News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer, SD - Sept. 26-27

Started by TheCount, September 28, 2009, 01:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCount

The shoot outside of Custer this past weekend went really well.   

Our numbers were a little lower than we had hoped for probably owing to the Custer Buffalo Roundup changing their dates and "stealing" some of our shooters.   Still, we ended up with 10 folks on the line both days and believe that we planted a few seeds.   I'm sure that we should have a solid group come next spring.    Weather was gorgeous.   By far the best weather we've had at any of the shoots I've been to this year.  Granted, Sunday was a little windy... thought that the wind was supposed to stop at the Wyoming state line  ;D

Regardless, our shooters battened down, persevered and I saw some real improvement on Sunday.  Looked like things started clicking for most folks.    One new rifleman - Congratulations Richard!    And a couple more folks were real close to turning the corner.   Keep up the good work.   

Also, please welcome Westcreek to the instructor corps as an IIT.    I am honored to have passed on my orange hat to him and know that he'll work hard as teacher of marksmanship and promoter of Appleseed.

On a personal note: I'd also like to thank Colonial Shooter for all of his tutelage during my quick rise through the ranks this past year.    I have to say that everything went really well, despite the fact that I had just been promoted two weeks ago and for my first time out had to run solo.    I'd also like to thank The Guy for really sowing that seed with me during the Douglas RBC.   You Sir are truly a patriot that our founding fathers would be honored to call one of there own.

Once again, thanks to Westcreek and Mrs. Westcreek for hosting and working so hard to get this set up!    The ranch is absolutely beautiful.   Next time out I hope that we get some more instructors, because the accommodations at the Wayback Inn were superb.   My wife and I still cant get over having that entire house to ourselves!    Oh and thanks for offering lunch both days as well.  You guys have really raised the bar!

Until next time,
Andrew -The Count

Westcreek

Thanks Count for the kind words.  I am also honered to have received your orange hat, I hope I can make you proud.  O0

Wish we could have had more people on the line, but like you said, I'm sure we planted the seeds, article will be out in the local paper this week to show people what they missed.

Our new Rifleman Richard will definatley spread the word, he moonlights in a local gunshop.

Now to start planning for the next one!! ;D

By the way, you call that a little windy????:o :-\
The boisterous sea of liberty is never without a wave. Thomas jefferson 1820

colycat

Count,  If I had known that you had been mentored by Guy,  I would not have worried about you going so lo.  D Fly and I were looking at  this shoot all week, and were ready to help out if the numbers were there.

Sounds like you did great!!!!!

Lets try to fill this range next time and I will make the 10 hr drive :~

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

TheCount

A few pictures from the event.   Enjoy!

colonial shooter

Seems that you don't like the floppy red hat ::), I hope to have a regular one for you very soon.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

TheCount

Quote from: colonial shooter on September 29, 2009, 10:24:47 AM
Seems that you don't like the floppy red hat ::), I hope to have a regular one for you very soon.

No, I do, but there was a bit much wind for a floppy hat.    I did post an order with Bulkhead for a full instructors get up, btw.

colycat

Well, Count, you did have a sort of GREEN hat on. I was going to call you out on being out of uniform &)
But I guess you have a valid excuse.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine