News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Georgia roll call

Started by Appalacious, September 20, 2009, 04:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalacious

Since the forum's been redone, I think we need a new roll call.  Some people still don't have access to the new state boards.  Hopefully soon, though.   

So who is everyone?  How many instructors do we have in GA now?  Hopefully I'll change hat colors next weekend at the AL IBC.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

cannonman61

Cannonman61 in Hinesville Georgia ( That's near Savannah for all you Atlantans)  ;)

Nearby is SgtCap in Glennville and a new IIT, Anthony Howard here in Hinesville.

Covering the Hinesville range and others as needed.
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Buzzstrike

Buzz here in Newnan, Ga.  I'm a fair regular at the Toccoa AS and I'm working on becomming a IIT. 
Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

sanderman79

jollynator

Jolly from Valdosta.

IIT extraordinaire covering south central ga, ready to help in Ga. and N. Fl.

snaphook75

Snaphook here in Woodstock - still trying to figure out the new forum!

Appalacious

I hear ya.

Welcome gents.  There's more of us out there, but it looks like we see the most active represented here (save a few notable exceptions  ^-^)

Please reference sanderman's post earlier about what needs to be done in GA

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5992.0

Also, be on the lookout for IBC's coming through.  I'm going this weekend to (near) Birmingham for one.  We need to get more instructors if we want to have 1 'seed a month (or week).

J

yonah

Yonah,
Here in Alpharetta.
AKA Michael
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

StoneDog

StoneDog here, also from Suwanee.  Sanderman, wherebouts in Suwanee are you?  I'm walking distance from Riverside Elementary.

Not quite an IIT yet.  After I shoot expert again, this time with my AR, I'll step up.

Looks like I'll be attending the December shoot in Toccoa and hope to bring a few folks with me.
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

Appalacious

sanderman79

I live up the street from North Gwinnett High School.  Glad to see yall made it over to the new site.  I was kinda lonely here by myself for awhile.  I gonna be at Toccoa and Hinesville this year.  I agree that we need a IBC in GA this year.  All we need is 4 people to get one going.  We have a MI local who would love to teach some folks.  Yonah has single handedly got us a gun show presence in GA.  If you can go to the show this weekend in Atlanta stop by and see him and help him in the booth.

Raymon

jollynator

Sanderman79, you have two standing by in Valdosta for an IBC.  Tampa was a little too far to drive for both of us considering...

If you can get 2 more, the IBC will happen.

Jolly

jollymeister

Victor

DrJohn

John, here in the Brunswick-St. Simons area.  Plan to attend the Toccoa shoot in November.  Would love to have an IBC here in Georgia. 
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

caseyblane

Jacksonville, FL, but Buford High and North GA College alumni, attended most recent Hinesville shoot.

I'll be promoting GA events at the gun show in Jacksonville November 7th and 8th. Anybody want to come help? There is nobody to run the table on Nov 8th.
Casey
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

guitarzan

Guitarzan here.  I'm from Banks County. 

I went to my first Appleseed in March at Toccoa aka Mud Bowl.  I'll be back in Toccoa in November.  I'm tired of being a cook.
"She is a pretty good gun, I think."
                         John C. Garand

franklinfarmer

Also looking forward to the mud in about a week and tired of being a cook. 

---farmer, Dallas, GA
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Appalacious

Sounds good...Say hey to the hills for me, I'll be in Augusta.

Deadeye

Lawrenceville here.
I'd love to have an IBC. We can even have it at my house, if that's convenient for everyone. Let's make it happen, Cap'n!

johnpeace

Here I am in NE Georgia (north of Gainesville).

Preparing to don an orange hat and start helping out.

Appalacious

alex4922

Alex here in Habersham county. Look for you at the December Toccoa AS.
"A free society requires order, and order depends on restraint: yet it seems that the only kind of restraint compatible with genuine freedom is self restraint.'

Gearhack

Gearhack in Marietta, Ga. sorta like a suburb of Atlanta. Brand new to the IIT gig.

Col Barrett

Hey guys, so I am on the forum now. I attended the classroom training this last weekend in Hawkinsville or where ever we ended up. Now that I am on board, who do I PM or contact to update my status on my name to ITT?

For those of you who I didn't meet this weekend, I am located up in Woodstock. I have a ways to go before I will be ready for a red hat, but I am very passionate about what the organization is going. I am going to start working toward getting a location established in the Cartersville area to serve NW corner of the state. I have friend from up that way, but don't have an exact location yet. Hope to see many of you at different Appleseeds eventually.

franklinfarmer

Is honda man on this forum?  Maybe someone can pm me his contact info.  He was behind me on I75 Sunday night when there was a great deluge, and I never saw him come out the other side...
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Appalacious

Yeah, he's from Alabama, so he might have taken an exit.
J

banzi

banzi here, during the week I'm in Greenville, SC. On weekends I'm in Marietta.

Appalacious

Hey, I'm from G-ville.  Whats goin on up there?

Which shoots have you been to?

J