News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus WI Sept. 26 and 27 Daniel Boone Conservation League

Started by dragonfly, September 26, 2009, 06:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Be prepared for rain and hopefully that will keep it away. ;) I did'nt  wash my truck either.

See you all soon. :~

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

JoeZ

Thanks to all who attended and all who worked for this successful Appleseed. Thanks to the Daniel Boone Club for the use of their club, the covered line came in handy late Sunday as the rain came on. Thank the Lord for such good weather.

Highlights:
22 shooters came to drink from the fire hose, and drink they did.

8 riflemen graduated, one was 9 years old and most were first time Appleseeders!! I watched one man go from something like an 80 on Sat's
          first AQT to rifleman on Sun's last in the rain.

Somewhere around 400 rounds(per 2 day shooter) spent in exercise of liberty.

The Guy suprised us with a border raid and promoted our own Colycat to SI.(Thanks for your time Guy) We also beggged him to do some history and as is typical of our Illinesian brothers, he was happy to comply.

Dragonfly and Muskyjerk both move up in the chain.

Thanks to all the shooters and instructors, I'm proud, glad, and humbled to be part of something you all work so hard at. Any questions or concerns anyone can PM me or any of the quality instructors.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

AFTERMATH

QuoteThe Guy suprised us with a border raid and promoted our own Colycat to SI.(Thanks for your time Guy) We also beggged him to do some history and as is typical of our Illinesian brothers, he was happy to comply.

Congratulations Colycat!  Huzza! Huzza! Huzza!Coly, you're indispencible indispensable ;) to the program.  It's about time you get the promotion you deserve.  You've earned it! O0

All of you, behind the 'Cheddar Curtain' should consider yourselves extremely priviledged to have such a dedicated and tallented Instructor corps.
It's humbling to be amongst such giants.

8 Riflemen, out of 22; just goes to prove that Wisconsin is full of Men and Women who know very much what they are about.
Wisconsin never fails to crank out them Riflemen!  Congratulations to all of you!  You've earned it.
Don't be afraid to visit your neighbors to the west...  We're not that scarry!

All of you should be proud of what you've accomplished this weekend.  For yourself; for your Country; and for your Posterity.

I wish I could have been there!
By the way; I had nothing to do with the rain.

Alex

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Garand69

Well it's about time Coly you slacker **)

Sounds like a great shoot, glad to here a Fellow Illinoisian help forge a few more Rifleman.......Oh and yoose Wisconsin folks two  O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Trisha

Of course, Coly you had to get promoted at an AS where ahhshoot and I couldn't attend! Congratulations, you truly deserve it and I can't wait to work with you again in Lodi.

D-fly I assume you are SB...? If so congrats to you too! You know I would truly feel honored to be a RH at any AS your ShootBossing at.

Old Glory!

Quote from: AFTERMATH on September 27, 2009, 11:09:58 PM
Coly, you're indispencible to the program. 

**)On first reading this, I saw in-despicable :D **)  Anyway...Congratulations!  I know your heart is in-SOMETHING.  Your heart is IN America.  Thanks for being  who you are, and for your willing heart.   You always give me something to think about after an Appleseed. 

Today, I am thinking about the question you posed to the group near the end of Sunday.  "Tomorrow, when people ask you what you did this weekend, what will you say?"   hmm? 

I went to an APPLESEED! 
We honored the men and women of 1775 who sacrificed EVERYTHING, by their blood, to form this FREE NATION. 
We practiced the skills of rifle marksmanship that played an important role in our Founder's ability to obtain that freedom. 
They had TWO choices:  1. They could submit to British tyranny.  2.  Or they could fight. 
They made the un-easy choice to fight for Liberty!
Through them, we have our United States of American, a Republic, with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, so that WE HAVE a THIRD choice.  All WE have to do is PRESERVE it by the very foundation they GAVE us.

What did you do this weekend.....have you been to an APPLESEED yet?

Guy, thanks for the surprise appearance!  Good to see you RE-appear in the land of cheese to see all those cheddarheads whom you have helped form into the Instructors and Shoot Bosses that they are today.  You saw something in them long ago that needed to be encouraged; and encouraged it has been.  By your example of dedication to Appleseed, and mentoring quality Instructors, your critiques helped the WI instructor core refine our skills.   There is always something to be learned at every Appleseed, by everyone.   

JoeZ, "Take good care of the children" has an even deeper meaning now.   Thru Hannah's diary, we hear Isaac speaking to ALL OF US - "take good care of the children".  Are we doing our part to "take care of the children"?  Posterity!  Thanks for that. 

So much more to say about the weekend, but at least thanks to ALL who attended.  Americans ALL!  There is never enough time to talk with everyone who attended and hear your stories.  This is a good place to continue that discussion.   I hope you will register on the forum here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/
and then hit "reply" and add to the discussion. 

Pictures later.......
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

The Guy

Well,  I had a good time.  Got to see some FINE folks.  Wish I didn't leave so early, but hey, at least I got home in time to tuck in my girls (Isabelle and Liberty), so i figure it was worth it.

Saw some great shooting, Instructing and History.  I also got to participate in the fine and honored tradition of BORDER RAIDING!!  YEE HAW!!

Collycat, cngrrats on the SI status acheivement.  You have been earning it since the first time I met you, and it is rare to go through life knowing such a fine man.

Of course, it ain't so rare at Appleseed.

See you soon, in Ossgae.

Congrats again, to all, for such a fine shoot!

Guy

Second_wind

Being my first Appleseed event, I did not know exactly what to expect.  Reading a little of the Project website made me think there would be a lot of propaganda and militia talk.  But with The Guy covering the history of April 19, 1775, our history came alive to me.  In school the history is so dry and dull, though this weekend it seemed so real and that I was connected to the past like I had never felt before.

The instructors there provided so much feedback and support that I am already looking forward to next year and attending more of these events.  It was worth soo much more than the cost of the ammo and fees, to experience that type of learning environment is priceless.

Collycat lent Caitlin and I rifles for the weekend which alone was very generous, then after the 1150 rds of .22 ammo ran out he gave us more to keep shooting.  This is something I was not expecting.  Thank you does not feel enough to cover my appreciation for what he and the other instructors gave us.

Caitlin had only been shooting once before this past weekend and I only knew so much to teach her.  I was glad to see I did not give her too bad of instruction and what she learned took her from 6 inch groups down to almost 2 inch.  She had a blast and is now hooked.  I now just need to put together a list of parts that I would like for my Ruger 10/22 in order to bring it up to the quality and ease of shooting as the two rifles Collycat lent us.

Again, I thank each and every one of the instructors that gave their time for the advancement of our shooting and teaching us what we really can be and do.

I learned I am effective out to 200 yards and now I really do have a goal the next time I go out shooting as well as something to do this winter (dry firing practice).

dragonfly

What a GLORIOUS weekend at Appleseed. 8 Riflemen out of 22 shooters, WOW. Congrats to all. Keep practicing; dryfire, dryfire, dryfire, you have the tools, put them to good use. It was great to see those scores improve all weekend. Learn to shoot a rifle today and teach someone how to shoot a rifle tomorrow, pass it on.

Let your friends know; I went to an Appleseed this weekend and what did you do?

Thanks again to the Daniel Boone Conservation League.

Thanks for putting on a great shoot JoeZ.

Thanks for the kind words Trisha.

Thanks for the boarding raiding Guy. You IL guy's are always welcome behind the cheddar curtain, anytime. It was great to see you.

Congrats to colycat. Wisconsin now has a Senior Instructor. Merry Christmas to me. Now, lets get back to work.

Take good care of the children.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

SavageShootr

CONGRATULATIONS COLYCAT!!!!!

I am honored to know you.

As OG says, you give us much to ponder.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

The Guy

Good to have you Second Wind.

Keep up on Dryfire practice.  Hope to see you and Caitlin at another AS, or at least hear of your success.

Keep the Faith,

Guy

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Deacon

It's hard to add to this thread,  everythings been said....but I can always add another,

Congratulations Colycat!
I feel blessed to have you as an Appleseed mentor!  Your passion and dedication shows in everything that you do.
Of course Coly, you know what they say......behind every great man......... O0

I was very surprised to see "The Guys" car in the parking lot Saturday morning and it certainly was another great shoot with his hearfelt history and insight. 

Thanks to all the shooters for stepping up and working so hard at all that we threw at you!  The facilities were second to none and we had beautiful early fall weather.

Again,  Dry Fire, Dry Fire, Dry Fire.....it can be as effective as live fire.....just a lot cheaper!

Thanks Jim for helping my son on Sunday and being his shooting buddy!
And the bagels Peter brought on Sunday morning hit the spot!

I hope to see all the shooters on the Appleseed Trail!

-Deacon

Garand69

QuoteThanks Jim for helping my son on Sunday and being his shooting buddy!
And the bagels Peter brought on Sunday morning hit the spot!

:o Bagels!.... :o did you say bagels!! I slaved over a hot stove at chilli, and bagels would have hit the spot   &)

**) **)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

ahhshoot

Wow, 8 rifleman out of 22... guess maybe there is something to the rapid fire AQT... or maybe the Wisconsinites really know how to shoot. Whatever the case Good shooting.
Congratulations Coly. I can't imagine all the whining you'll do with the MI PC. ;)
D-Fly I'll come to a shoot of yours any day. :~
The past is only the future with the lights on.

AFTERMATH

I must have missed the part where D-Fly made SB. #)

Well, Congratulations!!!
(Minnesota was really in need of another Shoot Boss. ^-^)

Second_wind- I'm glad you and Caitlin had a great time.  Why wait 'till next year?  Take a look at the schedule, there's another coming up; just accross the river.  ;)  [That applies to all you future Riflemen!]

Old Glory-When I re-read it, today, I saw the same....  I'll change that misleading mispelling... ++)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Old Glory!

:)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

Bagel's I did'nt see any bagels. I had to choke down another one of those Powerbar's. Actually Deacon made us camper's a great scrambled eggs and hash breakfast. Thanks Deacon.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Old Glory!

::)

Old Glory!

8)

Old Glory!

<:)

dragonfly

Some picture's

K.I.S.S.

Second_wind

The reason I need to wait for next year is this next month is busy and one of the events includes Knob Creek machine gun shoot.  Since this will be an expensive trip for us we wont be able to travel to another event until after the calendar rolls over.  :(

As soon as the schedule is up for next year, we will register rather than trying the walk-on role again.  Thank you for the offer Aftermath.

Shooterer

Deacon,
Your welcome, Spartan was a great teammate on the "Star" shoot and very well behaved throughout (I didn't have to duct tape him to a pole) you should be proud of him and yourself for teaching him to be the boy (man) that he is, you did well.

Thank you to all the instructors, this was my first shoot and I know it will not be my last. I also know that a score of 250 is not only possible but probable using the foundations that you all taught. (ok, ok I'll most likely have to use a scoped rifle and a rest to achieve a "clean" target)

You guys were right; I did spend my lunch today telling others about the smell of gunpowder, 4/19/75, 900 little holes (in little groups), liberty and camaraderie. By the time lunch was over I was the only one talking and everyone was listening and wishing they would have came.

Guy, you are welcome back anytime, your passion for our country and its struggle for freedom came out not only in your words but in your willingness to drive 7 hours to be here for us (and Colycat).

JoeZ, Turbo, Muskyjerk, Dragonfly, Deacon, Oldglory and Cloycat please accept my gratitude for what you are doing to make our country a better and safer place.

Respectfully,
Jim
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

Old Glory!

Quote from: Shooterer on September 29, 2009, 12:41:57 AM

You guys were right; I did spend my lunch today telling others about the smell of gunpowder, 4/19/75, 900 little holes (in little groups), liberty and camaraderie. By the time lunch was over I was the only one talking and everyone was listening and wishing they would have came.

Jim

JoeZ, you reading this?   Is that an Orange Hat I see in Jim's future?  He already has everyone listening to him at work.  ;) 8)

Don't forget Lodi, October 10-11 for all of those disappointed friends who didn't make it to Hubertus.
Register here:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/297635235

We have a generous soul doing a flint lock demonstration planned at Lodi.  Isn't the fall a great time to Appleseed!!!  Much more comfortable less uncomfortable than the heat of summer. ::)   

See you all on the trail.

Muskyjerk

I need to plug and thank the club again. without the approval of the board this shoot would not have happened.

also a big thanks to my clubs president, for helping me through a couple of glitches that came up. and thanks to the Scouts for sharing the campground with our instructors.

if you are interested in joining DBCL please stop in on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:45pm and we will get you signed up.

www.dbcl.org

Thanks to everyone that showed up to shoot and all the instructors. I don't think it could have ran any smoother.

even got sis out

not just a Trap guy,

Guy and Deacon it was a pleasure meeting and talking with both of you.....and it was nice seeing the rest of the instructors again.

more to follow, Hardware has a camera full...... :)

DaveD

Congrats - Colycat!  Well earned!

What a great shoot   And THE GUY too .......  Don't think it gets any better.   O0
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Second_wind

Caitlin and I decided we will save the money that would go for Kentucky and instead have registered for Lodi, WI.  See you there.

Deacon

Second_wind,  that sounds great!  I look forward to seeing you there!