News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Georgia roll call

Started by Appalacious, September 20, 2009, 04:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benafrye

I am a newb (not neccesarily to shooting, but to shooting correctly) out of Flowery Branch. I heard about Appleseed a few weeks ago from Massad Ayoob's website (which I found out from Boston's Gun Bible *great book*) and quickly signed up for the March 6-7 Toccoa shoot. Looking foward to becoming a true rifleman.

Ben Frye

turnercm1776

I'm new to the forum and Appleseed, but not to shooting. I love what you guys are doing and I'm looking forward to getting out to my first try!

I'm originally from the Gainesville area, but live off of N Druid in Atlanta for the moment.

Turner

Appalacious

Welcome guys.  Have a good time and remember to check the egoes at the door.
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

turnercm1776

Quote from: Appalacious on March 01, 2010, 02:36:25 PM
Welcome guys.  Have a good time and remember to check the egoes at the door.

Naturally! Ego = Trouble. Always. Any time a man thinks that he's mastered something, he should realize that he doesn't know enough to understand how little he actually knows.

In saying that I'm not new to shooting, I mean only that I've pulled plenty of triggers... not that I know what I'm doing!  ;) I kid I kid! I sort of have an idea, but my fundamentals are more rusty than a sunken Japanese minisub. I'm excited to rebuild a foundation I started a long time ago but neglected to maintain.

The Guy's thread, "It's not easy being [OD] green" is spot on.

JJAGUNS

Justin here in Evans just North of Augusta have been to the last two in Augusta and last one in Gaston, S.C.

Piker

Kennesaw, GA
Shot a 239 at Waco in December 2010.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

TAZDevil

Steve Fiamengo; AKA TAZDevil
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

rej1022

Hey folks,
Currently live in SC, but will be moving to Marietta at the end of August so I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself.  Just got a 10/22 to build as a LTR and have been reading up on Appleseed.  What a great program.  Just what this country needs this day and age.  Hope to make it to Toccoa for the October shoot to give myself some time with my rifle before going.  Also planning on getting my wife involved.  I took her shooting for the first time a few weeks ago and she had a blast.  Not a bad shot either, I might add.  With some good instruction she should do well.

-Rob

Doug Carlton

Is enforcing the latest bit of bureaucratic insolence really worth anyone's life?