News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BRADFORD Co. range is a go for August 29, 30

Started by douglas34474, June 07, 2009, 05:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas34474

The Mailman and I just returned from a recon mission to the BRADFORD Sportsmen's Farm.

We have range we can use and have a penciled in date of August 29 & 30, 2009.

The range available to us is the 600 yard range that we believe will accommodate 20 shooters. This is the easiest range for the club to shut down for our two day event. There is no sun shade so if we need it we will have to bring it. They do have tables they will move on location for us.

This is the smaller range, but to get to have an Appleseed in the Gainesville/Ocala area this is a good start. After the owner's see what we are all about we may be able to make this a regular event and get access to a larger range (longer line). I feel that when they learn who we are, things will get better.

ItsanSKS will have to get the paperwork going or get it to me to handle.

Here is a link to the ranges web page:

http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/Home/

Douglas

ItsanSKS

Nice work you two!

I spoke with mailman on the phone a few minutes ago, and will have the paperwork ready ASAP.  We are planning on a return trip next Sunday, arriving about 12-1pm.  I'll call them up Wednesday to coordinate our arrival.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Sgt Joker

I'm in Gainesville anything I can do now to help with the Bradford event, besides showing up? I can hit all the shops and stores if need be in the land of the liberals.

douglas34474

ItsanSKS

Host application hand delivered.  Range inspected, and will be satisfactory for 10-15 shooters. 

Other ranges "available" but will require us to get our foot in the door, and have a good showing of support from the local community- basically, if we can prove ourselves, we'll have our choice of ranges. 

This venue charges a $20 per person, per day fee.  Seems expensive, but it is what it is.  Perhaps this too, can change.

Lets work on drumming up some support for this venue- there's a whole host of options for promotions, if you need any details or materials, PM me with your address, and I'll get 'em out to you ASAP. 

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

douglas34474

Well, you know for sure I'll be there. ;D ;D

I'll see who else I can find around here.

Douglas

douglas34474

Sgt Joker

It is not listed on the Instructor sign up area as of yet so I don't have any idea who will be the SB or the Red Hats in attendance. I was wondering about the range layout if it will only hold 10-15 what about the extras who may show any plans to address that? I was also wondering about full distance as I've never seen that done anywhere but Ramsur. 

caseyblane

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

Sgt Joker

Bradford has it listed on their site as a go. So find your friends and locate some ammo and get ready!

Spitfire

Awesome, I'm probably going to Puryear, TN at the end of July.  I was also planning on going to Ramseur, NC in September, but this one is a lot closer and it's in August!  The Puryear A/S will be my first if I make it.  I was wondering why FL is so short on scheduled shoots.  Whatever the reason, maybe I can be some help in bringing Florida up to par.  Right now, though I have to get some sleep.  I'll be checking back later to get the fliers and do some more reading. 

caseyblane

Spitfire: I'm in Jacksonville, where are you?

ksuguy

I've been to this place before, it's a pretty nice range.   Went there back in January with my uncle and my younger cousin.   I'll send them an email about the event.  The last time we went out there, it was my cousin's first time shooting, and he really had a lot of fun.    Do you have event flyers yet?  I can send one of those to them.   

If you are doing another one the next time I am down there, I might go too.   

Spitfire

Casey, if your question was for me I'm in West Palm Beach.  I'm a novice shooter, only having shot pistols and shotguns before.  The threat of another "Assault Weapons" ban put a sense of urgency in me because I was planning to buy some type of AR for the longest time.  Anyway, I ended up ordering a 6.5 grendel and it took 5 months to get it. Now the REAL problem is getting ammo.  Haha.  I picked up a Ruger 10/22 for the Appleseed shoot in Puryear, TN. 

Spitfire

man, i really need some sleep. hehe.  Casey's post clearly has my name in it!!  =P

caseyblane

My shooting background and story is similar. I stumbled across Appleseed while looking for ways to improve my skills and searching for a Garand(which I have always wanted but found a new sense of urgency for pursuing). I hope to become more involved with AS in FL.

douglas34474

The last time I spoke with ItsanSKS he informed me that he was waiting for the range people to complete some of the paper work.

If any one has been to the Bradford Sportsman's Farm and knows the layout, we will be using the 600 yard range. This is a narrow range and will only hold at max 15 people. There is no cover, so if you can, bring some shade.

If we pull this one off we believe another range, with a larger number of spaces,will be available.

Douglas

ksuguy

Ok, let us know as soon as you get the event flyers made and I'll send one to my uncle.  I'm sure my cousin would love to go.  When we were there back in January, he didn't want to leave until they started closing the range down for the night. As soon as he went through one box of .22, he would go buy another.   

caseyblane

I don't think I will be able to swing it. The October event I registered for in Hinesville is still on and I've already made arrangements to go then. I would probably be interested in attending an event in the spring and will be glad to help promote this event. Let me know when the flyers are available too. I plan to go to the gun show in Jacksonville this next weekend and would be glad to try to hand some out. I also have some other ideas for local promotions.

ItsanSKS

This event is confirmed!

I have the completed Host Application in hand, and have forwarded it to the powers-that-be in Ramseur.

Visit the Bradford Sportsmen's Club website: www.BSFShootingSports.com

PHenry has agreed to be the ShootBoss for this event, and RickB (maybe) and myself will be the Red Hats in attendance. <:)  If you are an IIT, be sure to make it to this event, and bring your completed Progress Checks, so we can get you your well-deserved promotions!

(if you don't know what a Progress Check is, PM me to find out more)

Look for this event to be listed on the schedule SOON.  Fliers have been created, and are attached at the bottom of this message.

Be sure to pre-register for this event, as space is DEFINITELY limited at this venue, but the 600 yard range will make for a worthwhile experience.  Bring a center-fire rifle, as you may have the opportunity to shoot Full Distance AQT's!

Spitfire

Cool.  I'll definitely sign up as soon as I can.  Going to download the flier now and plaster the town!

douglas34474

How many are preregister for this event?

I'll get more fliers out, but this is a small event. I don't want to see too many show up for the range to handle.

Douglas