News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas Wyoming March 2009

Started by J_T, April 29, 2009, 10:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_T

is this a good place for a "DAR" aka "During Action Report"?  ^-^

We're midway through and some of the guys with a hotel room let us other stinky camping fellows over to their place for use of the shower. I'm waiting my turn and thought I'd jump on the lobby computer.

Wow we've had some interesting weather here in big wonderful Wyoming.  Sunday was so cold and muddy and windy and rainy and snowy that we ended up doing some of the classroom work at a restaurant.  I think when the bartender came in to open for the dinner shift was a bit surprised to see us on the dance floor with rifles out.  Probably not an everyday occurrence for her.  $$-0

Was really really really muddy the first couple days.  I'm finding mud in nooks and crannies I didn't know I had.  Hopefully this evening's shower will clear out most of it.

At night we've having awesome "hobo fires" using pallet wood and a 50-gallon drum.  It's pretty consistently windy so we're going through a lot of lumber in our evening chats.

Today was the most windy, but also the sunniest and the warmest, so that's neat.

Oops, time to go, I'll jump back later and also let the others chime in too.

TaosGlock

Quote from: J_T on April 29, 2009, 10:01:04 PM
  I think when the bartender came in to open for the dinner shift was a bit surprised to see us on the dance floor with rifles out. 
Boot Camp, in a bar, with the rifles on a dance floor? Dang.
Now I know I just gotta get out of NM....
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Mark Davis

That Guy Guy sure is hard on the ole wood pile, heck he could burn a whole saturn full of wood just cooking supper.

colonial shooter

Well its now Friday and time to get another shower for the camping crew. Weather hasn't been too bad. Kinda like the September shoot (Fred can tell you about that one). 5 for 5 on the rifleman scores, Jared to get dunked this weekend. Been a great week, new fired up IIT's, and possibly one for Iowa? The corp is growing here. The Guy left this morning, destination TBD. Great to see him again in the West. My turn for a shower. More later.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

J_T

I scored a 209 and foolishly 8) asked colonial to either find me 2 pts or none, and sure enough he found just a single point! %)

couple pics -

and a vid -

MeanStreaker

Nice to know the latrine is still right there on the range.

Oops, they didn't tell you that?  >:D

Congratulations!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

TheCount

Despite the weather, I had a blast.   Thanks Colonial!    Thanks Guy!    Glad that I was able to score a 231 on the Q&D AQT before I went out and shot exactly a 200 full distance.... apparently that exempted me from a dunking  ;)

Here are a few more pictures... I was so darn tired most of the time, I neglected to devote much effort to snapping pics...

http://phredrick.com/gallery/v/2009/04-Apr/DouglasRBC/

I have an alternative video of J_T's dunking that I'll post as soon as I get a chance to edit it.

Enjoyed getting to meet everyone and hope to see ya'll soon.   I should be at the upcoming Worland and Newcastle shoots.

Adios,
The Count (aka Phred)