News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno RBC August '09

Started by artkat2, June 05, 2009, 01:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artkat2

Hello CA Appleseeders.
I am going to make every effort to make this RBC. I should know enough to pre-reg in 4-6 weeks...Now for the questions.
 The info on the schedule says free camping at the range but no sewer & no water. Will there be an outhouse for the week? I would be truck or tent camping so no hookups needed, just want somewhere to "read the paper".
 What about water, does the range have a structure nearby with a hose bib? Again nothing serious I only want to be able to fill a water jug for each day. Fresno? Last of August? Maybe 2 jugs each day.
 Was it Fred that asked "ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?"? Sounds like fun to me.
 As we get closer I may call on an instructor or an ASer for the loan of a rimfire. I know you instructors are glad to lend 'em out for weekend events, but is asking for a Boot camp out of line? Not sure if it's needed yet but I will post again
 I can't beleive I'm looking forward to a week outdoors in Fresno, in August but Appleseed has me hooked, can't wait!
 Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

SavageShootr

Hi artkat

The people who run the range out in Fresno said the water is not potable. Something about slightly more than an allowable mineral. If you have those water tablets that purify it, it would be fine. They said it just missed it. It is not reclaimed water.

There is more than an outhouse. They actually have a real bathroom next to the office. It would be on the opposite side of the office from where you are camping, but the walk there would be doable. No showers in the bathroom but better than an outhouse (there are a few of those too)

I am working on getting up to Fresno for the week. I am scheduled to be there the weekend after. If I go, it would not be a problem to loan a rifle. I am going to be at the RBC in two weeks in Piru, CA. I'm not sure I'll be able to make them both.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

There is a fair chance we will be bringing up a portable hot shower for this event too and there are port-o-johns at the firing lanes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SavageShootr

Quote from: bob 210 on June 05, 2009, 01:05:53 PM
There is a fair chance we will be bringing up a portable hot shower for this event too and there are port-o-johns at the firing lanes.

Oh yeah, port-o-johns, not outhouses. That's what I get for posting at 5 AM. I should have been sleeping.  ;D
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

artkat2

Thanks Savage shooter & Bob210.
   Outhouse, poly john, green room...etc as long as I can sit down I'm happy. A hot shower on the other hand sounds pretty good.
  Bob210,
Will Appleseed be returning to San Luis Obispo any time in the forseeable future?
  Savage shooter,
We'll see how it pans out. I appreciate the tenative offer. BTW expect a PM shortly regarding your handle. I'm Curious.
   Thanks
Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Double D

let me see if I can make it up there this week and take photos of the areas that we are allowed to camp.  I need to talk to the range folks to see what we need to do to clean up the camping area.

i'll see you there artkat.
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

artkat2

Double D
Don't make a special trip for me, then again if you need an excuse to get to the range, then by all means, blame me! I'd sleep in a poison oak patch to be able to make this week.
  See you there.
Andy
George S. Patton jr

Double D

No special trip needed :).  I have to drop off flyers and such to them as it is.  I also need to check in to see if they need any help getting the area setup for us.  also gives me a chance to practice  >:D
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

AR10

what to expect for the campers at FRPC

The problem with the water at FRPC is not viral or bacterial it is high level of nitrates, water purification tablets will only add to the taste.  the water should be fine for washing.  also their outhouse is a brick one with a his and her side with running water (cold).  just make sure that there are enough supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap) on hand.  try to get some trash cans in the camp site.  this will help keeping place clean and your sleeping quarters cleaner.  watch out for furry critters both flying (bats) and on the ground (mice and others), and rattle snakes.  the gopher and king snakes are harmless.  the other 4 legged wild life will usually avoid humans as much as possible.  also check to see if camp "commander" can get a "gate" key for the evening.

for food there is pizza place (me n eds) that will deliver to the club, i would tip the delivery guy at least $5.  there are a bunch of places to eat out and grocery stores all less than 10 minutes away.  there is a big five nearby.

if i don't make it, have fun, it is outdoor camping at its finest.

george (:

artkat2

Thanks AR10
  Good intel. Sounds like a good time to me!
Andy
George S. Patton jr

eaglescouter

It's time for the last minute signup rush to take place.

Thus far it looks like a small group for the RBC, but that just means more fun!
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

SavageShootr

AR10

Thanks for the information.  O0

SS