News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi, WI April 19, 2009 PATRIOT'S DAY!

Started by colycat, April 14, 2009, 11:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

This is somewhat early, but to let everyone know, you will have seven great instructors.  There will be special events and prizes.  This is going to be a great week end!!!!

See you all there.

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

PRIZES!!!  I might just have to sneek over there when Thor isn't looking. ;D

You know Coly, you could probably just write that AAR up now, because you know it's going to run perfectly!

So, let me be the first to congratulate you on yet another, amazing shoot!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

truckrjoe

7 instructors....  WOW that is a really good student to teacher ratio   O0
Prizes and special events?? Whats that all about? Trying to spice up what already sounds like a great time  ;)

Old Glory!

THE VOLLEY FOR LIBERTY HAPPENED AS PLANNED AT EXACTLY 3:00 P.M. CENTRAL.  RAGGED FOR THE FIRST 4 NAMES, THEN DISCIPLINED.   

WE HAD FIVE TEAMS OF 5 AND 6 SHOOTERS.   WINNING TEAM RECEIVED 1 FLAG EACH ALONG WITH A PRINTED DESCRIPTION. 

THANKS TO ALL FOR COMING, AND MAKING IT AN EXCELLENT APPLESEED. 

26 SHOOTERS, 3 NEW RIFLEMEN (modified 4/20, 3 on Sat, 6 on Sunday.  Total of 9 RIFLEMEN!!! :~ :~ :~)  CONGRATULATIONS! 

MORE LATER........

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

I do not believe this Glorious day could have gone better.  We had the best instructor crew ever, the best participants ever.  Time just flew, but on time. We started the Bloody Broad Sheet 20 min before the Volley, got some really good  history in, and everyone had  time for a short break before the Nation wide Volley.  3 Rifleman scores on 2 QDAQT's!!! 

More tommorow.

ColyCat

Thanks to V for the history on the " Drunks"  Everyone loved the story :~
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

SavageShootr

Fantastic pics.

CONGRATULATIONS to all of the Riflemen!!!!

^5 OG and colycat and the rest of the Instructor corps there in WI.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

griffin1340

More to follow from Old Glory & Colycat....but a great weekend and the forecast of rain held off! O0
Thanks to all that came.
Wonderful people and good shooting by all!
Congratulations to ALL our new Riflemen!

Griff out........
RIFLEMAN & A great cook! How about that!

ahhshoot

Can't believe I got on here before coly. Well I won't give anything away, but... it's all good. ;). WELL done to all the instructors (Bedford CAN yell those line commands). And Very well done shooters.  :~
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Old Glory!

26 APPLESEEDERS ON SAT. 
25 APPLESEEDERS ON SUN. (NOT SOLD-OUT AFTER ALL :'()

SERIOUS, FOCUSED, DEDICATED, PERSISTENT, WELL-DISCIPLINED PARTICIPANTS.  PHENOMENAL!

9 RIFLEMEN!  2 WITH BOLT ACTION. :o    33%
2 NEW ORANGE HATS

IT WAS AN HONOR TO CELEBRATE APRIL 19, 1775 WITH ALL OF YOU.  CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!

MORE TO COME.......

Old Glory!

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the muzzle loader demonstration by Tom.  THANK YOU!

Old Glory!

Stacey was up for the challenge when the offer came up to shoot the M1A.

We ALL enjoyed watching you shoot.

Trisha

This was the first AS that I had the pleasure of instructing at. I felt that there were wonderful shooters who were there to learn and it was a pleasure working with the other seven instructors. It was an honor be with Colycat as the SB for my first AS as an instructor, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

AFTERMATH

O0 9 Riflemen :o

Awesome!!!

Yeah, We kept the Rain at Winona, for you guys. ;)

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

COLORADO

Good times.
Nice people..
Great photos...
COLORADO

colycat

I'll take good omens any time I can get them.  
1.  We hit the Merrimac Car Ferry just as it was docking.   No waiting.  
2.  Then a man by the name of Tom, who is on the waiting list, can get on the line.   He asks me, "would you be interested in a flint lock demonstration?"  Oh YEH!   (See the picture)   This was the most awesome demonstration of follow-through. Click-poof-BANG!  Follow-through is EVERYTHING!   He then proceeded to load and fire five rounds in less than two minutes with all 32 attendees standing in awe.  On his last round, Ahhhshoot yelled out, "Aim for that tree!"  And he hit it.  

They always say there is no such thing as a bad Appleseed, and I agree.   But this one was really special.   I have never had a group of people who wanted to learn so much, so fast, and were so good.  I don't believe i've ever had a group of instructors who were so attentive to all the participants.  And it paid off - 9 Rifleman out of 26, 4 knocking on the door at 200-207.  Plenty more who will score Rifleman at their next shoot with some persistence and dry-fire practicing between now and then.

JRturbo did an outstanding job of presenting great history with passion; got everyone thinking.  His personal instruction moved shooters to the next level.  

I'd also like to thank Ahhhshoot, Bedford, Griffin, Trisha, Old Glory and ShakeNBake.  They NEVER stopped working the line, even until the last target on Sunday.  From carding sights, correcting positions, tweeking 6 steps, line patter, etc.   They rotated working positions on the line and points of instruction.   Fantastic job all!  

On Sunday we worked the third strike in real time, just 234 years later.  EFFECTIVE!  

Sunday night for me, the weekend is almost like  blur.  I'll be thinking about it the entire next week, and I need your help to fill in the details.  SHOOTERS, CENTER-UP and fill in the details.  

Colycat,

This is a nice pic of me, the 30 point buck :D :D :D :D

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Glory!

Sunday's Riflemen

M.R.C.

I just want to say a big thank you to Colycat the shoot boss, all the instructors, and all the fellow shooters at Lodi for a great time. I had a lot of fun, and I definitely learned a TON of stuff. I think it's safe to say that almost all of what I heard and learned at Appleseed I didn't have a clue of before. I will definitely be back as ammo supply and time allow, as I still need much work to get to Rifleman yet.

An extra special thanks to Bedford for loaning me his shooting mat on day #1 when I forgot mine at home, plus helping me out with switching AR lowers at the last minute. Also a big thanks to Ahhshoot, Shake N' Bake, and Trisha for the great instruction and encouragement and helping me out with my equipment issues again on day #2.
Griffin was a great instructor, and offered some great encouragement on my shooting on day #1. JRturbo was making me misty-eyed while presenting the Second Strike history; very nice job! And Old Glory is every bit as nice in person as she seems on the forum!

I also want to thank my fellow shooters for a great time, especially Jeremy on my left who was shooting insanely good Rifleman groups all weekend with his National Match AR starting with the very first Redcoat, and Robb on my right who always had something funny to say and always promptly returned my stapler when borrowing it!  ;)

Thanks again for a great time all!

Matt C

dragonfly

Great Job Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!! 9 new riflemen WOW CONGRATULATIONS to all and to those who were close keep practicing, persistence will pay off and I know with all those great instructors everyone improved there scores over the weekend. Make sure you tell your friends and family what a great time you all had at an Appleseed and hope to see you all on the trail.     
dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

bedford

Wow,

What a great weekend!

It all starts with Coly and OG for organizing and hosting the event.  They also have been mentoring our WI instructor corps, so our skills are in large part due to them.

Our instructor corps was working great together.  I felt we bonded well, worked great as a team, learned from and encouraged each other.

I was so impressed by our students!  They we there to learn, and it showed in the results!  They also bonded well as a group.  It is heartening to see shooters progress in their skills, then help one another.  An example of how good this class of students was, read this.  It was my first chance at calling the line, and I made more than a few blunders.  When I gave the wrong command, the entire line turned and looked at me with the expression: Are you SURE about that?  No one followed the errant command.  I was very proud of them for that.  We have many future instructors in this group.

There is too much to say about the weekend.  I am thankful for all of you who were there and worked so hard to save our nation.

Deacon

What a weekend....when I got home Sunday night, all my poor wife heard was Appleseed this, Appleseed that, Colycat this, JR Turbo that, Old Glory blah, blah, blah.  I think I probably sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher.  Well she is excited and wants to come shoot.

Thank you to everyone who did a great job and teaching us how to shoot.  They also did a great job at keeping the rain away.  I think our little place on the range was the only place where it didn't rain all day.  I had alot of fun shooting with Todd S and Matt on my right and Andy and Adam on my left.  Great guys.

I didn't sleep too well last night.  I think I was still just excited about the great experience..........
I think the whole weekend meant even more because of the anniversary of "Patriot's Day" and all the great history from Colycat and JR.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Trisha

It was a great weekend! Last night I needed to read an article for class that I had today and all I thought about while reading it was the AS. I couldn't fall asleep last night either. I even wish we could have had a 3 day event because I couldn't get enough. I had a great time working with everyone. Stacey it was awesome to see you come there all by yourself and learn how to shoot, I hope to see you again really soon at another one! I also had the pleasure of working with a father and son. They were both very willing to take advice and wanted to that Rifleman score very badly. Matt, who is 16 scored Rifleman by the end of sunday and his father Mike came very close with a 207. I hope to see you two again at another AS. I also got to work with my first left hander with his sling, that was a trial and error, but we eventually figured it out!

Tom thank you for that wonderful demonstration, it makes the weekend feel more real since we were able to see what they used back in those days. I am glad you were able to come and shoot, and sorry it took me a little bit to recognize you from the gun show.

I also think all of the instructors were able to work well together and it will be hard to be it at the next AS I go to.

JoeZ

Well Coly I'm back from spying on Illinios like you wanted me to. Chicago is big but with a little work I think we can take'm. :D
Glad to see you guys succeed.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Pappy

Hey There Fellows; We have been trying to find the folks who named the place Chicago to start with and give it back to them. They were right it stinks.
Not much has changed over the years. How about a trade, what do you say to, Half a Brat, for the whole of Cook county and the greater metro area say 30 mi out Just One condition! You put up Two fences to keep the INFECTION from spreading any further no one in and no one out. See how long they can go on what they make within that limit. Deal ???? OK Keep The Brat.  Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Old Glory!

JoeZ, 

A Shoot Boss and 7 Instructors at Lodi - ALL from WI!   We would have looked down-right hoggish had you and Dragonfly not volunteered for the IL border patrol espionage duty.  @@) ;D   With our current WI instructor core, and all the new WI attendees at Lodi (who the instructor core agree are MOST impressive 8)) we'll be able to provide refuge for any upstanding IL residents at Racine, Lodi, Bristol, Shiocton and Green Bay.   

Here are WI's two new IIT's!  Welcome, Jeremy and Scott, and THANK YOU for stepping up.  Sign up for Shiocton in June and you'll experience the known distance portion of Appleseed and the opportunity to pass on what you have learned. 

EVERYONE:  To quote Francis Marion of the Dulzura, CA
And the seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground. 
Students gained a concise set of information that they can now share with their friends and family.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  Every attendee knows the names and stories of the men, women, and kids who paid the cost of our Liberty so long ago.......................May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life.

EVERY ATTENDEE is now an instructor!   Now go tend your patch in Liberty's garden. <:)

OG

JoeZ

Pappy, hope you feel better. I had the flu sat also so my son agreed to ride along incase I couldn't drive home but I actually got better as the day went on.

The Schiocton known distance shoot on Sunday needs reiteration. A great range opportunity that is worth quite a drive.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Clint S

Hello everyone! This is Clint checking in on the forum. I had a great time this weekend and learned many things. I plan on attending again with more friends. We'll see about that orange hat...

LayloPro

This is a nice pic of me, the 30 point buck

Coly, I was gonna say....when I saw that pic of you, with alllllllllll those "horns"......first thing I thought of was : ...."Ohhhhh, -you- are going on the wall!!" **) **) **) **) :~ :~ :~ :~

Our little white tail deer out here don't get a chance to grow that many horns, usually........ @) :~ $$-0

Great shoot, BTW!! You guys are -rocking- up there!! <:) O0 <:)

Congratulations on all the Riflemen!! <:)

What a great weekend to remember, eh?? O0 O0 O0

TTYS.
LLP

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Bill 3

So things went well behind the cheddar curtain(wonder what their hiding)  Congrats on a great shoot and to the new Riflemen.  Also a big HOWDY from Indiana to Coly and Old Glory whom I had the pleasure to meet at Pappy's house in December......

WTG

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

AFTERMATH

Just checking up on you!!! ;) 
Sounds like an excellent event!  But lets be honest with ourselves.  In such great hands, we all knew it was going to be fantastic.
(Makes me wonder why we had 5 shooters and one spectator from Green Bay....  ???#) )
Don't worry, we tipped them off to the up coming, Shiocton shoot, they were pleased they would have to drive so far. 
When you make all six of them Riflemen, this June, remember we loosened them up for you. ;)

Wish I could have been there as well! But, I'm stuck in only one place at a time.  I might just have to clone myself....
You know you're doing good when Riflemen made, out-number instructors present!

See, Trisha, I knew you would do great!

And did I see Colorado with a Patch?   O0 Fine job, sir!  Did you PM Nickle, and have him make you an IIT yet?

Good work, guys and gals!

Aftermath

Old Glory!

AM, LOL **)  Thanks for planting all the seeds in those WI Appleseeders, and tending them.  They will surely bear fruit!

Colorado and Clint, and the rest of you WI Riflemen, PM Colycat and Nickle for the 7th step. 

Reflecting more on the weekend makes be believe that Wisconsin and  America is a better place this week because of so many more fine Appleseeders and a lot more Riflemen.  There is much hope, and there is much work to be done, so pick up your buckets and keep bailing.