News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ebenezer McIntosh (like the apple?!)

Started by Old Glory!, June 10, 2009, 11:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

I picked up a second hand book called Liberty! How the Revolutionary War Began, a 2003 Scholastic book used in schools, originally published under the title The Liberty Tree.   The latter probably was a better version, maybe.  Anyway, I wanted to see what Scholastic was printing about the Revolutionary War. 

In it Ebenezer McIntosh, a shoemaker, is introduced as a leader of the Sons of Liberty in 1765, leading rebellion against the Stamp Act.   

His name peaked my interest.   McIntosh (like the apple - like Appleseed ^-^).  I just had to do a little more research and found this:
http://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/related/sons.htm

If you have a chance to read this, what are your thoughts?
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

smle

very interesting read. Marked the site to go back and see what else they have. O0

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

funfaler

Was this one of the groups that Paul Revere belonged to?  Not the time to research it, but Fischer discusses which groups Revere belonged and how he networked them together.

Be aware, there is a modern day group calling themselves "Sons of Liberty", not Appleseed related.  Their views are such that they disregard the 'Third Option"....

Hmmmmm....got me thinking about Apple Pie....the pastry, not the movie  ;D

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

smle

According to Fischer, Revere was also a member of the Sons of Liberty, altho the list is not in the book.

Now I want some apple pie,,, ala mode
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne