News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Phoenix Arizona IBC AAR 2/17-18 2024

Started by Mrs. Smith, March 03, 2024, 09:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Phoenix 2-24!!!

First, a shout out to the stars of the weekend: the instructors and IITs who came out to practice and refine their craft.

Rear: Hoss, Gunnar, GoneFishing, Mahamotorworks
Middle: Suman, Victory19
Front: Procyon, Mrs. Smith, Kelly42a, Mr6Actual

We took some time to introduce ourselves, then got down to business.  A couple folks have been out of the game for some time, and some and brand new. We had the full spectrum and everybody was ready to learn and work.

I think the photos will speak for themselves!

Hoss and Kelly present the Safety Briefing on a beautiful morning

Inside, Suman and Mr6 do the same

Sling Use!

Six Steps!

Prone!

Talking Targets

Inches, Minutes, and Clicks

Seated

Standing

More pics to see at https://imgur.com/a/TlRTuzc  and  https://imgur.com/a/pJWCmvt

My heartfelt gratitude to the Arizona cadre and the visiting instructors from NM and CA for giving their all and being open to some things that may have been new to them.  They were an amazing group to work with and make this traveler feel welcome.

They go back to their home ranges stronger instructors. They were already great Appleseeders.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:  to all of you.

Until we meet again...

Phoenix 2-24!  Huzzah!

In Liberty,
Mrs. Smith
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Cleveland

Huzzah, I love to see all the orange hats at an IBC.
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleerâ„¢ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Gonefishing

It was a great learning experience
Felt like drinking from a firehose, but I feel so much more confident
Jerry

Mrs. Smith

You did great, sir! Keep practicing, utilize Academy, and you'll go into your PCs strong  O0
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

kelly42a

Thanks for making the trip, Mrs. Smith!  It was a great event and I learned a lot.

Suman Palit

Thank you so much for the time and patience with all of us. It was truly like drinking from a firehose. I learned a lot, especially the "why" behind certain lessons, the sequence of instruction, and so much more!

Mrs. Smith

I wouldn't have missed it for the world, guys. You all were so great, it was a genuine pleasure to work with you.