News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Recent posts

After Action Reports / Re: Martin, GA AAR - May 4-5,...
Last post by HardHolder - Today at 06:10:39 PM
Great job to everyone!

upacreek I see that sling.

I wore one last year.

Get well soon.
New York / Re: NY State patch proposal
Last post by eaglescouter - Yesterday at 08:29:26 PM
How about something incorporating the shape of Fort Stanwix?
Last post by T. WOLF - Yesterday at 07:01:55 PM
Quote from: Cannibal on May 16, 2024, 01:29:35 PMAny reason why the patch doesn't tie into NY's Revolutionary War history?

It certainly can!  I was drawn to the torch because it's probably the most iconic symbol of both Liberty and New York state.  I think any symbolism that draws from Appleseed's tradition of Liberty, Marksmanship, and History would be appropriate, and ideally we could connect that symbolism to NY in a meaningful way.  I felt like Liberty's torch would be 'universally recognized', but I'm not opposed to revolutionary war iconography :) Feel free to brainstorm ideas
Michigan / Re: Michigan has a new Orange ...
Last post by starlet - Yesterday at 04:00:50 PM
Quote from: Geek on May 10, 2024, 02:17:01 PMStarlet,
I look forward to working with you.  I want to hear about how you got that name too.  Congratulations on the score and taking the hat.  MI has a great team and seems to be getting better with you as an addition to the cadre.

Captian America came up with it, at the IBC because I didn't have a forum name yet. It's from both my interests in astronomy and theater!
After Action Reports / Re: Hubertus, WI AAR May 11th ...
Last post by Red Momma Bear - May 16, 2024, 11:37:28 PM
And one more pic :F
Last post by Red Momma Bear - May 16, 2024, 11:36:12 PM
More Ladyseed pics
Last post by Red Momma Bear - May 16, 2024, 11:33:49 PM
Photos of Ladyseed
After Action Reports / Hubertus, WI AAR May 11th Lady...
Last post by Ironmike - May 16, 2024, 06:52:22 PM
A gorgeous Spring day at Daniel Boone Conservation League Shooting Range in Hubertus, WI!! :F

Despite an overnight deluge that over precipitated our Firing Line and made a 'sploshy' comment every time we walked on it, our amazing Lady Seeders had and kept an awesome attitude throughout the course of the day.

We are very proud of the shooters who listened intently and followed instruction well. It proved itself in the tight little groups that were shot on the first "squares" targets. Pretty darn good for a group of mostly new shooters, some of which had never fired a rifle, before. Very proud of you "Future Riflemen"! We witnessed scores on the 1 AQT we were able to get to, such as 190 and 198!

Our instructor cadre thanks you all, for a Lady Seed we are honored to have been part of!! Please continue your journey as soon as you are able (and think about taking an orange hat, all of you!).
Last post by Cannibal - May 16, 2024, 01:29:35 PM
Any reason why the patch doesn't tie into NY's Revolutionary War history?

I'm not really good at graphic design but what are the general parameters for a state patch? What is appropriate) inappropriate?

Thanks!
After Action Reports / Re: AAR - Colorado Springs, CO...
Last post by bravhrt - May 16, 2024, 12:40:11 PM
Much gratitude to Pikes Peak Gun Club for the use of their excellent facility, and special thanks to Shoot Boss desert_diver for making the trek North to work this shoot. Kudos also to the CO cadre and our intrepid shooters who persevered through the less than optimal weather conditions.

We'll be back at PPGC for our summer 2024 event August 24-25th. Sign up here: https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=CO&state=Colorado