News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento mini June 6th 09

Started by BaldDragn, May 11, 2009, 12:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

I'll be hosting a one day Mini Appleseed at the Sacramento Valley range on June 6th, (see Sacvalley.org for directions). Regular range fees apply, $10 for non members, $3 for members.

My goal is to give our new IITs a chance to get familiar with the duties of an instructor, any IIT2s and IIT3s a chance to practice being Line Boss, and all of us the opportunity to tell history at lunch break. This is a great time for us all to freshen up as the Sacramento Appleseed will be one week later.

Also this is great timing for all the shooters still looking for that 210 score to get in some quality time with their favorite rifle under near Appleseed conditions, plus get all the instruction of a regular Appleseed for just the range fees. I have a stack of practice targets and QDAQTs (our standard AQT) just begging for ventilation. We will spend the morning on the practice targets and move to AQTs in the afternoon.

I will be there from 08:00 to 17:00 (8:00AM to 5:00PM), and we should be under way by 09:00. Full day participation is recommended but not mandatory.

Come and take part of the fun!
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

eaglescouter

The Mrs. and I will be there, thanks for putting this together for all of us!
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

vincewarde

Kudos for doing this event.  I don't know if I will be able to make it (the wife and I have a wedding at 2:00pm in Placerville).  Any chance of shooting the AQT before 10:30 or so?

BTW, I'll be attending again soon with one of my daughters who is totally jazzed about going!

God Bless!

Vince Warde

BaldDragn

Thanks Vince.

I don't think I can get an AQT in that fast, my main purpose for the mini is to give the new instructors in the northern California area a chance to practice their duties before the Sacramento Appleseed coming up the next week. Part of that is showing them how we will progress our shooters from the beginning, too getting them ready to shoot AQTs. There are many steps to getting a shooter ready and many things that need to be covered and an order to the process that I would like to teach the IIT's. Tossing a AQT in early would derail the train of instruction. Sorry I can't get the AQT in.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Quote from: vincewarde on May 31, 2009, 02:12:26 AM
Kudos for doing this event.  I don't know if I will be able to make it (the wife and I have a wedding at 2:00pm in Placerville).  Any chance of shooting the AQT before 10:30 or so?

BTW, I'll be attending again soon with one of my daughters who is totally jazzed about going!

God Bless!

Vince Warde

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

vincewarde

Not a problem - I completely understand.  That's why I asked.  It would have been a crazy day anyway.   #)

I may sign up for Sunday the 14th.  I am sure that I'll have an opportunity then.  We can't do Saturday because it's the wife's last chance to get data past 100 yards for her .270 before our pig hunting trip in early July.

I'm still working to get the cadets out to a future Appleseed.

Hope to see you on the 14th!

Vince

BaldDragn

For those people coming to the Sacramento mini this weekend, check in and take care of your range fees at the main office (see Sacvalley.org for directions) and let them know that you will be shooting at the Appleseed mini. They will direct you the range we will be shooting on.

Our "Course of Fire" will approximate the first day of an Appleseed, with time for AQT's in the afternoon.

If you have any questions please PM me and I will answer as soon as I can.

SAPPER STEEL!

eaglescouter

Thanks to BaldDragn for hosting the first Sacramento Mini.  He got us set up on a remote bay, away from any other action at the range.  Checkin was easy and fast.  We ran through the line commands, some of the finer points of coaching participants on the steady hold factors, and we sent some lead downrange.

A gentle breeze was keeping conditions nice until about noon, when it became a stout wind that required us to take down the popup canopies before they could be damaged.  Even tho it was windy in the afternoon we still kept going.

All who participated learned something that they can use.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)