News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ALL FEMALE APPLESEED!!! WAYLAND, IOWA MAY 30-31, 2009

Started by SavageShootr, May 01, 2009, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

Hey IOWA have you heard about the ALL FEMALE APPLESEED coming up on May 30-31? This is one that will be talked about for a long time to come. Come out and be a part of this monumental Appleseed.

Ladies, if you have been waiting for the right time to attend an Appleseed, this is it!

Fellas, if you have been waiting for the right Appleseed to send the wife to, this is it!

This will be an ALL Female Instructor, as well as an ALL Female shooter event. Sorry Guys, this one is for ladies only!

Come out and learn about the Heritage of this Great Nation while you learn how to shoot a Rifle, accurately, out to 500 yards. Learn about the Brave Women of April 19, 1775. Learn how the events of the Revolutionary War unfolded.

The link to register as well as the contact person is below. The event is limited to 25 shooters, so make sure you get your spot. The only way to guarantee your spot on the line is to pre-register.

Range: Wayland Liberty Base

Address: 2630 Henry Washington St
             Wayland, Iowa 52654

When: May 30-31, 2009 Female ONLYAppleseed

Range Fee: $5.00 per person/day

Camping available: primitive camping on site

Hotels:  are within 15 miles

Directions: US-6 West, Turn LEFT onto US-6/IA-1/S RIVERSIDE DR. Continue to follow S RIVERSIDE DR., Stay STRAIGHT to go onto OLD HIGHWAY 218 S/S RIVERSIDE DR. Continue to follow OLD HIGHWAY 218 S., Merge onto US-218 S/IA-27 S., Turn RIGHT onto IA-78., Turn RIGHT to stay on IA-78.,  Turn LEFT to stay on IA-78., Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto IA-78/GRAHAM AVE. Continue to follow IA-78.,  Turn LEFT to stay on IA-78., Turn RIGHT onto BENTON AVE, BENTON AVE becomes HENRY WASHINGTON ST. to end at 2630 Henry Washington St., Wayland, IA 52654-9505 
Range sits one mile North of State Route 78. Signs will be posted.

GPS: N/A

State Laws to be aware of: Rifles must be in cases, ammo must be in a different container. Check State Laws.

Misc:  25 meter only at this time. While both Centerfire and Rimfire are OK, bring the .22's and save money on ammo. This event is on private land.
May 30-31 is the Inaugural event at this venue, and is a female only Appleseed.

For More Information Contact: Rick Marlar subvet@farmtel.net 319 750 1274 cell# (range owner) or contact DinkyDao at OH@Appleseedinfo.org She will be the Shoot Boss for this event

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/334302909 

Come out and see what all the fuss is about.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Whisker

Congrats on making this event happen!

I'm looking forward to seeing more Appleseeds of this sort in the future.

I'm proud to see my home state hosting this too.
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

SavageShootr

Quote from: AFTERMATH on May 02, 2009, 12:07:30 AM
Can we watch? <:)

Now, that is a good question. After all, we ask that everyone asks questions if they are unsure about any aspect of the Instruction. If you had that question, chances are someone else did too.  :-X 

So Good question. Thank You for asking.

The answer is NOOOOOO!!!!!!  &)

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

LayloPro

Heh! Watch out for our Savage.....she's like that sometimes!! **) **) **) O0

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

loves2hunt59

Hey Savage,   Sounds GREAT!!   Next Question : If I bring my 16 year old daughter for Saturday do you have a place for Dad to hide out whilst he's NOT watching/ hovering??? ::) @)

SavageShootr

Quote from: loves2hunt59 on May 08, 2009, 04:09:31 PM
Hey Savage,   Sounds GREAT!!   Next Question : If I bring my 16 year old daughter for Saturday do you have a place for Dad to hide out whilst he's NOT watching/ hovering??? ::) @)

That is a great question!! We should find out if there is a shooting range nearby, 'cause this one is on private property.

Anyone know if there is a range in the area for the guys to go to?

Maybe there are chores to be done off the range area..... Any ideas out there you guys?

I hear there are a few of the fellows taking care of the kids that weekend... I wonder if any of the guys need help changing diapers.   **)
~SS

Bill 3

I'm bringing .5(daughter) to the shoot.  Have asked Subvet1 if any help is needed with setup, cooking, logistics, etc.  Figure if someone puts a "Manservant" hat on me, I might be able to act as water boy and photographer...... O0

No tying to a tree though, or the target line......

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

SavageShootr

Just a few days left until the FIRST EVER ALL FEMALE APPLESEED!!!!!

Ladies, this event is being watched by the ENTIRE COUNTRY!!

Get out there and show the rest of the Country what you can do.

LET'S GET GOING LADIES! If you are signed up, GREAT, I hope you are bringing a friend.

If you are not signed up, why not? There is still room on the line. Let's see if we can get that line filled up.

Old Glory!

No doubt, this will be an historic event! 

I can think of a few times in the past that women have banded together for support and for a specific mission.   The women of 1775 were made of some pretty strong stuff.  So let's put our heads (and our hearts) together and see what happens.  I look forward to seeing how this may inspire more women to join in the Appleseed mission, and have a positive affect on this great nation.   

I signed up yesterday and sent out an e-mail to some of my female friends.  Received many excuses, but might be bringing a cousin along.  Bless her heart!

Can someone pm me with a hotel recommendation in the area?  Thanks for your help.

p.s.  Good work on pursuing a "Women and Guns" article. O0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Old Glory! on May 27, 2009, 01:28:23 PM

Can someone pm me with a hotel recommendation in the area?  Thanks for your help.

Kori and Kira are staying at the Super 8 in Mt Pleasant IIRC (Super 8 Mt. Pleasant 1000 North Grand Avenue, Mount Pleasant - (319) 385-8888). It's about $50/night, but I'll confirm with Kori.

Old Glory!

Quote from: MisterAnderson on May 27, 2009, 04:26:53 PM
Quote from: Old Glory! on May 27, 2009, 01:28:23 PM

Kori and Kira are staying at the Super 8 in Mt Pleasant IIRC (Super 8 Mt. Pleasant 1000 North Grand Avenue, Mount Pleasant - (319) 385-8888). It's about $50/night, but I'll confirm with Kori.

Sounds great.  Thanks
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

zercool

Well, I booted TheBlonde onto an airplane around 3pm this afternoon, and she's safely arrived in Moline, IL. She's Gramma's problem 'til Friday, then yours!

Y'all take good care of her, y'hear?  ;)

Bill 3

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Old Glory!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. 

Camping depends on who is coming along with me. :-\  I'm all up for camping, but hoteling is more appealing to the gals I invited, and if they agree to come, then hoteling it will be.  Otherwise, I'll take our hosts up on the primitive range camping. 

Ladies, I have fashioned an iron-on rocker, of sorts, specifically for this event that will work with the Appleseed T-shirts.  So I'll be packing my iron.   :D

SavageShootr

Wow it looks like this event is to be really unique. An iron on rocker for this event? Good job OG!

Have a great time all.

I thought if I had gone, that I would have flown into Moline. I have family there also.

~SS

Trisha

I must say that I can't wait for this weekend. I have been looking forward to it since I first heard about it awhile back. I can't wait to meet all of you either tomorrow night or saturday morning!

Maryetta

I'll be there from West Virginia.  I look forward to getting to meet everyone!!  I appreciate it that Dinky took the time to call me today to let me know about this shoot, unfortunately I rarely have time to monitor the entire forum to see what's going on - I would have missed this completely if she hadn't called today - so THANKS DINKY!

"Beware. Beware of the thing that is coming.
Beware of the risen people, who shall take what ye would not give.
Did you think to conquer the people? Or that law is stronger than life, or than man's desire to be free?"
Padraig Pearse

Old Glory!

Quote from: SavageShootr on May 28, 2009, 02:06:53 PM
Wow it looks like this event is to be really unique. An iron on rocker for this event? Good job OG!

Have a great time all.

I thought if I had gone, that I would have flown into Moline. I have family there also.

~SS

Trisha, Sue and I will be going thru Moline about 6:00 p.m., so let us know if we need to stop at the airport! ;)  Hotwire/standby, whatever....you still have time.  pm inbound

SavageShootr

Dang it OG now you tell me  ::)

Wish I could be there, I know this is an exciting Appleseed.

Maryetta,  I hope you are dragging a couple of friends along with you. This is a unique opportunity.

Way to go Ladies! The eyes of the Appleseed Nation are upon you. I know the women of April 19th 1775 are smiling.

~SS