News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elk River, April 17-18th

Started by Whisker, January 24, 2010, 08:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

So I have stretched MN's instructor capacity to 3 shoots in MN on 4/17-18

Wisconsonians, North Dakotans, anyone, welcome. 

Who can help instruct on apr 17-18 in Elk River?  
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

DeanC

Hi all!

One of the orange hat instructors is a member at Elk River. Who is it? I need to get in contact with him. Whisker told me but I keep forgetting his name.

I am the "sponsor" of the event for the club and according to club rules I'll be stuck supervising and can't shoot. It's not the end of the world and I'm happy to make the sacrifice for the cause, but if there's another way...

I think he also camped out last year and I would love to get out of having to play camping host if possible. Camping for one is easy, but I've got 3 boys coming with me too.

chudrockz

My friend Gene and I are attending at Elk River one week from today, I can't wait!

DeanC

Found my orange hat, thanks Whisker.

Heads up - the wood-ticks are already out on the 22 range at Elk River. Got a couple just changing targets this afternoon, not to mention lying prone in the grass.

chudrockz

If my wife were going along (alas, I could not convince her) I'd leave out the part abuot the wood ticks until we were almost there. She detests those things, even more than I do! :)

colycat

Now that all shoots in the nation are covered, I am able to commit to Elk River for this historic weekend.  See you all there.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

DeanC

Quote from: colycat on April 15, 2010, 09:02:31 AM
Now that all shoots in the nation are covered, I am able to commit to Elk River for this historic weekend.  See you all there.
Great! Look forward to seeing you again.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: colycat on April 15, 2010, 09:02:31 AM

Great!  Thank you!
I'm sure Whisker will be elated to recieve this news!

God's speed to you!

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Deacon

Great photos!!!

Any pictures of Colycat???

DeanC

Quote from: Deacon on April 19, 2010, 07:14:28 PM
Great photos!!!

Any pictures of Colycat???
He's got some really, really good ones. Click any picture above and it will take to the whole portfolio.

I am really impressed and not at all disappointed that I left my camera at home.

DeanC

Probably the best one:

Others:

dean

I envy you. I want to shoot in Elk River some day. I grew up in that town. I am now in Indiana.

DeanC

Well send me a PM if you ever get back up here and maybe it can be arranged.

AFTERMATH

There's another; July 31-Aug 1. ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

colycat

Hey shooting speed pro,  can you post some of those great pics here,  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13151.0

Thanks for the effort of taking the pictures.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

Coly, you got a new hat!

Awesome photos!

colycat

Dean,  It looks like you know how to get some photos off the bucket,  would you put some on the AAR?  The link is above.  Thanks.

DeanC

Quote from: colycat on April 21, 2010, 09:55:13 AM
Dean,  It looks like you know how to get some photos off the bucket,  would you put some on the AAR?  The link is above.  Thanks.
I'm on it.

jennythechemist

Hi everyone, this message is for everyone who attended the Elk River Appleseed!  I have been missing my Swiss Army Knife ever since that weekend and I am wondering if somebody picked it up from the ground.

My email is cj2407 at gmail dot com , I will be very grateful to get it back!  Many thanks!

Jenny

Whisker

I checked my car... didn't find it.  Glad you're on the forums now. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

DeanC

I'm checking with the range attendants. Keep your fingers crossed.

chudrockz

I didn't ever come across it. Hope you find it.

On a side note, Elk River was my first Appleseed. Rest assured, it won't be my last! What a terrific time! (Even though my right elbow is still one big giant scab!)