News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AB962

Started by artkat2, October 02, 2009, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artkat2

Hi California
  I may be late on this as I don't keep up on current events very well. Have you heard of Assembly Bill 962? On 11 September '09 the California state Assembly passed AB962 by a vote of 44 to 31. As Appleseed is a non political organization I won't describe it here, only urge you to look it up and read it for yourself, then call, e-mail or write Governor Schwarzenegger and express your desire that he VETO AB962.
  Thanks
Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

DesertDog

Here is the e-mail I got from one of the local range owners.

Oppose AB962 Now!

AB962 is sitting on the Governor's desk awaiting his veto or signature.
AB962 would mandate the following changes in the way you buy ammunition:

1)      It would prohibit the sale of ammo in a manner that allows the
ammunition to be accessible without the help of an employee. In other
words, you'll have to stand in line and have to wait to be shown the
ammunition you may want to purchase.

2)      It would require the dealer to ask for you ID each time you buy
handgun ammunition and the dealer will record the following personal
information:

a.     A thumbprint

b.     Your CDL #

c.     Your home address and telephone number

d.     The brand and type of ammunition that you purchased

e.     Your date of birth

3)      Additionally, it would be illegal to buy ammo via online or mail
order methods, so if a local store can't find you older, hard-to-get or
obsolete ammunition, you won't be able to get it from via the internet.

Please contact the Governor today and let him know that you oppose
AB962.

You can contact him at 916-445-2841 and do an auto-vote against the bill
as follows:

Listen to the recorded message and press in the following order:

1          (English)
2          (legislation)
2          (AB962)
2          (against)

If it is busy - keep trying, and it is easier to get through after
hours. It is all automated.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

artkat2

DesertDog,
  THANKS! O0 O0 O0
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

BaldDragn

Remember to vote early and often >:D
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

jacques

Call as many times as you possibly can. If this sits on Arnolds desk and he ignores it for 30 days, the bill automatically becomes law. He has skated around issues this way before.

What this means to Appleseeds in Ca.

Now it is perfectly legal to sell ammunition. The only restriction is if you manufacture and sell the ammo, you have to be an 06 FFL. If someone at an Appleseed forgets their ammo, or didn't bring any, or runs out, we can now sell them a box of ammo, or whatever they need to get through the weekend. If this passes it will depend on what they decide is "Handgun" ammunition. SInce there are AK pistols, AR pistols, pistols in 22LR and probably every other caliber out there, it could end up being really bad. This may be the end to selling ammo to people in need at Appleseeds.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Marpat Pippi

Update: The legislation has become law, but it does not take effect until February 2011. If you are concerned about AB962, you should also look into AB373.