News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 Missouri Check In - Let us Know You're Here!

Started by Greg in MO, January 28, 2010, 08:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

When you get access to the MO Board, please let us know.  Greybeard will give us marching orders soon.  We had a great year in 2009, and this year we are really going to have to work to keep improving!

Let's go Missouri!  We can't have those guys next door in IL making us look bad.

Also, if you can make it, plan on being online for the Appleseed Muster on Tuesday, Feb 2nd, 7pm.  We will be discussing our 2010 plans and what we need to do this year.

See you then!

Greg

Jungle George

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Missouri Brigade

I've been able to see the state boards.  I'll probably do Williamstown, MO or Alton, IL on April 17-18.

ErikAnderson

Present and voting.  I'll be on a plane on Tuesday night, so I won't be able to join in on the muster.

Greg in MO

Quote from: MisterAnderson on January 29, 2010, 01:29:14 AM
Present and voting.  I'll be on a plane on Tuesday night, so I won't be able to join in on the muster.

That's ok Erik,  we'd rather have MamaBear here anyway...   ;D

Greg

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Greg in MO on January 29, 2010, 11:12:07 AM
That's ok Erik,  we'd rather have MamaBear here anyway...   ;D

Greg

Funny, I get that alot........

itshix

Live, in Kansas here... Is there a Kansas board? Not a big deal, I'm in the KC area >:D

Greg in MO

Quote from: itshix on January 29, 2010, 01:12:06 PM
Live, in Kansas here... Is there a Kansas board? Not a big deal, I'm in the KC area >:D

Doh...  Didn't realize you were on the KS side of KC, which is why I added you.  Yes, there should be a KS board as well, but I haven't gotten to that yet.  That's ok, you are more than welcome here.

Greg

MamaBear

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

HectorFuego

If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

thursday

A enthusiastic not-yet-rifleman reporting.  Is it spring yet?
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Cookie Lady

Cookie Lady checking in. Time to get things going for 2010!

loves2hunt59

Not here exactly.  Just across the Des Moines River though in Keokuk. Grew up 10 miles from Williamstown & intend to download/ distribute flyers for April AS.  Had a great time there last year.

Gramma Goats

Checking in as requsted.
Will try and make the Muster.

Paulette
AKA Gramma Goats
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

InSoMNiaX23

New to the board but I'll be watching. I will try to be online on Tuesday night but I can't make any promises. Hoping to make the pilgrimage from STL to Osage beach in April or May. It will be my first Appleseed but I would love to contribute.

Greg in MO

Quote from: InSoMNiaX23 on February 01, 2010, 01:16:46 AM
New to the board but I'll be watching. I will try to be online on Tuesday night but I can't make any promises. Hoping to make the pilgrimage from STL to Osage beach in April or May. It will be my first Appleseed but I would love to contribute.

Welcome to the board and to Appleseed!  Being in STL, the biggest contribution you could currently make to Appleseed and Missouri is to find us a range in the STL area that we can host an Appleseed.  An actual range or private land doesn't matter, we just need 25m and a good backstop, and we will bring Appleseed to YOU!

STL is the largest population center in the state and it is a shame that we don't have a place to shoot in that area.  By all means come to Osage as it is a fantastic place to shoot, and we will have lots of shoots there this year, but we desperately need someplace to shoot in STL.  Most of us are on the KC side of the state, which has made it really difficult to find a place, so as a local you have a huge advantage.

Greg

Dug'in

InSoMNiaX23

I will see what I can do. I do almost all of my shooting on state land or at the state run shooting ranges. I got yelled at a couple months ago for even attempting to hang an AQT target. I haven't been to either one of them, but you might want to try Benchrest out in Wright City or Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club. Both are within 45 minutes or so of the city.  http://www.shootingstl.com/home.htm and http://www.arpc-idpa.com/index.htm.

Rebel Yell

I'm in. I should be on tomorrow night for the muster too.

Kevyn

Here's to arriving late for the party.  ..:..

Haven't been shooting much lately. Have to renew membership at the Arnold Rifle & Pistol Club range.

As mentioned, it is a very nice range, developed and maintained by members and well known in the area.

It's also a very busy range; they host frequent Cowboy shoots in addition to other competitions---constantly. Parking will be a problem, just not enough room to get all that would conceivably attend an AS on range owned land--in addition to their club/dues paying member shooters and any competition shooters for a scheduled event. Yes, the range is that expansive!

Since it's adjacent to a busy state/county road I'm 'guessing' that parking along that road would present a real hazard. The city and county would not like that at all.

No hard facts, just a WAG.

If, we could find suitable parking, their BOD would likely consider a motion for an AS...again, a WAG. I think, there's room enough to host an AS along with another event...depends on event needs for range.

For my personal shooting preference, the Osage Beach range is perfect. A bit far from STL and requires a weekend commitment but it's such a beautiful setting and our hosts there are extremely gracious. Another upside to the Osage location is BBQ comin' and goin'!

Thor's Hammer

Found my way here!

Kevyn....I can smoke up some pretty mean ribs and my 6 hour brisquet is to die for, so BBQ comin', goin' and while Appleseeding O0

Could a tummy ever be happier?
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

deanomosquito

Howdy, it's Dean - aka deanomosquito --finally catching up after: Spending the MOST patriotic dollars in my life by attending the fine Appleseed at Pioneer back in November-2009 -- I was the Yugo SKS shooter and, yes Greg and incredible crew- I've now got my CMP H&R-A M1 Garand-- with a lot of 'character' in the wood--and parkerizing that's been cleaned and cleaned and cleaned off!! Got each of my sons one of the Springfield Specials-- GOOD LOOKIN' M1s!! brand new wood! with CMP proof marks and really good looking Springfield 5.6-million range s/n's set in the new wood!
Sorry I missed all the shooting and rain that Sunday-- my brother and I are pencilling in the April Appleseed - if we can pull it together- there will be seven of us with m1s on the line!
I also transferred to St. Louis area with my job- so I need to change my address information with y'all!!
Thanks again for a great-great event last November!
deanomosquito
M1, or FN-49???? which should I bring...

SpeakPlainly

Wanted to let everyone know I'm still around and in StL, just been busy with work, grad school, and a 8 month old.

Greg in MO

Dean/SpeakPlain,

SInce you are both in STL now, your mission is to find us a place to shoot near the STL metro.  Currently, the closest shoot to you is probably Williamstown.  I will be there for the April shoot, and we will have a great time!  But in order to tap into that huge population center, we need a closer location.

I will also be at the April Pioneer Shoot (Bates City).  Bring whatever you like.  I love to have real rifles on the line, but they can get pricey to shoot the whole weekend.

Greg

grandpa-id

I'm new to this forum and to Appleseed and already looking forward to attending my first event. 

Greg in MO

Welcome aboard Grandpa!  Hope we see you on the line soon!

Greg

samjt15

I'm here wishing I could make the Osage Beach and reunite with everyone but i'm living  back in Minnesota and am Broke so no trip for me sorry :( but will keep updating and one day will make it back down.

Greg in MO

No worries samj...  MN has a good Appleseed program running up there, with some good folks keeping it going.  Hook up with them and you will be fine.

Greg