News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN Sept 26/27

Started by DaveD, September 27, 2009, 08:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Excellent group of shooters in attendence, most new appleseeders,  with 17 on Saturday and 12 Sunday.
Local Boy Scout Troop served lunches.
Weather was cool with  a little rain late Saturday as we were wrapping up the day.

Added three rifleman Sunday afternoon.

Okay guy's and gal's give us your inputs.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

wooldl

Excellent, excellent program put on by the guys in Cloverdale. These guys are passionate about the program, about the history and about their shooting. This was my first Appleseed and I guarantee you it will not be my last. My first AQT scored a 173 and my best scored a 198. Didn't make Rifleman (yet).

I shot a CZ452 with stock irons.

Dave, Thank You, to you, Dave, ATM, Bill of Rights and all for two great days.

Sincerely,
Dale
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

ATM

The weather was nice and the shoot went very well. I observed something for the first time ever with this fine group of shooters: from the very first redcoat, there were several seconds of pause between the FIRE command and the first shots ringing out. Who's letting these secrets out??? ;D

With each instructional point we saw groups shrinking and smiles becoming more pronounced. The day was filled with those great moments when the shooters would try a tip which may have seemed absurd to them (i.e. reducing scope magnification or firing in cadence after verifying NPOA) and they saw their own undeniable results.

Very positive attitudes as the shooters and staff all seemed be loving what we were doing that weekend.
Hats off to the Boy Scouts, our host range, DaveD and the other instructors, and of course...

congrats to the new riflemen and kudos to those who will practice by the numbers and return to nail it next time!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

yellowhousejake

An outstanding weekend! These shooters gave DaveD's foam target line a very real torture test. By Sunday I was seeing foam blowing out the back from the tight groups being fired on the star targets. DaveD, you will need a repair kit to make it through next years season   :D

We saw some excellent groups Saturday morning, and they just got better as the weekend progressed. We had excellent weather for the shoot with Saturday's expected rain turning into sunshine and fair winds. Instructors paid for that when the heavens opened up while we tried to get in some rare trigger time afterwards.

A great group of shooters, who just made us look better as instructors. I look forward to seeing all of you on the line again.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Deuce

Thanks so much to you guys for such a great weekend!!   O0

And it was I who steadfastly refused to listen to the advice I have recieved several times to turn down the scope magnification......my scores were hanging out in the 190's and low 200's.

The last AQT of the day I took 2 rounds up to the line with my scope mag at 3 for the standing portion...when I realized how I had grabbed the wrong mag my wife and ATM were great at helping me get a few more rounds on target before the 2 min was up...and the results on that AQT??  227!!!

So, MUCH thanks to ATM and my wife Laura!!!   :)

And, a great job was done on the history, as usual.  ATM gave a particularly moving description of the events leading up to the second strike of the match...I had to keep an eye on my tear ducts at the end there!!...excellent work.

All of the guys did a great job helping us and it made for a great weekend!

I love the Appleseed project!

This afternoon, my wife was already nagging (er, I mean "suggesting") that I get a range built in the backyard ASAP...LOL...hope she doesn't check the forum! 

See you guys again soon!

Joe

Bill of Rights

This program cannot have enough good things said about it. We bring people to shoot, teach them how to shoot better, and send them out not as people who know how to shoot a rifle but as Americans who have been awakened. Sure, some will just roll over and go back to sleep; the others will persevere and persist until they become Riflemen.

I had a great time this weekend as I always do helping to make shooters into Awakened Americans and Americans into Riflemen.

Thanks to Cloverdale Conservation Club, my fellow instructors, and most of all, everyone who came out to shoot with us.

See you at the next shoot!

Blessings,
Bill
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams