News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CANCELED *** Feb 19-21, 2011 - Athens, OH Instructor Boot Camp ***

Started by MeanStreaker, January 10, 2011, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

..:..  ..:..      Announcing the 2nd Annual Athens IBC!       ..:..  ..:..

CANCELED BY ATHENS FISH AND GAME CLUB ON JAN 24

Thank you to the Athens Fish and Game Club for generously hosting us for another Instructor Boot Camp on February 19-21!

An IBC is a great mechanism for all current Instructors to come together, refine our understanding of the Appleseed material, improve how we each teach the lessons to our students, get a better understanding of Known Distance, learn rifle familiarization with many different platforms, and much more!  This is really the way to get a leg up and move up that Instructor ladder!  Bring a pen, notebook, and a good sense of humor!  An IBC consists of three full days of classroom learning... but it's also an event not to be missed for enjoying the company of your fellow teammates and recharging your batteries with camaraderie to gear up for the 2011 Appleseed season.  

Maybe we can continue the late night tradition of a Zombieland viewing.    :~

You'll have all the creature comforts of home and experience some of the best Trail hospitality found anywhere.  There are three full restrooms (including showers), and best of all...

Nurse Ratchett has again agreed to spoil us with her excellent cooking!   ^:)^

Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch/dinner, and Monday breakfast/lunch..... all of that for just $20!

You can roll out a sleeping mat in the clubhouse on a first come, first served basis (see below).  Otherwise, this is a great opportunity to test out your cold weather Rifleman gear and sleep outside.  Please keep in mind there will be many in the clubhouse and perhaps their bedtimes may differ from yours.  :))

Hopefully all Ohio Instructors and teammates from our neighboring states will join us on Feb 19-21.  The Event Information Page can be found Here.  (If by chance you can't make it, you'll have another chance to attend an IBC in Gibsonburg, OH on March 12-14.  Details to follow in a few days.)

To Register:

CANCELED BY ATHENS FISH AND GAME CLUB ON JAN 24

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll see you there!

Thanks!  O0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

MeanStreaker

And don't forget a few spots still remain for the Advanced IBC Fred is running in Miamisburg, OH on Jan 22-23.  Fred's AIBC is a totally different animal as it's a more in-depth study of the Appleseed Mission and how we can be better Instructors.  There is no overlap with the regular IBCs being held at Athens or Gibsonburg.  More info:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19297.0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

slim

WY_Not

Slackers.  ;D  I'll be in the back of the truck again.
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

Gordon

MeanStreaker

QuoteSlackers.

Hehe, sounds like somebody is asking for a bucket of water to be silently poured over their truck hatch while they sleep.   >:D
--Thomas Paine

Gordon

Quote from: MeanStreaker on January 20, 2011, 09:58:55 AM
QuoteSlackers.

Hehe, sounds like somebody is asking for a bucket of water to be silently poured over their truck hatch while they sleep.   >:D

Hey! if it goes sub-zero, I for one am packin' it into the clubhouse with that marvelous heated floor. If that happens & Joe stays out there, then I'll let him call me a slacker.  :bow:

By the way, did I mention the heated floor in the clubhouse? "Comforts of home" indeed, in some ways, better. The place is so nice I wonder if Fred secretly vacations there sometimes.

GoldFish

Quote from: Gordon on January 20, 2011, 12:50:04 PM
The place is so nice I wonder if Fred secretly vacations there sometimes.

He doesn't, but it would certainly be interesting if he did!
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

WY_Not

Sub-zero would only be a little colder than last year. We hit mid single digits.

As far as water on the hatch? That just means more sack time while I wait for the ice to melt.  :D

Anyway, just messing. Can't wait to see everyone again in February.

Joseph
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

MeanStreaker

I am sad to announce that the Athens Fish & Game Club has canceled the IBC scheduled for Feb 19-21.

If you have already registered via EventBrite, please email info@appleseedinfo.org or PM RifleWoman or Old Glory!.

I hope everyone will join us at the Gibsonburg IBC scheduled for March 12-14!  More information can be found Here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20079.0

Thanks!
--Thomas Paine