News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Spooner WI 4/16-4/17 2011

Started by crash, April 17, 2011, 08:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

Ten brave souls fought the awful wind, snow, and sleet to learn some marksmanship and celebrate their shared history and heritage  :bow:.  Personally I was proud of all the shooters that came out, The weather was terrible but what a fantastic bunch to work with, they took instruction well and were a joy to be around.   ^:)^  O0 O0 . We all had fun and I know we will see a bunch again.

Congrats to Tim and Mike for making rifleman on the only AQT Saturday
.  Awesome job guys!!! Both shot a 223 if I'm not mistaken.

(Pics to follow soon!)
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

crash

"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

crash

My normal service is having issues so I had to use a new one.

― John Adams

Deacon

Great job guys!
Huzzah for the Rifleman and all the shooters who stuck through the weather.

Hey wait.....wasn't there grass at Spooner last year?

Taylor

Quote from: Deacon on April 18, 2011, 10:41:21 AM
Great job guys!
Huzzah for the Rifleman and all the shooters who stuck through the weather.

Hey wait.....wasn't there grass at Spooner last year?

We moved over to a new range west of the clubhouse.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

One more Rifleman after Crash (and his camera) had to leave. Ryan made it towards the end of the day. Ryan's daughter Alyssia got close with a 206. She'll be back to earn her patch. Jared came dang close also.
So five Riflemen total for the weekend and two will make it at their next shoot.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

colycat

Until the students start posting here, I have to ask.  Did someone get a shiny new hat?

Congrates  on putting on a great AS in spite of the weather O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Congrats to the new Rifleman, and looks like a great time had by all  O0
Yes colycat, Crash has a shiny new Red hat  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22102.0   O0

Great job guys
D-fly    Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

crash

Well martin said he was tired of looking at pictures of himself on the internet  &)  so he said it was my turn.
― John Adams

martin

First, let me say thank you to the Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting us this last weekend. IRPC has remodeled their range and had us in a perfect location that was safe and did a good job at blocking the wind.
The weather was brutal, but 10 hearty souls showed up and 5 left Sunday with their Rifleman Patch.Congratulations to the following Rifleman,

Michael      223
          Tim            223
          Larry         214
          Dan           229
          Ryan          222

The remaining students were rapidly closing in on that patch but we ran out of time. Remember, practice , practice, and more practice.

Thanks also to the great instructors we had,
                                                                         Taylor,
                                                                         Crash,  (Wisconsin's newest Red Hat)
                                                           and of course, Rusty Red.       Good Job!

I hope we can return back to Spooner later this year!

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

AFTERMATH

Congratulations to the Riflemen!

As well as Crash!  -Though, we may now need Martin to take a psych eval....  Just kidding!
Crash has indeed earned the Hat, as much as he's earned his forum name!

Looks like Eastern Minnesota is now occupied territory - What are we gonna do about that MN?

Good work Martin & Rusty Red!!!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

crash

― John Adams

crash

Thanks Alex, I'll try not to put my foot in my mouth as much now.  :P    By the way you have any ideas to make an appleseed float for a parade?
― John Adams

Taylor

Crash,

Just got around to unloading my truck and found three things...the cigar you gave me (thanks it hit the spot during the unloading process), your stapler and a pair of gloves which you loaned to one of the shooters. I can give you the stapler and gloves at Colfax or sooner if you need them.

Taylor

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

How do you make an appleseed float?  That's easy!  Just use your anti-gravity device.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]