News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cliff's Notes for the Heritage Impaired

Started by CortJestir, August 13, 2009, 12:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

I ran across a book entitled Revolutionary Boston, Lexington, and Concord by Joseph Andrews M.D. at the airport on my way to Denver the other day. It's kind of like a Cliff's Notes version of the events of April 19, 1775. After having read Fischer recently (and again), my expectations were kinda low, but to my surprise, the author and contributors did a very nice job telling the "Three Strikes".

It's a combination summary of Fischer, Fleming, Galvin, McCullough, et. al. coupled with a Visitor's Guide of Bunker Hill, the Freedom Trail, Battle Road, Lexington and Concord (among others). It essentially covers everything we cover during the history (or heritage, as Buzzworth would say) portion of an Appleseed. So much so that I thought this Dr. Andrews must be an Appleseeder. He even talks about Dangerous Old(er) Men and Women towards the end of the book in a chapter he entitles "All Played a Part".

Is he associated with the Appleseed Project somehow? I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything.

Anyway, pick it up when you get a chance. It's a nice little addition to the bookshelves and a handy reference for the history portion of Appleseeds. And you can read the whole thing on a 3-4 hour flight, easy peezy.  O0

Edit to add: This is not to say this should replace any other volumes of history that should line your bookshelves!  &)
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

TaosGlock

I will second that! I got the book on e-bay awhile back. Lots of good tidbits to insert into the 3 strikes.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose