News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim PA DAR Appleseed 2010

Started by B9, June 08, 2009, 10:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NUGUN

A couple quick questions. I just picked up my rifle today. (was waiting for delivery and wasn't sure if it was going to arrive on time).

It's a 10/22 with the junky leaf sights. I don't know of any place that stocks the tech-sightsin the PA area, do you?

I did pick up some truglo fiber optic replacement sights. I find they help with focusing a bit as my eyes won't focus on the stock frontsight. They also have anelevation adjustment screw. Not as nice as the tech-sights but better than stock ones.

I am going to try to have them swapped out tomorrow. I tried on my own but couldn't get the old ones out. Even using a brass rod and hammer.

I also could not find a GI sling, not sure if you have any available for sale.  I do have a cheap walmart "super sling".

Will the above be manageable?
--
The N.U.G.U.N. Blog
http://nugun.wordpress.com

EZ3

Nugun, I am bringing a scoped spare 10/22, but don't have a spare sling.  I think the slings and tech sights are mail-order only.  I got by with a Walmart sling at my first (and only) Appleseed.  My daughter used a leather loop sling and did even better.  But her eyes are still good.  The tech sights are definitely worth it.  See you there.

PS  Per the Tech Sights instructions, the 10/22 front sight has to be drifted out left-to-right.  It also says to secure the barrel just below the front sight, and support the whole rifle to avoid bending the barrel.  Anyway, it worked for me
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

lprgcfrank

The instructors will have some slings to lend/sell as well as rifle's to loan out.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Frontsight

Nugun - I'll have a loaner 10/22 with the full AS setup if you need it.  French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville has 1 1/4" sling swivels and the setup for the 10/22 studs if you are close to them.  They also have 1" nylon slings that would be pretty close to the USGI if not exactly the same.  See you tomorrow.

NUGUN

A sincere thank you to all the Instructors and IITs that volunteered there time last weekend.  I had a great time.  Just finally got around to posting up my blog reports on attending the Appleseed.

http://nugun.wordpress.com/2009/11/28/the-appleseed-project-day-zero/

http://nugun.wordpress.com/2009/11/28/the-appleseed-project-day-one/

http://nugun.wordpress.com/2009/11/28/the-appleseed-project-day-two/

BTW, now that I have attended. I'd like to do a little more to support you guys. My blog is rather small. But I'd still like to put up a banner ad/link.  Do you have any graphics/logos for promotional use?
--
The N.U.G.U.N. Blog
http://nugun.wordpress.com

Big H

2010 Manheim, PA DAR dates:

February 20-21
March 20-21
April 17-18
May 15-16
June 19-20
July 17-18
August 21-22
September 18-19
October 16-17
November 20-21
December 18-19

Bring lunch on Saturday.
The Elstonville Eatery serves tasty, hot food at a reasonable price, but is open for Lunch on Sunday only.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11142.0
Print and distribute the flyer. Invite family, co-workers, friends. If they already know how to shoot, invite their spouses, kids, grand-kids. Help us teach the Heritage of the American Rifleman, and awaken sleeping Americans!

CRUISEMAN72

I REALLY WANT TO GO  to the june event but all i have are:

2- 91/30's

2- k-98's

would it be worth my time to go

i dont want to buy a hunting rifle.. they are  good at 50 yards but at 100 well i need some help there

LEE

lprgcfrank

Come on out!  We'll lend you a Ruger 10-22 so you can take advantage of all of the training.  Just bring a brick of .22lr.
We do most of the shooting at 25 meters.  Sunday afternoon we go to 100 yards.  You can get some trigger time with you other rifles too!
Frank

Quote from: CRUISEMAN72 on May 11, 2010, 09:05:25 PM

2- 91/30's

2- k-98's

i dont want to buy a hunting rifle.. they are  good at 50 yards but at 100 well i need some help there

LEE
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

kDan

ain't nothing wrong with a k98!  Maybe practice rapid dry-firing a bit before you come out.  Just don't work the bolt all the way back so's to lock it behind the follower, and go prone in your living room for a few minutes at a time.

Borrowing one of Frank's 10/22's is a good (and less expensive) way to go as well.  Reloads are certainly easier and faster.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

CommonSense

2- 91/30's

2- k-98's

LEE

I'm bringing my 91/30 this weekend, and a 10/22.  Bringing my father on Saturday, and he's insisting on using his M1 carbine - despite ammo costs.  I plan on using the 10/22 and the 91/30 for Saturday, and just the 91/30 for Sunday's longer range stuff.  At least ammo is cheap for the 91/30, and if your shoulder can take the abuse, I'd say to go for it!

This will be my first Appleseed, and depending on how things go, I'm hoping to find out more about what it takes to have one at a range closer to home.....
-Darryl

lprgcfrank

Quote from: CommonSense on May 13, 2010, 11:14:05 AM

2- 91/30's

2- k-98's

LEE

I'm bringing my 91/30 this weekend, and a 10/22.  Bringing my father on Saturday, and he's insisting on using his M1 carbine - despite ammo costs.  I plan on using the 10/22 and the 91/30 for Saturday, and just the 91/30 for Sunday's longer range stuff.  At least ammo is cheap for the 91/30, and if your shoulder can take the abuse, I'd say to go for it!

This will be my first Appleseed, and depending on how things go, I'm hoping to find out more about what it takes to have one at a range closer to home.....

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Frank

Livefreeusa

Hey all,
This is my first post and my first A.S.
I do have some questions.... First... What time should I be there on Saturday May 15??? And is there any place to park my camper on Sunday as I will be going home right from the range?
Please get back to me asap. I'm not too good with this computer or this website so here's my email so you could contact me that way too. ivyfarm@ptd.net I would give out my phone # but the wife would shoot (I mean hit me in the head with a pan) me

Thanks for all your help
livefreeusa
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

Sie

We start around 8:30 a.m., so get there sometime before then.  The Manheim range has a fairly large parking lot, so you should have no problem parking with your camper on Sunday.  I hope this helps.  See you this weekend.

Quote from: Livefreeusa on May 13, 2010, 08:32:52 PM
Hey all,
This is my first post and my first A.S.
I do have some questions.... First... What time should I be there on Saturday May 15??? And is there any place to park my camper on Sunday as I will be going home right from the range?
Please get back to me asap. I'm not too good with this computer or this website so here's my email so you could contact me that way too. ivyfarm@ptd.net I would give out my phone # but the wife would shoot (I mean hit me in the head with a pan) me

Thanks for all your help
livefreeusa
"Ramseur 2-10!"

Livefreeusa

Thanks  a lot.  Is there any talks after or at the campground? I'll be staying at pinchpond...
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

CRUISEMAN72

thanks
i'll see u in june
vacation is coming up, week of 23 may.
so i need money for that.
i really really want to get better with my rifles lets hope this works

thanks   LEE

EZ3

Quote from: CRUISEMAN72 on May 14, 2010, 06:23:01 PM
thanks
i'll see u in june
vacation is coming up, week of 23 may.
so i need money for that.
i really really want to get better with my rifles lets hope this works

thanks   LEE

Check the link on the forum for "After Action Reports".  It works!    :)
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

veganfarmer

June 19/20

Any Pinch Pond campers?  I just rented a tent site and probably there is room for at least a couple tents per tent site.

See you there!

jordanch68

I'll be there again, signed up for the June 19th-20th slot.

Big H