News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NY Instructor get together

Started by B9, March 01, 2010, 08:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Lets do this before April 17-18 weekend. Mid-late March? I know we have the IBC coming up but this different. It is important as many of us as possible meet up.
Could be a one day thing....or ???

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

sgtrock

Please let me know if B-Flats can be of any help, I will check our schedule for a date,, we can have it there if you would like. I'll be in Manheim, PA on the 20th and 21st for that shoot.  sgtrock

kDan

I like this idea.  I think we should compare history notes over steaks and porter at Peter Lugers.

What say thee, o my brothers and sisters? 

Everybody else is doing it.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

Peter Lugers .... is he an IIT I have not met?
Where does he live? Central to everyone...or should I say the majority?  >:D
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

I will be in Bennington w/ Buzzworth on 3/13 planning for the 4/17 & 18 shoot; I will be working the Manheim shoot w/ sgtrock on the 20th and 21st; and the IBC is the following weekend.  That leaves this weekend, next Sunday 3/14, and the IBC (which may turn out to be the best option).  If we had to we might sneak it into 4/3, but Easter is the 4th.

Let me know where and when...
MJA

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

B9

"Let me know where and when..."

Right back at you buddy. You all sort it out and I will be there.
I work a weekend or two per month but with a weeks notice can rearrange that.
Medea Benjamin

Josey Wales

..I am in @ 90%...lets get a date and place, I am flexable..
..March 20-21 is out..
..the IBC in lake George, what does the turnout look like?  If no one is signed up could we highjack the place and turn it into a history IBC...just an idea, no disrespect if IIT's are signed up already..
..April 3rd the day before Easter, central like Albany?....just an idea..
..Maybe Burlington Flats, for a sleep over?..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

R1SGx2

I'm here listening with an open mind. Our club meeting is this Wednesday's night if ya would want me to seek ok for Saraspa (Saratoga Springs). J.W., it's been a long winter and the CoyDogs are hungry.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on March 01, 2010, 10:45:24 PMRight back at you buddy. You all sort it out and I will be there.
I work a weekend or two per month but with a weeks notice can rearrange that.
OK, that's fair.

Let's hear from the rest of the NY crew - what does your March calendar look like?

Stoner, Tanker or Xena - would you please check to see if the clubhouse at Burlington Flats is available on the 14th of March?  Thanx!

And kDan - what's the deal on this fellow Peter Luger?  Was this joking, wishful thinking, or a viable option?  I've not known you to joke before...

I can have folks meet at the food bank in Latham - we have a huge meeting room, full kitchen facilities, fast food nearby and a great Greek diner within walking distance; and we're about three minutes from Exit 4 off the Adirondack Northway.  Unfortunately, our Board of Directors has swallowed the 'disarmed victims are safer' nonsense hook, line & sinker, so plan accordingly...

Any other ideas out there?  C'mon - let's hear 'em.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sgtrock

I will know more on thursday night about B-Flats, I have rifle league that night, I'll ask,, sgtrock

Josey Wales

..I like Saratoga its central, I think?..coydogs??, lets see; target practice, furry jackets, and Korean delicacy...  
..Peter Luger's is a German steak castle..a bit expensive but an icon and worth it, its where real men go to chow down. There is one in Nassau LI, and one in Crookland, oh Im sorry I mean Brooklyn..If we throw around enough ideas one will stick to the wall......keep 'em coming......................JW......................

gunville

I like the B-Flats - it's sort of a mixed misery distance, but it's outstanding for hospitality and gives us an opportunity to put some lead downrange...

The weekend of the 13th is not good for me.

You guys going to Manheim make sure to build in time to hit Cabellas
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: gunville on March 02, 2010, 12:54:55 AMThe weekend of the 13th is not good for me.
What is good for you?

VietVet

The IBC for March 27 & 28th as of now only has 5 registered. Is there a way to combine the two? How about Dinner after the Sat IBC class? I'll be going to this IBC and this would eliminate two trips upstate (for me).
With this said I'm not sure if I fit into the "Instructor" category.
Is this for Red Hats only or IIT's also? 
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

B9

Quote from: VietVet on March 02, 2010, 09:49:30 AM
The IBC for March 27 & 28th as of now only has 5 registered. Is there a way to combine the two? How about Dinner after the Sat IBC class? I'll be going to this IBC and this would eliminate two trips upstate (for me).
With this said I'm not sure if I fit into the "Instructor" category.
Is this for Red Hats only or IIT's also? 

IITs are Instructors, so your good there. ;)

Not a bad idea as Nickle and Firewall will also be there but...... I do not want this to interfer with the IBC.
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on March 02, 2010, 09:59:12 AMNot a bad idea as Nickle and Firewall will also be there but...... I do not want this to interfer with the IBC.
Then I guess my next question is, what's the COF for this meet?

VietVet

[quote
Not a bad idea as Nickle and Firewall will also be there but...... I do not want this to interfer with the IBC.
[/quote]

Totally understand and respect your concern.....However, after the Sat IBC everyone will want to eat. If properly planned I don't think it would interfere with the IBC.
This is just my opinion though.
Thoughts?
                                    OUR

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: VietVet on March 02, 2010, 10:18:00 AM...after the Sat IBC everyone will want to eat. If properly planned I don't think it would interfere with the IBC.
This is just my opinion though.
Thoughts?

This may serve to get more folks into town for the IBC... or not.

I'm behind you 100% re: saving three and four hour trips up and down the Thruway.

FWIW, I spoke with Buzzworth last night and he's about 90% sure he'll attend the IBC in LG as well.

Yes, planning is crucial - that being said, we'd love to hear from some more of the 23 NY instructors.  Everyone is welcome here!

Josey Wales

..Do you really think we can cover the information properly over dinner? or do we need more like a morning into a afternoon type setting with tables to take notes and quiet to discuss all the details of the history? There is a lot of information to cover. If the purpose of this is to get the history down to a science, I just think through my own experience it always takes longer than you think to do something. Especially when there is pleanty of people and ideas flowing around..A full day is what I think it would take, so please think about how long it would take to go through the first, the second, and the third strikes, dangerous old men and also discuss the points Fred wants covered and to outline the information and walk away satisfied that we now have a proper outline of the events of April 19th 1775.....I think 6-8 hours is a real time frame.....I could be over analizing this and the higher- ups may have a more consilidated plan of action, and thats fine. I am just throwing this stuff out there..........JW..........

VietVet

Quote from: Josey Wales on March 02, 2010, 12:44:21 PM
..Do you really think we can cover the information properly over dinner? or do we need more like a morning into a afternoon type setting with tables to take notes and quiet to discuss all the details of the history? There is a lot of information to cover. If the purpose of this is to get the history down to a science, I just think through my own experience it always takes longer than you think to do something. Especially when there is pleanty of people and ideas flowing around..A full day is what I think it would take, so please think about how long it would take to go through the first, the second, and the third strikes, dangerous old men and also discuss the points Fred wants covered and to outline the information and walk away satisfied that we now have a proper outline of the events of April 19th 1775.....I think 6-8 hours is a real time frame.....I could be over analizing this and the higher- ups may have a more consilidated plan of action, and thats fine. I am just throwing this stuff out there..........JW..........

OK....Makes sense. How about adding a day to the IBC. Either the Friday before or the Monday after. This way some of us will already be up there. Just trying not to make the 2 trips.
I know this may mean taking a day off from work for most (me included) but still better than 2 trips.
Again thoughts?
                                    OUR

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: VietVet on March 02, 2010, 01:14:44 PMOK....Makes sense. How about adding a day to the IBC. Either the Friday before or the Monday after. This way some of us will already be up there. Just trying not to make the 2 trips.
I know this may mean taking a day off from work for most (me included) but still better than 2 trips.
Again thoughts?
I can do an extra day, on either side of the weekend.  And that opens up more possibilities...

M1Tanker

As of now the 6-7 are out as is the 27-28 for myself and Xena.  The other weekends are free as of now.  Once a date and location are decided there is a very high probabilty of us being there.

M1Tanker

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: M1Tanker on March 02, 2010, 07:26:29 PMAs of now the 6-7 are out as is the 27-28 for myself and Xena.  The other weekends are free as of now.  Once a date and location are decided there is a very high probabilty of us being there.

M1Tanker
Are you booked just for the weekend of the 27th & 28th?  If we were to get together on either that Friday or Monday (3/26 or 29) would that work for you?

kDan

Quote from: B9 on March 01, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
Peter Lugers .... is he an IIT I have not met?
Where does he live? Central to everyone...or should I say the majority?  >:D

central to the majority of NYers.   :sos:
Quote from: Another D.O.M. on March 01, 2010, 11:06:06 PM

And kDan - what's the deal on this fellow Peter Luger?  Was this joking, wishful thinking, or a viable option?  I've not known you to joke before...

no joke. We can catch a show afterward.  how 'bout "spam-a-lot".  one of us buys a ticket and the rest of us can just hang out by the backdoor and sneak in through the basement like the old days at cbgb - right jw - ready for a mission?

FYI - leave your rifles, pistols, ammo, bows and arrows, swiss army knives, nail-clippers, sharpened pencils and constitutional literature at home.

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on March 02, 2010, 10:16:36 AM
    Then I guess my next question is, what's the COF for this meet?

History standards.  I think we could run through what's needed in a couple of hours.  Discussions about different techniques can take place later, on the forum or wherever, but we should go over what is essential for events first.  I'm not against making a day of it, but an evening or morning would suffice.

Let me know where and when and I'll cancel everything, lock up my kids, fore-warn AAA, quit my job and be there.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

crak

I have good news and bad news...  You can decide which is which...

I'm going to the NY IBC too.

I think combining the get-together with the IBC is a great idea.  If you want to talk NY-only stuff for longer than would take over Saturday dinner, you have several non-NY people around to run the IBC while you go off and do your thing.

Two of your five IBC participants are probably switching to a MA IBC that we're having the first weekend of April.

If you want to really set people's hearts on fire with The Story, I recommend you guys also come to the MA IBC for at least Sunday 4/4.  We will be going up and down Battle Road again with a better plan this time.  If you're a red hat or have already gone to an IBC it's free.  Sunday will be 100% telling The Story.  All riflery will be done on Saturday.

Check your drama at the door.

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: crak on March 03, 2010, 01:38:43 PMI have good news and bad news...  You can decide which is which...

I'm going to the NY IBC too.

I think combining the get-together with the IBC is a great idea.  If you want to talk NY-only stuff for longer than would take over Saturday dinner, you have several non-NY people around to run the IBC while you go off and do your thing.

Two of your five IBC participants are probably switching to a MA IBC that we're having the first weekend of April.
     Hmmmm...  And two of the remaining three participants are, I believe, myself and nyrasgt, who attended the IBC in Burlington Flats in December.

If you want to really set people's hearts on fire with The Story, I recommend you guys also come to the MA IBC for at least Sunday 4/4.  We will be going up and down Battle Road again with a better plan this time.  If you're a red hat or have already gone to an IBC it's free.  Sunday will be 100% telling The Story.  All riflery will be done on Saturday.

VietVet

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on March 03, 2010, 03:10:07 PM
Quote from: crak on March 03, 2010, 01:38:43 PM

Hmmmm...  And two of the remaining three participants are, I believe, myself and nyrasgt, who attended the IBC in Burlington Flats in December.

.....and I guess me!
                                    OUR

Josey Wales

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Josey Wales on March 03, 2010, 04:33:52 PM..im lost??
Are you home?  That's Queens, NY - one of the five boroughs of NYC.  I can send a map if you like...

Seriously - what's up?  How can I help?

crak

LOL, I seem to have infuriated poor nyrasgt, who wrote me an angry PM accusing me of poaching. 

All I did was ask all the MA (and Maine) IITs if they'd be available for a 4/3-4 IBC and of several responses, two said they'd switch from a 4+ hour drive to NY to an IBC in their backyards.   @)

The real problem is what about getting more new NY IITs to the NY IBC?

I'm considering changing the MA IBC to an unofficial one day (maybe the third day of the NY IBC... Hmmm) just doing history up and down Battle Road on Saturday 4/3 to rectify this alleged so-called poaching.  But then I lose several people who weren't planning to go to the NY IBC anyway.   :wb:

Would any NY guys come down to Lexington and Concord just for one day?
Check your drama at the door.