News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NY Instructor get together

Started by B9, March 01, 2010, 08:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunville

What's the problem...  Beck & Rush on the way out, Dr. Savage on the way back.  If you're lucky you can avoid Hannity... That would be RIGHT way to do it.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

crak

Radio?

I'd thought you'd be quizzing each other on Inches Minutes and Clicks the whole ride up and back.   $$-0
Check your drama at the door.

nyrasgt

"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

crak

I don't watch basketball.   :))

I think that's Sgt Stoner's joke...

Besides I'm from Jersey. :))

sgtrock

sgtrock

Quote from: crak on March 10, 2010, 04:45:58 PM
I don't watch basketball.   :))

QuoteI think that's Sgt Stoner's joke...

Yea I'm slow, I was wondering what that little line was there,, cool, good memory by the way

Besides I'm from Jersey. :))

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: crak on March 10, 2010, 04:45:58 PMI think that's Sgt Stoner's joke...
Hey, I didn't know you could do that!  In fact, I didn't know that I could do that...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

gunville

In Syracuse I think there are more Sox fans than Yankee fans.

Thank God.

I think the IMC drills would get tiring before they cross the Hudson.... I can hear it now:

"You shoot a brown bess musket 11" high at 980 yards, how many clicks?"
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: gunville on March 12, 2010, 05:30:53 PM"You shoot a brown bess musket 11" high at 980 yards, how many clicks?"
Is that the Boston Revere sights or the Philly Franklins?
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

gunville

Well, it's a trick question:

First, a Brown Bess doesn't have sights,

Second, 11" at 980 yards is a little over 1 MOA high... I'm calling that good enough.

Third, if you load enough powder into a Bess to shoot 980 yards, you probably don't have to worry about IMC any more.

gunville

A.D.O.M. - I know you asked someplace in hear what material to use...

If you look in "Instructor Corps" section Fred has issued guideposts for the second and third strike.  I expect he'll churn out the first strike soon.

This might be the overview for this meeting. 

I guess we might be a bit long winded on our history compared to some - someone noted each strike should be 20 minutes. 

I generally do the second strike in an hour, and I had to work hard to cut it down to that. ::) 

R1SGx2

I've been making hard copies of all to hand out, will make copies of the guideposts  for the meeting and LG IBC.
If any one has material for them, pls PM. Have made copies of new manuel and other reference material for hand outs.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

I've called New Way Lunch to ask about their hours, etc.  They're usually open 'till 11 PM or later (much later on weekends), they do have a take out menu, and they do not deliver.  We'll have to see about picking up a menu on the way past Friday...

kDan

Me and Josey are looking for a place to crash.  Wife says another hotel before I turn in all this paper work and I might as well stay there and not come home.

Just Friday night. 

718 490 7665

-d-
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

Quote from: kDan on March 25, 2010, 11:10:35 AM
Me and Josey are looking for a place to crash.  Wife says another hotel before I turn in all this paper work and I might as well stay there and not come home.

Just Friday night. 

718 490 7665

-d-

Make that 3 of us looking. I was going to drive back Friday night but it a long trip for someone that can't see well at night.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on March 25, 2010, 11:17:29 AM
Quote from: kDan on March 25, 2010, 11:10:35 AMMe and Josey are looking for a place to crash.  Wife says another hotel before I turn in all this paper work and I might as well stay there and not come home.

Just Friday night. 

718 490 7665

-d-

Make that 3 of us looking. I was going to drive back Friday night but it a long trip for someone that can't see well at night.
You folks are more than welcome to bunk at our house...

B9

Heading out. One business stop along the way and should be on site around 5:30.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

crak