News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Volunteer(s) wanted for the Bakersfield,Ca. Gunshow

Started by Cal 7.62, August 31, 2009, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Bob210 is supposed to be arranging a table there. I have a stack of flyers for the upcoming (Sept.) Lemore,Ca. shoot  :~  and upcoming (Oct.) Bakersfield,Ca. shoot.  :~  I  have an LTR and M1A that I can display on the table as well. I will try to get a banner from V if he still has some left.  :-\  The last time I went to a Bakersfield gunshow it wasn't very big, plus this one's on a holiday (Labor Day) weekend to boot, not to mention we have two shoots going on that weekend as well. ::)  Just the same, I'm trying to get some fine folks out to our upcoming shoots. One or two appleseeders along with myself would be enough. What say ye,fellow riflemen and women? 
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

BaldDragn

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Cal 7.62

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

BaldDragn

DOHHH!
I'll be heading the other direction. Red Bluff next weekend.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

DesertDog

I'll be in the Belly of the Beast with Bob, JamesE, Camljr, Ryanstg and Aleeta
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Cal 7.62

Well it turns out the tables were all sold out  :(  (except a few no shows or latecomers)
but, a rifleman persists. :~  So with two clipboards full of Lemoore and Bakersfield flyers, I set out to convert the heathens   &) and preach the gospel according to Fred  ::) Met a lot of nice folks,  @)  talked up Appleseed,   :) ran into a few time vampires ( the kind that just want to keep talking and are not really interested but suck up your time) $$-0, met some armchair commandos who didn't need to learn how to shoot, ++) ran into a father and son who had been signed up for an 4/19 shoot up north (Fresno?) but couldn't make it  and considered it a donation to the cause.  O0  They eagerly accepted a flyer to the Bakersfield shoot and said they had already purchased a pair of Ruger 10/22's and had fitted them w/ tech sites. I saw them as they were leaving and they said they had just bought some 22's for the AS shoot. O0 Handed out flyers to lots of interested folks, many who were quite receptive  <:)
I seemed to have better luck standing outside the entrance and catching people as the were walking in. I talked to a few people inside but the vendors didn't seem too pleased to have me "stealing" their potential customers from in front of their tables.  >:( Another thing: Some people saw the clipboard and said "I'm not signing anything!" I thought that was funny!  **) All in all a wonderful day! Don't you wish all jobs were as hard as saving our country  ;)

P.S. I think the Instructor polo adds a touch of professionalism when dealing with the public.