News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guided Tour of Battle Road, October 11, 12, & 13, 2024 - discount possible

Started by BluegrassColonel, March 06, 2024, 11:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluegrassColonel

There is a guided bus tour of Battle Road in October 2024 and is being lead by the authors of the book on April 19, 1775, "A Single Blow," by Phillip S. Greenwalt and Robert "Rob" Orrison. Mr. Orrison has offered volunteers with Project Appleseed a 10% discount ($25.00 off $250.00 for the tour only) if 5 or more of our volunteers register.

In order to receive the discount, Mr. Orrison suggested that you e-mail him (emergingrevolutionarywar@gmail.com) and state you are a volunteer with Project Appleseed in the e-mail for the discounted price.

I told Mr. Orrison about Project Appleseed and he stated, "Thanks for the followup, I've been spending some time on your website, fascinating project!  Sounds like your members would be very knowledgeable of the events on April 19th."  And, "It is always encouraging to see that there are people out there who are interested in our history!"

He also let me know that as of today, they are down to 13 tickets left.

If you decide to go on this trip, please let me know!  I would love to buddy up with others and compare notes.

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff
"Bluegrass Colonel"
615-496-7405
appleseedtn@gmail.com
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

BluegrassColonel

After some further correspondence about Project Appleseed and our mission to pass along American History and Heritage with Mr. Rob Orrison (organizer of the tour and co-author of the book "A Single Blow: The Battle of Lexington and Concord and the Beginning of the American Revolution"), he sent me the following message:

QuoteGreg -
 Thanks for sharing, my colleagues and I spent most of the night on your website lol  Embarrassed to say I had not heard of it before you reached out. I shared with my father in law who is an advid gun collector (historic and modern). He just retired and likes history.

If members email me for a ticket, I can send them a link to register (or answer any questions). Though sounds like you all are very well versed in the events of April 19th, so watch out we may pull you into the tour discussion!

Thanks again for supporting our tour, our goal is to share the history and honor men on both sides (though we tend to be a little biased towards the Colonists lol). Most of us in our group work at museums and historic sites, far too often I have found history is being politicized and the past weaponized (demonized actually). Sad..but glad to see there are groups like yours out there!

Rob

I believe our Mission has an untapped potential in scholars and researchers of the history we present.  We just need to persist in getting the word out to them.

Greg
"Bluegrass Colonel"
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Nashville Stage

I'm interested, assuming we can find some lodging that's affordable. I'll be in TX for a job the weekend before that, so I'm halfway tempted to just fly from there and spend the week in the area wandering the path.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."