News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GA Rifleman.

Started by Appalacious, March 16, 2010, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalacious

If you live in GA and have shot a Rifleman score stand up and be counted.  Simply put the location and date of your expert AQT.

Then, if you haven't already, let us know where you are at this thread:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4644.0

I'll start:
March 15, 2009.  Toccoa.
With Boltgun71 lineboss. 228.

(Update:  We have 13 so far... O0)
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

sanderman79

I don't remember the score but shot it in Toccoa in Spring of 08 with Silence. And I live in Lilburn.

Raymon

Deadeye

April 19, 2008
At Toccoa With SoM.

shaftoe

First did it in November in Toccoa with a bolt .22.  Once.

Did it again on March 6/7 in Toccoa with a bolt .22 and a Garand.  Did it more than once and did it with a "real gun".  Now the patch can go on the jacket.   ..:..
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

.220swift

10/09 Hinesville, best AQT 247 with an M4/ACOG.
03/10 Hawkinsville, best AQT 248 with an AR15/Scope.

½Bear½Cat

Manchester, TN
May 24, 2009

snaphook75

Hinesville, last October. The first one was 223
DwayneRN was the line boss, with Thor helping out quite a bit...thanks to both!

DrJohn

Toccoa, Georgia, Nov. 14, 2009.  Son of Martha Shoot Boss, The Guy Instructor, sanderman79 Line Boss (what a trio!), 219 with my 10/22.  I am waiting to sew on my patch until I shoot Rifleman with my centerfire, which I have not had the chance to try up to this point.  But soon, soon... ;)
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

franklinfarmer

Same shoot as DrJohn above.  Scored by The Guy: 230 with a 10-22.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

goose

Okay, I got to the Radio Show late, after 9, and the audio was a bit choppy at times.  Listened in until the cut came at 10pm.  Sorry I didn't get to the GA board and wave a big howdy.

Col. Barrett and Shaftoe can attest to our most excellent Toccoa Spring-like weather and good shooting.  I finally can say I joined the bolt gun ranks with a 211 and 217 to follow, and was handed the coveted patch by our new good friend and instructor Bama/Derek Underwood.

I'll see if I can cycle the bolt on that Mosin as effectively next shootin' weekend.  I cannot make Augusta, but intend to be in B'ham for April 17-18, or if we can muster a Toccoa shoot I will be there!

I still need hours of IIT time to feel competent, but I want to contribute as much as possible.  Just finding that balance of other chores and the need to be an active participant and comrade to all of you fine Patriot Gentlemen.
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

Flathead

Mine was in 2007 at the March Toccoa shoot, boy that seems like a long time ago!!! Did it first with the AR-15 Then shot it at Hinesville with the Garand the first one they had there. Shot the Garand Saturday then ar on Sunday. Way back when ammo was a lot cheaper!!

cannonman61

November 2007

Taccoa Georgia, Grin Reaper was Lineboss on one of the pistol bays, SoM was SB. Scored a 223 with a 10-22.

It seems like so long ago now.  

CM61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

sanderman79

That's cool Dave you shot Rifleman at my first AS. It really was a long time ago.

Col Barrett

I shot rifleman with my .22 in Nov 2009, under The Guy and SoM. Then I did it with my real gun (M1A),pretty sure it was a 223 score, two weeks ago in Tocoaa with Bama and Flathead.

moonchicken

Toccoa, December 2009, with an AR-15 carbine and the help of flathead, appalacious and a few others...213 was my score.

JJAGUNS

Shot a 222 at the Augusta 20-21 Appleseed, which was my 3rd one. Although at Gaston S.C. I mostly helped my 8 year old daughter enjoy her first one.

HardKorps

Earned my Rifleman patch @ my first Appleseed, yesterday (4/17/10) @ Ramseur, NC (210 & 230).  Shooting my stock Bushmaster AR-15 w/ 1907 sling.  Shoot Boss:  7.62BBQ;  Red Hats:  Lawman, The Kid, Hawkeye, Iron Pony, kd_deadeye;  Orange Hats:  FourIze, HEAVY-CAV.  Impressive crew!

Live in Sandy Springs, GA;  currently working in Robbins, NC, staying in Southern Pines.

Will be seeking an Orange Hat at my next AS!

Son of Martha

Good job.  Getting the patch on the first Appleseed is unusual.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

Appalacious

So when did you get your patch, SoM?
:cool2:
J

StoneDog

Quote from: ½Bear½Cat on March 16, 2010, 11:13:58 PM
Manchester, TN
May 24, 2009

Me too. My score was right over 220 I think. I left my target behind by accident so I don't have the exact score.  

I was using a full size 10/22 with tech sights, stock trigger and Big Mama on my case about trigger control.  :)  I want to shoot 220+ again then shoot 220+ twice with my HBAR then I'll sign up for instructor boot camp.

EDIT (June 14, 2010):  Big Papa was shoot boss in Manchester when I shot expert the first time.  He may still have my target.  I just shot expert again this weekend.  I was over in Columbiana, Al and Bama was shoot boss (Brandon1 was Shoot Boss In Training I believe).  This time I shot it with my AR.  More importantly I accepted an orange hat.  Now to make connections with the folks in my own state to see how I can help out.

Jon in Suwanee
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

ken grant

At the very first RBC in Ramseur. Shot a Federal Ordnance M14A with iron sights.
Was 69 yrs. old at the time.

Ken in Griffin

Son of Martha

Hey Ken!  Good to see you back online!

I don't really remember.  Was before the very first RBC in August 2006.  I was going to the monthly (then) RWVA shoots, did it sometime that year.  These were not Appleseeds, they were Saturday only, 8-5ish.  Usually fired at 25 yards for the first 1/2-2/3 of the day, then to the popups.  That way you had time to practice and improve at the things most people need the most practice on (position, NPOA, 6 steps, cadence) with the fun of popups as an incentive to pay attention so you can move on.  By the time of the 8-06 RBC I had done it a time or three (not that it wasn't a big deal, just that I knew I would do it sooner or later--I believed Fred when he talked about persistence.)  Shot about 2/3 as much as everyone else at the RBC as Fred and Believer had me calling the line and being general gofer.  Traded my M1A for a friends SKS for a day and a half so he could get trigger time with something else.  (BTW, my AQT scores dropped from 230s with M1A to 145 (!) with SKS.  I took that as a challenge and was able to work it up to 190s before Fred "suggested"  &) we trade back.  That's why I say that a stock SKS makes a perfect training rifle...)

That year (that wonderful year!) I went through 1500 rounds Hirtenberger and about 1000 rounds South African 7.62x51.  Hope I can do that again someday...

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

cannonman61

Although he's not a member of the forum, my youngest son David Jr. scored a 229 at the first Minerva Ohio shoot two years ago next weekend. George T was shootboss. It seems like yesterday.

Today, Memorial Day 2010, just 2 years later, he left for basic training in the US Army. He is the 2nd of 3 sons to have served. While proud of him, I miss him already and will pray for his safety every day.

CM61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

tshaw

Aug 14 at Waco, Ga. with a bolt .22. Don't know the score.

banzi

I was in Ramseur, NC. last fall, also fired my AR on the long range on the hill. Fred was out of town. 17-18 October I think
228 If I remember correctly
I live in Marietta

Appalacious

21!  thats almost a squad right?   ;)

franklinfarmer

It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

cswhitfield

Toccoa Sept. 11-12, '10. Scored 219 backed up with a 229.  Sanderman79 scored the targets.  Only shot on Sunday and just 3 AQTs.  I should have shot a couple more AQTs to try for that 237 I'm looking for but I could not resist the opportunity to try the steel gong at 300 yds.

Craig in Conley, GA

ps: still can't remember everyone's name but thanks to you all for the help and encouragement.  This was just my second Appleseed.
... what counts ... is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our bursts nor the smoke we make.  ... it is the hits that count.

franklinfarmer

Thanks for *your* help and being willing to field the orange hat tossed at you.  We do hope we can keep it on you---and we want to see that 237.  How's that for setting the bar high?

Doug Carlton

Sanderman scored me as well at Toccoa, 217.

Best September 11th of my life!

Is enforcing the latest bit of bureaucratic insolence really worth anyone's life?