News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

First Ever Simultaneous IBC's in the Same State!

Started by bob 210, August 17, 2009, 08:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Yes, CA does it again! It will be the weekend of September 12-13. One will be in Sacramento and the other in Piru. Please send me a PM if you are interested in attending. These are the folks interested so far:

Piru IBC: Junior Birdman  SB

Francis Marion
FM's friend
ASMinuteman
22Calgal
Dano

Sacramento IBC:  Dragonwood  SB

Eaglescouter
WW2 P51
Roos5150
Garand56
Norcal22gal
Balddragn
Jules

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bob 210

We have 2 folks signed up for the Piru IBC Sept 12-13. If we don't get at least 2 more, we will have to cancel this event, so make sure you pre-register.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

BaldDragn

The Sac IBC looks like we will have plenty of students (I know one more signed up last night) but we are a bit shy of instructors for doing positions and the mock Appleseed.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Camljr

Adapt, improvise, and overcome...

We have shooters do it at an Appleseed, why not have the "shooters/instructors" clear the line when done shooting?

Also, can have them do the demos and such for each other. They get it twice, once when they teach it, and again when they observe as another demos it.

Besides, what better way to pull Jules into the mix than to have her help out... ;)

YOU CAN DO THIS BD..... O0
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

eaglescouter

Quote from: BaldDragn on August 20, 2009, 10:43:03 PM
The Sac IBC looks like we will have plenty of students (I know one more signed up last night) but we are a bit shy of instructors for doing positions and the mock Appleseed.

BD, you need a model for demoing positions, just say the word!
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

bob 210

It looks like we are on for the Piru. These people are signed up.

Piru IBC: Junior Birdman  SB

Francis Marion  (never attended IBC before)
Marcus            (never attended IBC before)
ASMinuteman
22Calgal           (never attended IBC before)
Dano                (never attended IBC before)

This doesn't mean we can stop promoting. We have at least 5 IIT's that I know of that haven't been to an IBC.

Wanderer
Kelly's Hero
Digitadler
John
Shad

If any of you folks can make it, get signed up.

V

If it ain't on the schedule it ain't real...

Currently, Sacramento shows no SB and no instructors, rumors are its Dragonwood. Anybody liase to see what instructor numbers are needed.

Piru has JB, me and Jacques instructing/demoing.

We are at least doubling shoots next year, we need to be training instructors... we need all those orange hats we handed out this year who have not attended an IBC to get themselves to one to be ready for the onslaught. Women and under 21 attend free guys are $70. We can, if you do well, get you out of an IBC as an IIT3, thats 3 Appleseeds you'd have to do on the trail.

C'mon California, don't let us down.

PS. Before all you guys go out to take over the other states, you might like to look over the schedule and make sure that the California shoots not only have a shootboss but also have enough instructors. If you really want a challenge you can then look at the pre-regs and see what you can do to actually fill the lines at those shoots.

We have 18 shoots remaining this year in California. If we continue to do 5 - 10 preregs per shoot we aren't getting anywhere. We need 30-40 shooters on the line at each shoot.

30 million people and we're topping out at 104 rifleman.... please tell me it ain't so...

crak

I would be able to SB the Sacramento IBC.  Looks like there are flights.  I got time on my hands.  If you need me I'll do it.

Check your drama at the door.

V

Bob's post shows DragonWood as the SB for this, I'm just pointing out that the Instructor schedule is blank for this...

So unless we hear that DW can't make it I'm afraid you'll just have to suffer Appleseed withdrawal symptoms... I know what thats like... %)

Cheers
Phil

Quote from: crak on September 01, 2009, 03:09:16 PM
I would be able to SB the Sacramento IBC.  Looks like there are flights.  I got time on my hands.  If you need me I'll do it.

BaldDragn

All fixed.

DragonWood volunteered to do this for us some time ago but it just never got to the list.

Quote from: V on September 01, 2009, 03:22:32 PM
Bob's post shows DragonWood as the SB for this, I'm just pointing out that the Instructor schedule is blank for this...

So unless we hear that DW can't make it I'm afraid you'll just have to suffer Appleseed withdrawal symptoms... I know what thats like... %)

Cheers
Phil

Quote from: crak on September 01, 2009, 03:09:16 PM

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

V

So both Piru and Sacramento IBC's are all systems go!

Feel free to get more people to attend - there's plenty of room and over a week to go  &)

Cheers
V

crak

Quote from: V on September 01, 2009, 03:22:32 PMI'm afraid you'll just have to suffer Appleseed withdrawal symptoms...

No dice... there's always Nebraska.   :~
Check your drama at the door.

sespe

Plans have drastically changed for this weekend, and I may actually have time off!  Won't know until Saturday morning, so if you see me, I'm there.
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln