News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi WI Oct 10-11

Started by JoeZ, October 11, 2009, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Hello all,
The good we did this weekend:
   22 shooters
   4 riflemen
   1 new green hat
   1 new red hat
   1 orange hat (Renee you need to PM me as I neglected to get your screen name)
   1 new range in western WI (dates TBA)

Weather was cold, frost and even a few snowflakes and Saturday's scores were depressed but Sunday warmed up to a sunny 45 degrees.

To the shooters;
   Thank you for coming out. It's always an honor to be trusted with your time, money, and effort. I pray I didn't fail you.

Once again, your instructors were Deacon, Trisha, Mogget, Robbvious, and Gumballhead. Late Sunday we were treated to Colycat,
   Old Glory, and Ahhshoot. Feel free to PM (private message) any of us with your questions or concerns.

Pictures will follow so check back here to relive some of this weekend.

You've invested time and money in an endeavor to improve yourself (and by extention you will improve your country) so don't short change 
   yourself and do nothing. Practice your skills often.

To the instructors;
   Thanks for the help, and the friendship.

The fun we had;
   A native Briton shot rifleman score but his first few "Redcoat" targets had suspiciouly few holes in old Tommy ??? Poor man took all our jibes with a
   laugh though and shot well.

Poor EEL's ears must have been ringing as every so often an instructor would bellow out "QUICKLY QUICKLY QUICKLY PEOPLE" and we would get a
   good laugh at his expense although we could never hope to signal Illinios from Wisconsin with sheer volume like EEL can.

Deacon fired up a grill on Sunday and several people brought food to cook. Thank you all for that.

We caught a border raider here behind the Cheddar Curtain but he did well and moves upeasily while fending off a fair amount grief from us. >:D

Thanks again to all, for the work, the fun, and the learning I get from all this.
God bless
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Daybreak

I had an AMAZING time at my second Appleseed event this weekend. I want to congratulate everyone that got their rifleman patch and to the new green, red and orange hats! It was a pleasure to get to shoot with the instructors and the fellow Appleseed followers again. As Second Wind (Taylor) said after our first Appleseed, I am hooked! I am now even more determined to get that rifleman patch that's still just out of reach, and I am now saving up to buy my very first gun! I'll be hiding in my nice warm house this winter but I WILL be practicing my dry firing and I hope to see you all when Wisconsin thaws out again in the spring!

M.R.C.

It was a fantastic shoot; thank you everyone!

I want to especially thank JoeZ for running a great shoot, and for personally coaching me while I was trying to get over my slowfire prone NPOA hump and get to 210. Sorry Joe, I guess it just wasn't meant to be this weekend, but it gives me all the more incentive to make it to 210 at my next Appleseed since I know I'm so darn close now!  O0

Matt C

Mogget

Heheh.  What a shoot!  Last time I experienced the combination of snow and a sunburn I was on a glacier in Austria!  A big hand to those of who came out and enjoyed such a fine fall weekend on Lodi's beautiful range.

In addition to the new Wisconsin range, two other shooters, from Iowa and Minnesota, want arrange an Appleseed at their location.  I passed their names and contact information to the right folks so we can make that happen.  New ranges are a great gift to the program, so many thanks to them for their contribution above and beyond a weekend of shooting.

Mogs

Gumballhead

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I survived behind the cheddar curtain, and got back to Illinois (ucks).  I want to thank you all for a great event.  We have an excellent group of shooters, and most hospitable instructor corps!  I don't think I have ever seen so many riflemen (and women) and so many people knocking on the door, at any event!  I think they do things different in Wisconsin (and they know very well what they are about)!  I was glad to see most everyone returned on Sunday, after a really cold start on Saturday...was that snow i saw? :o :o

Congratulations to our newest riflemen & green, red, & orange hats!  8)  To those knocking on the door, remember to keep dry firing :~:~, and practicing finding your NPOA at home.  Follow the 6 steps of firing the shot, and your steady hold factors!  You can do it!

I welcome all of you to come down and join us in IL for a shoot sometime, I'd love to have you. 

See you all on the trail!

Trisha

Wow what a weekend! I can't believe it snowed in October!! Even though it was very chilly, all the shooters stuck through it, my hats are off to you.

Congratulations to all the new Riflemen! To all of the others, that 210 is out there and we all know you are very capable of punching enough holes from long distance to get that score. Just keep it up and I hope to see you all again at another Appleseed.

Instructors, what is there to say...I really enjoyed working with all of you. JoeZ, you run a very smooth and safe shoot and I always learn a lot from you.
Deacon, Congratulations!!!!! You will be a fantastic Shoot Boss, I would love to come be a RH at any of your shoots.
Mogget it was great to see you, and I can't wait to instruct with you again, your 3rd strike was amazing!
Robb, what is there to say, it is always a pleasure working side by side with you and I can't wait to do it again. Robb congratulations on earning the Red Hat!
Gumby(Gumballhead), it was nice to meet you, and you are always welcome here. I will try to head down to Illinois(ucks) possibly sometime this year, so maybe I will have the pleasure working with you again. 
Renee, I can't wait to work with you at shoots, I was and still am excited that you took on the Orange Hat.

Deacon, I would like to say that I had a great time working with your son, Justin, like father like son. I hope to see him again on the trail!

Trisha

Robbvious

4 new Riflemen out of 22, and a bunch more knocking on the door, and a new Orange Hat, what a great weekend! 

Thanks to JoeZ for running an excellent program again, and to all my fellow instructors and shooters for persevering through a bit of chilly weather.

I'm humbled by the fine Americans who step up to re-take our Heritage.

See you all on the Trail!
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

dragonfly

Congrats to the 4 new Riflemen the rest of you keep practicing you have the tool's persistence will pay off.

Congrats to Robbvious on that well deserved Red Hat hope to see you on the trail real soon.

Congrats to Deacon SB great job.

Hope to see you all on the trail soon.

BTW

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

transplant

Thank you to the instructors, support volunteers and hosts. I had a great time and learned a lot, and was delighted to earn my Rifleman patch. I am still bruised and sore, but it's a 'good kind of hurt'! I plan to come again, bring friends and son next year.

The event seemed to test equipment - I believe we shot around 600 rds over two days, and I was glad to have brought 5 mags - by the end of day 2 I was experiencing a lot of mag stoppages (3 were new Ruger mags), and I will be taking them all apart for a good cleaning. I used Remington Golden Bullet bulk ammo, and had perhaps a dozen misfires. Frustrating at the time, but a good lesson in clearing stoppages and forging ahead, then pulling-out the spare mag to make-up the shortfall - that was a HUGE help. The Mini Mags I used at the end seemed more reliable (no misfires in approx. 75 rds, but too small a sample to assess reliably).

Other lessons learned - hand warmers are a lifesaver, and on day 2 the pace picked up a lot, and we had to prep mags QUICKLY, QUICKLY, QUICKLY!  :o

Muskyjerk

Glad to hear every one had a good time and learned something.

And Daybreak you don't need to stay in all winter Dry firing. lets just say put a pencil mark on January 16th 10th???.

cold and chilly for Lodi,

I cant wait to see the after action report on January 18th 11th?? :)

Castle Mountain

What do you mean Illinois Sucks Gumballhead?????? I am bringing a 50 Cal AR-10 to the Ottawa shoot. Would you be interested in helping me? 

Just kidding %^) I am still suffering a hip pointer from shooting that AR-10 .338. Think I will leave the big rifles to Lt. Col. EELjavascript:void(0);

Cheers,

Castlemountain

Quote from: Gumballhead on October 12, 2009, 10:45:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

Yes, I survived behind the cheddar curtain, and got back to Illinois (ucks).  I want to thank you all for a great event.  We have an excellent group of shooters, and most hospitable instructor corps!  I don't think I have ever seen so many riflemen (and women) and so many people knocking on the door, at any event!  I think they do things different in Wisconsin (and they know very well what they are about)!  I was glad to see most everyone returned on Sunday, after a really cold start on Saturday...was that snow i saw? :o :o

Congratulations to our newest riflemen & green, red, & orange hats!  8)  To those knocking on the door, remember to keep dry firing :~:~, and practicing finding your NPOA at home.  Follow the 6 steps of firing the shot, and your steady hold factors!  You can do it!

I welcome all of you to come down and join us in IL for a shoot sometime, I'd love to have you. 

See you all on the trail!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Old Glory!

Congratulations Deacon and Robbvious!  It was exciting to drive up to Lodi Sunday afternoon and see an Appleseed well underway and in good hands. 

You all ROCK! 

Good to meet you Ingrid; hope to see you again.  And Caitlin! 

Renee, welcome to the instructor core! 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Deacon

Thanks to everyone for braving the Wisconsin cold and make this Appleseed a success!

Congrats to all the new Rifleman and several that were knocking on the door...they were actually trying to kick the door down!  The weather was cold and windy but it was no match for our great shooters.

Thanks for stepping up Renee and taking the orange hat.  I know that you will be great!!!!

MRC, you are right there.....I hope to see you in the spring!  I think there will be an "Icicleseed" in January so if you are up for it, it should be a lot of fun.

Congrats to Robbvious for the shiny new Red Hat, it is well deserved!

Thanks to JoeZ for a putting together a great shoot,  and sharing all your Appleseed wisdom.

A SPECIAL THANKS to Tom Steele who brought his Flintlock musket and did a demonstration.  He even let other shooters try it out!  What a great way to get into the spirit of our Founding Fathers.

And if you are from Minnesota and are reading this, YOU CAN'T HAVE MOGGET BACK!  SHE IS IN WISCOSNSIN NOW! But thank you for letting her come to Wisconsin...your sacrifice is much appreciated.  I think Brett Favre for Mogget was a pretty good trade!

Here are some pics of our great weekend.

-Deacon