News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinesville range needs your support!

Started by cannonman61, May 28, 2009, 08:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonman61

To all who have attended an Appleseed in Hinesville or who hope to in the future!

Our range has been closed!

The land owner has been enjoined and forced to shut down by a new "neighbor" who did not do his homework and bought a piece of land ajoining the range and has been fussing to the law about the noise and the "live rounds hittin his property".

Tim has been forced to close the range and is searching for a solution. He has agreed to move the range 180 degrees and move and extend all berms in length and height. This will take time and money.

Please, if you have the time and inclination, call or write Tim and thank him for his past support and encourage him to stay the course and work towards getting all the kinks worked out so we can resume our partnership with him for our next shoot. We had a mini planned for next weekend and one in June and September as well as the full shoot planned for in October. all of which are now in jeporady.

The Range owners name is Tim Works and you can look him up in the online phone books like Anywho.com and find an address and phone number. He also runs the BBQ place we used at the last to events and his son Owns the "Mission Essential" gun shop some Appleseeders use to secure their supplies. Tim lives in Long County in the Ludowici area and you can find #'s and addresses for Mission Essential in the town of Hinesville.

I will try to keep you all posted on what happens here, but it looks tough right now and Tim and company could use some encouragement.

CM
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Son of Martha

Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

Appalacious

Thanks for the heads up.  This is always the hardest part about operating a range.  Neighbors.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

cannonman61

You can find Tim at his business: The Clubhouse at Rye Patch in Ludowici Georgia.

DuaneRN

WTF?!

(what the flip?)

What happened to caveat emptor and all those other fancy latin phrases like the range was there first.  I have seen the house that the guy is building in relation to the range.  If he missed the range, he is stoopid.

jollynator

!@#) !@#) !@#) !@#)

That sux!!

What can I do to help?

jollynator

ken grant

I seem to remember that somewhere in a Ga. Law that an existing range was Grandfathered in and couldn't be forced to close .

I would try to get the NRA involved in this.

jollynator

No need for the NRA.

Official Code of Georgia 41-1-9

Shooting range protection act of 1997.

http://www.gssa.com/Ranges/Range%20Protection%20Bill.doc

Good luck!

jollynator

caseyblane

Oh no! I'm so excited about coming. I just pre-registered the other day. I have 3 definite friends that want to come and about a dozen maybes that all want to come up from the Jacksonville, FL area. Please keep us updated.
Casey
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

SGTCap

Quote from: jollynator on May 29, 2009, 10:42:23 AM
No need for the NRA.

Official Code of Georgia 41-1-9

Shooting range protection act of 1997.

http://www.gssa.com/Ranges/Range%20Protection%20Bill.doc

Good luck!

jollynator

I will make sure that makes it into Tim's hands.

caseyblane

Is there any update on the Hinesville range situation? I have 10 friends definitely planning to come and 30 that are interested but are not definite. I know of only two others besides myself that have registered. But, once I know its a sure thing I'll work on getting them to register and work on the maybes.
Thanks,
Casey

cannonman61

As of my last report, The range is already partialy open again and the reorientation should be done long before our shoot. I will double check again at my meeting with range owner the 26th but as of now I'd say register and get all you can to come.

If anything changes we will let you know in advance, but I doubt they will.

CM

caseyblane

Great! I will keep working on it. I'm looking forward to coming.

sanderman79

We are gonna have a work weekend on August 22 and 23.  I started another thread so we can keep track of who is coming to help us out.  We need to make sure that we can keep this range open for Appleseed and everyone else.

Hinesville Work Weekend

Raymon