News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cedar City, UT Sept 26-27 -- A California Adventure

Started by Romeo's Hero, October 02, 2009, 01:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo's Hero

It's Thursday and I have just returned home from the Appleseed weekend in Cedar City, UT. A total of 2,000 miles traveled, about 35 hours in the car (plus a few extra days spent here and there along the way), and it was all worth it .

First I want to say thank you to the other instructors who also traveled out to UT, and a huge thank you to the Appleseeders that provided so much roadside help to out-of-town instructors -- on this weekend the vehicle that we were traveling in got 3 flat tires in 3 days, which were only 3 of the 6 flats that weekend.

Outside of the road to the range causing flat tires we had a great appleseed. The AS was set up on a public range, we had 18 shooters on Saturday, which included 10 children from a ranger troop. I was impressed with the amount of knowledge that this group had about history, much more than I had at my first appleseed. On Saturday shooters learned steady hold factors for all positions, the 6-steps of firing the shot, NPOA, and rifleman's cadence. We shared the 1st and 2nd strike during lunch, and the 3rd strike at the end of the day, then we talked with all of them about 7th stepping and continuing to learn about their heritage.

On Sunday 6 shooters returned and we continued working on their skills. I turned the line over to Sleepy Joe while Hollywood and I got the tires replaced. At lunch we shared the stories of dangerous old men and women. While we had no rifleman scores we have many who the have the heart of a rifleman and will soon have the score.

I hope that all the shooters and instructors will share their experiences from the weekend.
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

jacques

That is a huge commitment to drive that far. Good for you. So in Utah, do they just throw rusty old nails all along the roads? 6 flat tires has got to be a record for anyone. I don't think I have had that many flats in my whole life.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

sleepy Joe

what a great weekend and a commitment from the instructors. I am glad II was able to be a part of it.
Thanks Romeo's Hero, Hollywood Marine, Double D, and Chris for your hospitality. I will post somephotos as soon as I get them off my camera.
By the numbers

BaldDragn

You guys rock!

Our California missionaries braving the wilds of UT to spread Appleseeds.

I'm looking forward to the campfire stories at Halloween. O0
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

sleepy Joe

here are some photos from the shoot
I am trying to figure out how to get them on here
By the numbers

HollywoodMarine

Just have to say thanks to all the shooters and Instructors for a great shoot. I must say it was a trying at times  ++)
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

Romeo's Hero

I realized that I forgot to say thank you to "Hero Plumbing" and all those involved. They not only donated the port-a-potties, but above all else their hospitality to the instructors and willingness to help was absolutely amazing.

Thank You

- Juliette
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

sleepy Joe

some more photos   really enjoyed the shoot
By the numbers