News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NY Instructor get together

Started by B9, March 01, 2010, 08:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunville

-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

B9

Quote from: crak on March 03, 2010, 05:01:03 PM
LOL, I seem to have infuriated poor nyrasgt, who wrote me an angry PM accusing me of poaching.  

I am sure infuriated is an exaggeration.

I saw that coming a mile away. The IBC in Lake George is the first AS "event" at that range and nyrasgt worked hard to get it.
We sometimes get too into the state thing.
Any NY IIT that can attend a walk down the trail with Crak should do so. I will even give you double pay to do it.  :)

Not sure how happy I am that NY IITs are so willing to get into it with SIs but............that can be discused at the next get together.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

VietVet

The first words of this entire thread were....... Lets do this.....

So, Lets do this! Make the call.

Date, Place, Time..... Will end this game of ping pong!

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: crak on March 03, 2010, 05:01:03 PMWould any NY guys come down to Lexington and Concord just for one day?
I'm thinking about it.  That'd be three Appleseed weekends in a row for me - don't know if my system can handle that.  I think doing the Battle Road thing would be a worthwhile experience, though...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

crak

Quote from: B9 on March 03, 2010, 05:16:09 PM
Quote from: crak on March 03, 2010, 05:01:03 PM
LOL, I seem to have infuriated poor nyrasgt, who wrote me an angry PM accusing me of poaching.  
I am sure infuriated is an exaggeration.

No worries B9, I wouldn't have LOLed at him if it was actually getting ugly.   ;D

I am changing our IBC to an unofficial 1-day event up and down Battle Road focusing on telling The Story.  That's more fun than the rifle stuff anyway.  Will figure out exactly which day it's going to be soon.

Your NY IBC still seems a good place to do a NY get-together, especially since it'd be so nice to see all of you again.   ;D
Check your drama at the door.

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on March 03, 2010, 05:16:09 PMAny NY IIT that can attend a walk down the trail with Crak should do so. I will even give you double pay to do it.  :)
Darn this 'public math' - what's double what I'm making here?
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: VietVet on March 03, 2010, 05:22:31 PM
The first words of this entire thread were....... Lets do this.....

So, Lets do this! Make the call.

Date, Place, Time..... Will end this game of ping pong!
Yes, agreed.  We (OK, actually I) have gotten off mission.

The general consensus is to do the history meeting during the same weekend as the Lake George IBC.  Several SIs have indicated they think this meet shouldn't take much more than two to four hours tops.  Many of the IBC attendees will be coming in from out of town, and thus may be arriving Friday afternoon or evening.  This gives us an opportunity to have our NY Instructor Meeting Friday evening, either over dinner or thereafter.  The basic talking points of the Preliminary Events, the Three Strikes and the Aftermath can be found on Firewall99's Downlaod Page (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7406.msg68463#msg68463), about one third of the way down the page.  This provides us with an outline to work with, assuming these notes are acceptable.

How am I doing so far?  I know we will not be able to accommodate everyone's schedule - we're just trying to cover as much ground as possible with the time and resources currently available; and it is preferable to do so without racking up a prohibitive amount of mileage for those who must travel.

So, can we agree upon Friday evening, 3/26?  If so, I'll begin working on the venue...

B9

Friday evening 3-26-10. I will be there.

See that was easy.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

VietVet

Quote from: B9 on March 03, 2010, 06:28:01 PM
Friday evening 3-26-10. I will be there.

See that was easy.

Great....see you there.

Why can't I open up the link to Firewall99 download page?
It says missing or off limits to me.
                                    OUR

sgtrock

What time in the evening on Friday the 26th,  sgtrock

VietVet

Quote from: sgtrock on March 03, 2010, 07:24:32 PM
What time in the evening on Friday the 26th,  sgtrock

And where?
                                    OUR

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: VietVet on March 03, 2010, 06:35:13 PMWhy can't I open up the link to Firewall99 download page?
It says missing or off limits to me.
Sorry folks!  I didn't realize that link led to a high security area.  Try this one: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7248.0.  All IITs should have access to this page.

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Josey Wales

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on March 03, 2010, 06:00:13 PM
Quote from: B9 on March 03, 2010, 05:16:09 PMAny NY IIT that can attend a walk down the trail with Crak should do so. I will even give you double pay to do it.  :)
Darn this 'public math' - what's double what I'm making here?
........You get 4 hot dogs to go with your beans, instead of the 2 we all get...you Lucky son of a gun.....

R1SGx2

J.W., they didn't say hot dogs, they said CoyDogs...
Put my name in the hat, will be there
Only need the time and place.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: R1sgx2 on March 03, 2010, 11:18:05 PMOnly need the time and place.
Working on it.  We're leaning toward ordering in off an Italian take out menu, meeting at the Dunham's Bay clubhouse (but nyrasgt is checking to be certain we can get in on Friday evening).  Until I hear otherwise, that's the plan.

6PM?  Can we make it by then, or back it up to 7 or 8?  I'm asking you out of town folks - let me know...

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: R1sgx2 on March 03, 2010, 11:18:05 PMJ.W., they didn't say hot dogs, they said CoyDogs...
Now wait just a stinkin' minute...

I fed the coy dogs with hot dogs after the Sept shoot @ SaraSpa.  Now you're telling me I have to eat the coy dogs that I fed with hot dogs?  And I get to eat twice as many of them as my bonus for walking 'The Battle Road' with a dude who calls himself crak in the northeast in April?

Something is seriously amiss here!

VietVet

OUR

Josey Wales

sgtrock

Another D.O.M.

OK folks - we're all set to meet at 6 PM at the Dunham's Bay F&G Club on Lake George (directions are here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11531.0).  This is the same location as the IBC for the weekend.

nyrasgt and myself have been kicking around ideas for what to eat.  I'm thinking order from a local Italian place for delivery, and Mark will collect a couple of take-out menus from some local establishments.  We could also do a sandwich platter form Hannaford Price Chopper, our local super markets.  Your input on this is requested and appreciated!

Are we agreed that Firewall's Heritage Notes will suffice for the refresher?  If so I can print out copies for everyone if needed.

If anyone has any questions, special requests, etc. be sure to let me know so they can be addressed.

Including myself we have six confirmed for this meeting.  Anyone else who plans to attend please sound off here.

Andy in NH

I'm signed up for the IBC and would like to attend the history portion on Friday evening.

Any chance for Dirty John's hot dogs on the menu?
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

sgtrock

what's the deal with bunking for the night?
can we stay at the club house?
sgtrock

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Andy in NH on March 04, 2010, 09:59:10 PMAny chance for Dirty John's hot dogs on the menu?
Although I'm not personally familiar w/ Dirty John's Hot Dogs, a quick Google of the subject suggests that I should be.

It sounds like you're referencing New Way Lunch on South St in Glens Falls - they seem to be the local purveyor of Dirty John's.  I will make a call and find out what their hours are, etc.  I see no reason why not - I'm always up for something new, especially if it's tasty!

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: sgtrock on March 04, 2010, 10:02:20 PMwhat's the deal with bunking for the night?
can we stay at the club house?
sgtrock
No, unfortunately this is the club that will not allow us to camp there, at least not for this event (the IBC).

FWIW, I live about 45 to 60 minutes south of Glens Falls, between Albany and Schenectady and convenient to I87, I90, I88, NYS 5  and NYS 20.  We have a (nearly) finished area in the basement (roughly 20' x 10') where we can accommodate maybe six 'campers' - tile floor, clean & dry, heated, cook stove fridge & coffee maker, and a 2/3 'private' bath.  Folks are more than welcome to stay here - just understand that if you're allergic to animals (cats, dogs, parrots, etc.) this may not be your best option.

Andy in NH

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on March 04, 2010, 11:31:54 PMNew Way Lunch on South St in Glens Falls

There is (was?) a New Way Lunch at 731 Glen St. in Queensbury.

But I'm forgetting my manners  :-[ - I'll drop by on my way in and pick some up.

Dirt Dogs! Yummy!  ^:)^
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

nyrasgt

Troops:
   1)  Dirt Dogs are local delicacy from Dirty John's...hot dog w. onions and special sauce that closely resembles...well, dirt...though does not taste like it.  Are locally famous...and are, basically, hot dogs.  As ADOM says, there are lots of restaurants and take-out places...perhaps even (for some legendary instructors...a Golden Corral - will start researching locations...
  2)  DB F&G not willing to let us sleep there - this time - they need to be convinced that we'll be responsible with their club...
(as if...).  Suspect if we impress them in March, the policy will be changed for AS in May...
  Heading for US Mil Acad after school - let me know if anything else I can do/help folks with as LBOTG...
Excelsior,
nyrasgt (mad)
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Andy in NH on March 05, 2010, 12:03:06 AMThere is (was?) a New Way Lunch at 731 Glen St. in Queensbury.
Yup - apparently they've moved down the street.  Same place, family owned and in operation since 1919...

QuoteBut I'm forgetting my manners  :-[ - I'll drop by on my way in and pick some up.

Dirt Dogs! Yummy!  ^:)^
Not at all.  In fact, there still has been no decision made about lunch on either Satruday or Sunday for the IBC.  From what I've seen of their menu and ratings, New Way is a prime candidate.

Of course if you're really jonesin' for the Dirty Dogs, you may need to arrive early on Friday and get one, then continue eating them throughout the weekend...

kDan

Okay.  I'll be there.  JW - I'll take care of the fuel if I can control the radio.   ..:..

Crak, what is it with you Boston troublemakers?  Do you think we're all yankee fans and you gotta do what you can to mess us up, or are we still fighting over that NY/NE border line?  jk - Look forward to seeing you bro.  BTW, have you done your SI KD qualy?  Maybe we can work something out together with Nickle.  Or if you've done it, you can sign me off if we can find a range.  Love to make the Battle Road deally.  We'll see.  My son is about old enough to run around but too young to listen, so maybe I'll bring him along.  Definitely a must for my sullen teen-age daughter.

Are these dirty dogs anything like Teo's Hot Dogs in Pittsfield, Mass?  They look like dirt too, but taste like onions and heartburn.  Delicious.  I can eat like 9 of them.  Peter Lugers got nothing on Teo's hot dogs.  Crak, maybe you can stop off in the Berkshires and grab some for a taste test?    :) ??? :P :-[ $$-0
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Josey Wales

..I am sure we can work out a carpool arrangement,$$$$ but total control of the radio is asking a lot... What happens if your a closet salsa or merengue junkie and its bata bata baaa toa to to to doe, the whole 10 hours....I could lose my mind or something, my mental health is one of my prized possessions and I must protect it at all costs.......HAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!
...........................We will have a blast; lets do this brother KDan........................JW...........................