News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Other Ranges??

Started by MontanaCZ, August 19, 2009, 06:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontanaCZ

So what about other ranges in the state?  What happened to the one that was going to come on line in Bitterroot?  It almost appears if we are the only ones in the state willing to teach some marksmanship.  How can that be?

-MontanaCZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

Mark Davis

I think we need a salesman.

MontanaCZ

I believe that glocker is a great sales person.  I also believe that people that could be helping .... ahh never mind. 

-CZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

glocker21

Rant mode on-

I have been putting out feelers all over the state, Bitterroot, Missoula, Kalispell, Billings, Butte...no takers yet. I was very excited in Three Forks when people from Kalispell showed interest in setting up a range...I exchanged emails and range host packs but have zero response to my queries in the past 3 months.

I think that when people realize I am not going to do it for them but that I will help them get the ball rolling they balk and fold.

Last year I put over 3000 miles on my truck traveling around the state talking to people and trying to get things done. Since then between surgeries, stress related illness, work schedule things have not progressed as quickly as I had hoped.

I get the ball started and help keep it on track NOT do it for them. That is the problem with people today...they want people to do it for them.

If I am not a fire and brimstone salesman so be it...I have fought hard for this state with Big Appleseed to keep us in the loop and to get shoots going ( how many were there last year, the year before?) Is it all my doing? NO...but I would like to think that I was able to spur desires to get shoots on the ball.

Rant mode off-

Just my .02

Glocker21 sends
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

MontanaCZ

My deepest, and humble, apologies to you glocker.  As usual for me, I should have inserted my keyboard into my mouth instead of typing. I will attempt to put some more meaning into what I was trying to really convey.  I also realize that it may just be us 3 now that can even see this thread.  I forgot about the recent board changes.

It was a poorly written attempt at frustrated sarcasm born from the lack of participation from other very good ranges in this great state.  While the state and ranges may be great, we seem to have cancer ridden yuppies that are running them!!  [hey, that is a pretty harsh treatment coming from me  :P].  It was not meant to be a slam against the vast efforts that you have put in glocker, or the efforts that clodhopper, misfit, shooter, maximus, or bru have put in either.  Maybe it should be more self directed.  Anyway, it was a rant mode poke at these other places, NOT the ones that have done anything about it.

I am truly sorry.  I should have just kept my yap shut.

-MCZ

glocker21

No worries CZ...I know that you were not jabbing at me. And please...neve keep your comments to yourself, if you do then nothing changes or gets better.

I am just getting tired of people who want something for nothing, people who want an Appleseed and boot camps and such in their area but will not lift a finger to make it happen. You see it in all volunteer organizations unfortunately.

I also get frustrated when I have been busting my read end and people think that I have been essentially doing nothing and not being a salesman for Appleseed. I have been trying to be the salesman for this state by traveling around the state, burning up phone lines, sending emails, etc. The long and the short of it is that I cannot and will not do something entirely for someone...they have to make some effort if they want something to happen.

Glocker21 sends
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese