News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Atlanta, TX April 16-17, 2011

Started by POP, April 18, 2011, 02:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

The Harrison's Big Sandy Ranch, Atlanta, TX, hosted another great event this weekend with dedicated instructors, and hardworking students.

17 on the line Saturday, 13 Sunday.
2 Riflemen

Thanks to Kirk, Chris, David, John, Thomas and Bill for excellent instruction and help with admin and line duties. 
Much more with Pics on the way.
But, right now, the bag monster calleth.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

olfart

Quote from: POP on April 18, 2011, 02:41:45 AM
The Harrison's Big Sandy Ranch, Atlanta, TX, hosted another great event this weekend with dedicated instructors, and hardworking students.

17 on the line Saturday, 13 Sunday.
2 Riflemen

Thanks to Kirk, Chris, David, John, Thomas for excellent instruction and help with admin and line duties. 
Much more with Pics on the way.
But, right now, the bag monster calleth.
POP

A great weekend to celebrate Patriots' Day with lots of great folks eager to learn marksmanship and heritage. Lots of sunburned happy faces!

"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

Texas Rifleman

Excellent shoot. Always a joy to visit the Atlanta/Tx range.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

SigEp7182003

Great weekend. I hope we can get an event started in Arkansas.

Jason Moore
Officer
Jason Moore

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the fellow who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.

Texas Rifleman

I gotta tell ya'll though, I was worn smooth out after this event.
It is good to expend oneself for a worthy cause however !!!

Pop, the bag monster calleth..took me a minute but that is funny.

John, that 1/4 moon shot...that is just wrong. ;)
Davilla - 5/09

Texas Rifleman

Thanks Jason, let us know we can help.
Davilla - 5/09

SigEp7182003

pic
Officer
Jason Moore

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the fellow who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.

SigEp7182003

Officer
Jason Moore

SigEp7182003

pic
Officer
Jason Moore

SigEp7182003

pic
Officer
Jason Moore

SigEp7182003

pic
Officer
Jason Moore

SigEp7182003

pic
Officer
Jason Moore

SigEp7182003

pic
Officer
Jason Moore

SigEp7182003

pic
Officer
Jason Moore

SigEp7182003

sorry it took so many post, but it wouldn't let me post more than 3 pic at a time.
Officer
Jason Moore

spitstickler

This was a spectacular event!

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this event happen. It was a pleasure to be able to spend some time with you all working on marksmanship and recounting the history of the sparks that ultimately birthed our nation. The volley fire on the April events is always my favorite highlight. Taking a few minutes to reflect and honor a few of the individuals that made the choice to make a difference, ...and ultimately paid the high price of life to give us the opportunities we are fortunate to have in America.

Today is the 236 year anniversary of the day our nation was born. This day is the most important day in American history. Unfortunately it is seldom celebrated, and more often forgotten in the culture of "ME" that we live in today.

Please take a few minutes today to read through the coffin broadside poster handed out on Saturday and see how it sits on your heart on the anniversary of this event. As you go down the list of names in the right column, think about the wives who lost their husband and those who lost their fathers, brothers, sons and friends. You may find the words "thank you" softly coming off your lips.

Here is a short tribute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts18GYUmsX4
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

POP

Thank you, Kirk.
Your video is outstanding.

As you Riflemen, present and future, consider the events of that day, April 19, 1775, the events leading up to that day, and, that our Colonial forefathers did "make the choice to make a difference", I want you to consider also that you, too, can "make a choice to make a difference" just as did they ... except that ...

Fortunately, what they did for us in writing the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and, Bill of Rights was to develop a method of maintaining our Liberty through means other than armed revolution which was their final solution.  You have now taken the "RED" pill; Use your new knowledge wisely.

You now can look in the mirror every morning with optimism and the confidence your choices will make the difference.  Thanks to all of you who attended not just the Atlanta TX event but, events all over these United States of America.

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

POP

OK, Pic time.

Check out this TEXAS Style Demo Rifle.  Designed and built by "olfart" it comes complete with a laser caddy for later use on the NPOA demo.
Instructor Vanna err Criss could be included "If, The Price is Right" ... oh, wrong show.  ;D

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Orange Hat Thomas (Wolf) made a friend with young Dalton. 
Dalton attended his first event here last October and has demonstrated much improvement.
We'll see you again on Father's Day, Dalton, with your Dad and Grandfather.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Larry is in his Rifleman's Bubble concentrating on that Rifleman score.
He made it twice with a high of 215 and took the Orange Hat.  Thanks for stepping up, Larry.

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Criss M14NG advanced from IIT-3 to IIT-4 by taking his PC4 which is all History.  This weekend he did a great job with the 1st and 3rd Strikes.  In addition to the Strikes 1&3, Criss supervised the Admin Registration Table Saturday (thank you Criss) and did duty as Line Boss Sunday.  Pictured below Criss watches his line during a Course of Fire COF.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Texas Rifleman David announces the next COF Stage 3 AQT as part of his Line Boss Duties as Melissa Looks on.  David has a good voice for calling the line.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Kirk Spitstickler instructs Melissa.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

And, FINALLY ...  ;D   Drum Roll ...
Kirk, the Red Hat, Spitstickler thought he was commenting on a POI, Point of Instruction.
The attendees, however, thought he was "Sleep Talking."   **) **)

Kirk, thank you for all you did this weekend.  The event here at the Harrison's Big Sandy Ranch would not have been near the success it was without your calm, steady, guidance.   O0

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

starfox

Huzzah Criss!!!  IIT-4!  Allow me to be selfish and hope that Lauren and I can present you with your Red Hat and your wonderful wife Donna with her Orange Hat soon.

Husband and wife instructor teams rock! :)

Quote from: POP on April 19, 2011, 04:53:07 PM
Criss M14NG advanced from IIT-3 to IIT-4 by taking his PC4 which is all History.  This weekend he did a great job with the 1st and 3rd Strikes.  In addition to the Strikes 1&3, Criss supervised the Admin Registration Table Saturday (thank you Criss) and did duty as Line Boss Sunday.  Pictured below Criss watches his line during a Course of Fire COF.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10