News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A oustanding read on the minute men

Started by jstnstein, May 09, 2009, 03:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jstnstein

I had always been tought that the minute men who responded on the 19th of april 1775 were farmers and shopkeepers who just grabbed there rifles and "ran to fight" that was my belief until i read THE MINUTE MEN  by John R Galvin and that book not only is a wealth of knowlage about the minutemen there creation leading up to the rev war but showed the events of that day as something wholy different than  what i was tought in the public schools. the one fact that stuck out in my mind is that by the end of that day there were over 4000 minute men that were directly involved in the event, and possibly as many as 10000 that were on the march trying to get to the events of that day. All in all it was a oustanding read, opened my eyes on the militia that formed our country i give it 5 stars!
Courage is rightlyesteemed the irst of human qualities. Because it is the quality that guarentees all the others-Churchhill
Fear can keep a man out of danger but only courage can support him in it.