. A ton of fun was had and Rifleman were born.

I am looking forward to Billings Appleseed part Duex

Glocker21
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

cookstove

My daughter, son, and I had a great time at the Billings shoot. 

Thanks to all who worked to coordinate and instruct the event!

glocker21

Quote from: cookstove on May 17, 2010, 02:51:04 PM
My daughter, son, and I had a great time at the Billings shoot. 

Thanks to all who worked to coordinate and instruct the event!

Welcome Cookstove!

I am VERY glad you guys went to the shoot and moreover had fun. I look forward to seeing you on the Appleseed trail in Montana

Glocker21

money."
Charley Reese

Instructor Scheduling

Quote from: clodhopper on May 10, 2010, 11:22:01 PM
Shoot boss for Boulder???

Some months back, I sent a message to instructor scheduling volunteering to be Shoot boss for the Boulder shoot...Many days passed with no word or listing on instructor schedule.
So I sent instructor scheduling a message volunteering to be an instructor at the Boulder shoot and was immediately listed as such.
Not wanting to bring grief to my fellow appleseed volunteers I thought we could just have a instruction clinic and be over the drama.
I have already sent a course of fire to the other instructors and plan to keep the records and send in the necessary paper work.
If sbit means shoot boss in training, no I have not been though any, but I was cast on the griddle as shoot boss for Garfield Washington last summer and was shoot boss at Three Forks MT. and Boulder MT last Fall.
Appleseed instruction was delivered, Riflemen and riflewomen were made, the story of April 19 was told, no one was wounded, the range cleaned up, and applecentral received the funds collected.

Hey Clodhopper, I've been meaning to get back to you re. this post.

I searched back a few months and saw that what you say is true. I'm not sure what happened but  I need to apologize for dropping that ball.

Clearly you and the rest of the MT crew are doing a lot for the program, and I hate to think of good efforts being frustrated by administrative failures.

I'm sure we'll all be glad when you get that Green Hat! I personally am not quite in a position to judge, but it sounds like you deserve it!

Fuzzymath, on behalf of the I.S. team