News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Paul Revere's Ride" available online--partially

Started by funfaler, June 07, 2009, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

In the course of doing some research, found this location that has a good portion of the book, Paul Revere's Ride, online.

Can't download or save it, but it is there for reading.  Might be handy for some folks.

http://books.google.com/books?id=knC-kTFI9_gC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0#PPP1,M1

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

jmdavis

Even though I am logged in, I get the that topic is "either missing or off limits to you" message.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Junior Birdman

Hmm.... I have access, but it goes to someting totally unrelated to PRR.

FF, you been drinking again?  ;D
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

funfaler

QuoteFF, you been drinking again?

It's "still".......

Sorry all, I fixed it... :o :P

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

jmdavis

Darn, page 257 is not available online. That's my favorite story. There's nothing like a few "Dangerous Old Men" to solve a problem.

That said, I don't want to hear JB tell it, again. When he does it, I get more choked up than when I tell it myself.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

eaglescouter

Looks like a viewing limit of about 45 pages.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)