News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana has a new Green Hat! Congratulations Geek!

Started by sur+rifle, February 06, 2024, 07:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sur+rifle

Please join me in congratulating Geek on his promotion to Shoot Boss!

Geek is a passionate and prolific instructor, volunteering for 27 shoots over the past two and a half years.  In addition to being a valuable asset for Indiana, he and his lovely wife, instructor Jayshoneybunny, have travelled to shoots from one corner of the country to the other.  Everywhere he has gone, he has garnered a reputation for inspiring telling of history and excellent one-on-one coaching.  He has also taken every opportunity offered for instructor training through boot camps.

Now he is actively working on growing the program by mentoring instructors and adding ranges.  In just the past week he has added a new Appleseed range (Floyd County Conservation Club in Georgetown, IN) and has begun mentoring a new blue hat and a new orange hat.

Geek, thank you for all that you have done for the program and the country to date.  We look forward to all your successes as a Shoot Boss!

Already back to work...or is that back to fun?!

Big John

Wonderful. We need more shoot bosses. And he's handing out hats already.

Darkfoot

Congrats Geek. I'm glad I was able to make it across for your promotion.

ChuckA

NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer and Life member

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms. 1st Draft of the VA Constitution by T. Jefferson

Paladin223

Congrats Jay. Was happy to have been to a number of your events. Well Done!

ScubaSteve

300berg

Cleveland

The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Captain

Great job Geek! Glad to see you sporting the Green!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

ArmyVet

The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

T. WOLF

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Geek

I want to thank the folks that helped me get to this point in my Appleseed journey.  I am humbled by the generosity extended to me as I have grown and learned about the program.  Having a supportive spouse travelling with me adds to the fun.  The phrase about it taking a village....  applies to my journey too.  I have mentors in several states.  I want to thank all of you for the guidance.  As one such mentor said, the green hat is not a destination, rather a waypoint.  I appreciate the shared passion for Liberty you all have. 

See you down the road and on the firing line,

Geek
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

TheMenace

Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Charles McKinley

Huzzah!  Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery