News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

possible So. FL site?

Started by Spitfire, July 13, 2009, 06:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitfire

http://www.broward.org/parks/range.htm

I found out about this place a month ago when the ammo shortage actually hit Palm Beach County.  I think the shortage has abated here for now, but that was the reason I stumbled on this place.  Palm Beach County ranges don't let you shoot your own ammo, you have to buy their overpriced, dirty ammo. heh 

anyway, this post is intended for the person in this region who contacts ranges to host Appleseed events.  (maybe it'll end up being myself!)  it's a public park, so I don't know if that is an issue.  the range goes out to 100 yrds.  plenty of hotels and food nearby.  if you need my help in setting this up, feel free to contact me.

Fred

Quote from: Spitfire on July 13, 2009, 06:14:44 AM

maybe it'll end up being myself...if you need my help in setting this up, feel free to contact me.

Spit, this really is shooting fish in a barrel.

Of course, you need to contact them.

And you need to be aware, unless there's multiple ranges/bays, they are unlikely to be willing to close a range for our use.

But if there are multiple ranges/bays, there is a chance.

But no chance at all, if you don't ask...

I suggest you send a PM to PHenry alerting him to this prospect, and keep him posted on what you are doing...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Spitfire

I'll be heading down there this weekend.  I'll start asking questions (gasp!) and getting contact information, etc.