News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bedford, IN April 16-17

Started by techres, April 17, 2011, 08:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Day 1:

Cold, wet, and miserable weather.  Determined, cheerful, & studious shooters!

An awesome day!  More to follow...

And we were able to join the rest of the nation for the memorial volley remembering those patriots who gave their lives on the birthing day of this great nation:

Bedford Memorial Volley

Off to go enjoy day 2!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Chilidog

WOOHOO! What a couple of days we had! Saturday our General Techres showed up to put the troops in action and the war for Patriots was on! Sure, we had the rain and mud and cold but what better way to form the bonds of Patriotism than persevering through the tough conditions to become great men and women, who are proud to be Americans in the land of the FREE! Saturday as the day wore on the Hot food came just at the right time to energized the troops to press on. The training was intense, then the memorial volley took place, that was like the bugler sounding CHARGE! Shortly this was followed by one of our own BC scoring rifleman in the blowing rain at the end of the day! Way to go Bryce! I have to admit, I worried about the students, especially the women, not sticking it out, but we had Americans who knew how to hang tough and Techres gave just the right encouragement at the right time. Way to go Mrs Chilidog, the Wright Woman, Missy and Diane. I'm impressed! Sunday started with a couple of drops but was soon chased away by wonderful SUNSHINE! All day our students pressed on with the intensity of Americans who had been in the heat of adversity yet they had overcame! Next thing you know Loctite produces BBQ ribs! Then what should follow BBQ ribs but more Rifleman and new Applecore! We finished out the day ripping down Techres steel from the 100 yard line. What a great day! It was great meeting all the new people, Andre from Ohio and Mudcat from Kentucky your instruction is very helpful. Congratulations to all who persevered, thank you so much for coming out . Justin, you were an inspiration to us all. Tough as nails you are! Congratulations to all the new Riflemen! Thanks to all the volunteers who made this weekend possible. Good job!
Chilidog
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

KYWindage

I have to agree with Chilidog, the food was  :bow: AWESOME!
Not only is Loctite a good shot, but an excellent cook!

This was my first Appleseed, and despite early problems, am hooked, line and sinker!
A very well earned shout out to all the hats(blue, orange, red, and green)!
Btw, thanks for the new name Andre!

-KY Windage
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

techres

Day 2: Otherwise Known as "Who Expected Sunburn?!"

The day rocked!  We got through a bunch of great Squares and moved into a sunny morning of AQT's:

Mudcat drove up to join us and immediately was handed the line & instruction:

We recovered instruction and worked on some squares:

Soon enough it was AQT time:

And before you knew it we had hammered out three Riflemen!

KYWindage made it over the beachhead and into the patch:

Our woodland friend did the same even though this was his FIRST Appleseed:

And, finally, our visitor from up north who held a rifle for the first time on Saturday, listened, worked, and did it all as instructed and slammed home that Rifleman score:

After some AMAZING lunch, we went back out for more and by late afternoon were ready to beat on some KD steel.  The wind was stiffer than expected but the steel still felt the beating:

Note the first time shooter, now rifleman, behind a Chilidog's Garand blowing my steel off the chains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_t29qBh2I

And our high tech guest showing his hand too at the steel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCZDTZsm6k

Come end of day and there was only one more task to do, hat our newest Bedford contingent Blue Hats:

And the day was over before you knew it!

I want to thank you all for a great pair of days, and again take my congratulations and thanks for your hard work sticking out nasty weather and hard learning all the the name of nation and marksmanship.  You did yourselves proud, and your ancestors proud as well.

Thanks to each of you and I hope to see you all again soon on the Appleseed Trail,
Joshua Stireff
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

foxfire51

Thanks to all for a great shoot and a great weekend!
God bless,
Foxfire51   
(your "woodland friend"!)
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. ---Typing Class, 1970

HQ

I missed you guys this weekend!  Your pictures show a lot of shooters having a great time!  We had a good shoot further south, but I would be lying if I wasn't thinking about Bedford more than once or twice!  And how very gracious you were not to rub it in about the food. .  .  . 

CONGRATULATIONS! to the new riflemen!  SPQR and I were tickled pink to hear the news!

Andre

First, I tip my hat to the Bedford Contingent.  O0  Folks, this crew rocks, and with a grill master the likes of Loctite, who could ever complain?

It's always good to see shooters improve, and this group of shooters had great, TEACHABLE ATTITUDES.  Thanks for bringing those teachable attitudes and not letting the weather wash them away (maybe I should also say not letting the weather put the chill on them, too!)   ;D  You persevered through some tough conditions - conditions that produce character.

I encourage all to keep moving forward.  If you earned the patch, keep on developing your new skills, teach others what you have learned.  If you learned something about your heritage, learn more, and don't be shy about sharing that truth with others.  You didn't know - they won't know unless someone (you) tells them.  Let the writings and actions of this country's founders inspire you to make changes in your life for future generations.  If you enjoyed the Project Appleseed experience, then share that with others and invite them to learn first hand.  If you didn't enjoy the experience (  :(  ), don't write us off - come back and give us another chance.  I enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you down the trail!

Quote from: KYWindage on April 18, 2011, 01:44:21 PM

Btw, thanks for the new name Andre!

-KY Windage

KY - you're welcome!  For those who don't know, KY Windage wears his new name VERY well - he demonstrated that he has mastered this skill.

SPQR - I know you invited me down to Bedford so that I could see you in action, but really, these guys have got it down even when you go wandering off on other adventures!!!   :cool2: 
Thanks for the invitation!

Andre

ps - I really enjoyed the volley.  I salute all who gave so much, so that we could live in liberty.  May the Liberty that they sought for their future generations be reclaimed and forever held dear.

Loctite

Congratulations to all the new riflemen, cream always rises to the top! Those of you who got soooooo close, the new Rifleman's Opportunity Card is just the ticket for your next try. DON"T GIVE UP!!!

Loctite

Quote from: Loctite on April 19, 2011, 04:37:29 PM
Congratulations to all the new riflemen, cream always rises to the top! Those of you who got soooooo close, the new Rifleman's Opportunity Card is just the ticket for your next try. DON"T GIVE UP!!!
"Never trust a skinny cook" Loctite

TBE

Congratulations to all of our shooters!

Shooters, be proud of yourselves.  This was not an easy weekend.  You conducted yourselves safely and persevered through the cold, rain, and wind and I saw real improvement in your marksmanship and no deterioration in your attitude.  You were safe, courteous, attentive and a pleasure to be with.  You made me proud to be your countryman.

It is apparent to everyone who has attended a shoot at the bomb range that The Bedford Contingent is a top notch crew.  They are obviously committed to strengthening the nation and sharing their blessings and the fruits of their labor with their fellow Americans.  When I reflect on the lengths they go to in order to serve their people, I am humbled that I am permitted to share the company of such fine patriots.     
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

AuntieBellum

Looks like another fantastic shoot at the BC!  Congrats to the new Riflemen, congrats to all who persevered and improved, and congrats and welcome to our new Blue Hats!!!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

TBE

Loctite's right.  The cream does rise to the top.  Sometimes it just requires a little whipping.   ~~:)
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776