News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 Missouri Check In - Let us Know You're Here!

Started by Greg in MO, January 28, 2010, 08:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Ozark Hiker

Hello to MO Appleseeders!

Ozark Hiker here from Independence, MO
Planning on attending the Apr 3-4th Bates City shoot, first Appleseed, so am excited to participate. Look forward to meeting a few of you there.

Larry - Ozark Hiker

HectorFuego

Ozark Hiker,

I grew up in Independence.  1st graduating class at Truman HS.  Living in Lee's Summit now. 

Is April 3 & 4 your first Appleseed?  If so, you are going to have a blast.  Take plenty of ammo and some elbow pads. 

It will be my 3rd Appleseed shoot.  Got a patch at the first one, but that was with a .22.  Gotta do it with the 03A3 Springfield, before I put on an orange hat.

See you there.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

ErikAnderson

Quote from: HectorFuego on March 09, 2010, 10:38:27 AM
Ozark Hiker,

I grew up in Independence.  1st graduating class at Truman HS.  Living in Lee's Summit now. 

Is April 3 & 4 your first Appleseed?  If so, you are going to have a blast.  Take plenty of ammo and some elbow pads. 

It will be my 3rd Appleseed shoot.  Got a patch at the first one, but that was with a .22.  Gotta do it with the 03A3 Springfield, before I put on an orange hat.

See you there.

Hector

Hector,

Good to see some more KCMO southsiders on the forum.  Seems the rest of the instructor corp from the area is North of the river!  Whereabouts are you in LS? I'm in Raintree off 150/291.

HectorFuego

QuoteHector,

Good to see some more KCMO southsiders on the forum.  Seems the rest of the instructor corp from the area is North of the river!  Whereabouts are you in LS? I'm in Raintree off 150/291.

Near 3rd and 50 Hwy.  I know where 150 and 291 are.  I go through that intersection at least once a week on my way to my dad's house, in Greenwood.

BTW, did you change your avatar?  Seems like it used to be a Swiss K-31.  I have 3 of them, one of which may be the most accurate rifle I own.

Howard--a.k.a. HectorFuego
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

thursday

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm seeing a lot of NATO ammo for sale with "mildly corroded cases" will this affect feeding and function in an m1a?
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

april1775

watch out all...little sister of ben1775 has arrived  8) aspiring rifleman and IIT! Can't wait to get my orange hat, and hopefully I'll get it this weekend at Osage!!! I will be attending the muster tonight and am very much looking forward to a great Appleseed season. My face will not be an unfamiliar one this year, Missouri.  O0  Just be prepared for another Helmich in the instructor corps!  :sos:  bahaha
The floggings will continue until the behavior improves!  :)

ErikAnderson

Quote from: april1775 on March 16, 2010, 05:40:19 PM
be prepared for another Helmich in the instructor corps!  :sos:  bahaha
&)

:sos:

Just what we needed......

**)

Garand69

Quote from: april1775 on March 16, 2010, 05:40:19 PM
watch out all... Just be prepared for another Helmich in the instructor corps!  :sos:  bahaha

Oh my .............

This could be nothing but trouble..... Just when I was ready to move to MO, I find out there is more of them!  ;)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Greg in MO

Bout time you got here April...  We needed someone to help keep Ben in line.

See you this weekend!

Greg

Rebel Yell

Well looky there! April! It's about time!  :)

Another Helmich in the Appleseed... and coincidentally I look up at the counter and it says this page has been viewed 666 times. Eery.  >:D

april1775

Its good to finally be here boys :) I'll be keeping ol Benny in line as much as I can! looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

and Scott that is incredibly eery...but not surprising in the least  >:D 
The floggings will continue until the behavior improves!  :)