News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim PA AAR June 19-20 2010

Started by Big H, June 21, 2010, 09:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big H

We had a splendid Appleseed Father's Day week-end! We had challenging temperatures in high 80's to low 90's with very high humidity, a brilliant sun overhead heating up the rifles to burning temperatures, and occasional puffs of breeze to provide some relief. At least, it wasn't raining. Instructors provided 3 portable shades. Shooters learned to adapt, improvise, overcome with frequent shade and hydration breaks, covering the rifles to prevent burns, and generous applications of sunscreen.

28 shooters, beginners to advanced, from PA and surrounding states, came to learn on Saturday, and 16 returned on Sunday to drink deeply from the Appleseed firehose of marksmanship and heritage, and to make new patriotic friends. The final Redcoats showed great improvements.

Thanks to IIT1 tatical308 for terrific instruction and the Huge carport shade and lemonade and special awards- you sure earned your promotion to IIT2! Also thanks to IIT4 Sie for doing most of the instruction- you made my job as Shoot Boss easy- Congratulations on earning the Instructor's Red Hat! Thanks to lprgcfrank for the usual outstanding mentoring and instruction.
Our host range welcomed us with great facilities, including a 100 yard range with a view of the stocked fishing pond and a tasty Eatery for Sunday lunch.

2 Rifleman patches were earned: Paul with 211, and Andy who shot 218 and took up the Orange Hat as a new IIT. Congratulations!
On Sunday, we took 3 shooters to the 100 yard range, where they saw for themselves that the instruction at 27 yards also works at 100.

Thanks to all the shooters for bringing persistence and a teachable attitude- you make my job easy.   O0

Please post comments and photos.

DesMan

Thank You to Big H and all the instructors for a great weekend. I'm afraid I didn't shoot very well this time, but I now know what I have to practice and I will be back soon to earn my rifleman patch.
Thank you again for everything,
Ed

lprgcfrank

Quote from: DesMan on June 21, 2010, 02:17:17 PM
Thank You to Big H and all the instructors for a great weekend. I'm afraid I didn't shoot very well this time, but I now know what I have to practice and I will be back soon to earn my rifleman patch.
Thank you again for everything,
Ed
Ed,
Looking forward to your coming back.  Practice the positions and dry-fire and you'll see improvement when you're back!
Frank
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Sie

Here are some photos from this past weekend.  I will post some more later.
"Ramseur 2-10!"