News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi, WI April 19, 2009 PATRIOT'S DAY!

Started by colycat, April 14, 2009, 11:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libby T

Well, finally scored some of my targets from Lodi shoot and I am knocking on the door of Riflewoman with 208.  I will continue to practice until July, Lodi shoot and hopefully will make it.  Thanks again to all the fine instructors and fellow shooters.  I had a great time and plan on sowing seeds for the next shoot.  I am a pretty good gardener!!!
Do one thing every day that scares you. "Eleanor Roosevelt"

jrturbo

Finally got rested up / re-introduced myself to those people who live in my house.  Turns out they are my wife and kids!!!! Who'd a thunk it?  Any way now I have a chance to say....

WOW!  What a great event.  Students who wanted to learn and instructors prepared to teach.  I've been to well run 'seeds and this one rivaled the best!  Just so you know Coly and OG are responsible for the fact that it was well run!!! 8)  Thanks you 2 for putting so much of yourselves into this. AND....  IIT's NICE WORK! 

I met such a great group of students at this event.  What a cross section of our wonderful nation.  And all of us heading the same direction just makes it all icing on the cake. 

I only have one regret... It is that I didn't get a chance to spend more time with each one of the students because I learn more from each of them than they do from me. 

One last point.  Thank you!   Thank you all for caring and sacrificing.  Thank you for listening.  Thank you for stepping up.  Thank you for getting involved!

jrturbo
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

dragonfly

Yes Libby T, Great job 208 you've come so far since Racine. I hope to be there in Lodi July, I have a feeling we're going to have at least one new Riflewomen in Wisconsin.
See you on the trail.
dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

Heads-up friends.  If I go missing from the forum it might be because it sounds like there is a mini drag race going on inside my computer.  OOOOOHHHHNOOOOOOOO.

Hard drive?

Turbo, It was an honor to finally work with you.  I appreciate all your experience and confidence on the line.  You helped out so many individuals; students and IIT's alike.  I learned A LOT.   

Bedford, you brought a lot of experience (and rifles ;D) to the line.  Thank you for your generosity of your time, equipment and ammo.

Griffin, you too.  Thank your wives for us, for their support of your work in Appleseed.
Hope to meet them all soon.

Trisha, Ahhshoot, Shake n Bake; WI Appleseed is better because you are involved.  Thanks for stepping up. 

p.s.  Special thanks to Shake n Bake for the use of your camera.  We wouldn't have all those great pics if it wasn't for you. O0

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Robbvious

Yep, Libby T and I had a great time this weekend, and I'm very proud of her progress.  I'll ask for an Orange Hat when I feel my skills are up to snuff.  I was hugely impressed with the young people who have stepped up to become instructors, they renew my faith in the future.  Thanks to every volunteer for their efforts!

I think I owe Matt (mrc here on the forum) about a thousand staples.  I'm buying at the next Appleseed!   
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

bedford

Robb,

Was that you I tagged with the staple gun?!  Hows your finger?

AFTERMATH

Now Bedford...Staples are not for fingers; they're for Orange Hats ;D
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

SamD

QuoteStaples are not for fingers; they're for Orange Hats

Maybe you best ask StaplegunD about that  ;D

M.R.C.

QuoteI think I owe Matt (mrc here on the forum) about a thousand staples.  I'm buying at the next Appleseed! 

I added it up Robb; you owe me a whopping $.05 in staples. Since you had to put up with my AR-15 brass landing right in front of you all weekend, I think we can call it even!  ;)

The Machine

Seems like Christmas came early to WI...people too excited to sleep, 9 Riflemen representing 33% of attendance, 2 IITs, "deer" with huge racks already...wow!  All that was missing is the snow! ;D 

Well done!  O0
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

jrturbo

Actually there was still a small pile of snow right by where I parked my car.  I couldn't believe that it made it through Saturday when the temp approached the 70's
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Will

As a former Sauk City native....good on you guys.

Robbvious

Yeah, Bedford, that was my trigger finger!  No worries though, I just sucked out the poison and moved on...

After scoring out Libby T's targets, I went and added up my own.  I fired above 210 4 times between the QDAQT and the Green Coat targets, so my goal is now to shoot above 210 on every single target.  I'm bringing 2 more of my buddies to the July Lodi event, they're all signed and ready to go, there's yer 7th step in action...
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

Trisha

congrats Robb, and I will see you again in Lodi!

Trisha

You know I would personally like to hear some stories from the shooters, if there are any please let us all know what you thought about the Lodi AS, what you learned, really anything that you would like to talk about from this past weekend.

SavageShootr

OG and colycat and the rest of the WI crew great job.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the Riflemen. CONGRATULATIONS to all the attendees for even being there. LibbyT I am certain you will do it next time. Great job.

Thanks for posting the pics and for the report.  O0

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bluejeansnpearls

What a great weekend in Lodi! This was only my second Appleseed and I was still learning the basics. By Sunday, my confidence was high! Unfortunately, I had problems with my gun and did not meet the qualifications for rifleman! Will try again as the experience of being with all of these great shooters and patriots provides enough stimuli to keep me coming back. My thanks to Turbo was lending me his shooting jacket. What a difference it made, especially in the prone position. No sore elbows and it help stabilize my gun at the shoulder. Thanks also to the high quality instructors who helped me with my positions and NPOA! Kudos to Coly Cat for his passionate history lessons which moved the shooters into complete silence - almost a reverence. My only disappointment was with the local newspapers - could not find one that printed the news release. Really quite amazing considering the state of the union!   

colycat

Welcome to the forum, Blue Jean

Yes get a jacket,  You will really attract the right kind of men.  Real men can,t resitst a woman in one of those jackets :o :o :o :o  Thank you for sending out the press releases.  Maybe we ought to follow up on that and shame them.  AS had 2000 people learn American heritage, learn the 7 steps to becoming a Rifleman, and they put almost 1 million rounds down range. What else happened last week end that compares.  IT WAS PATRIOTS DAY AFTER ALL!!!!! This,weekend and we, are becoming a big deal, I think.

Coly

This is from the Shoot Boss board:

Well its now been a week since the April 19th weekend.

I think all the SB,s and all the instructors should take a moment to feel good about everything we did last weekend.  If there was another program out there that taught 2000 people the 7 steps to becoming a Rifleman,  I have not heard of it.  If there was another American Heritage program that moved 2000 people into the Hearts and Minds of our forefathers, I have not heard of it.  If there was another program that took 2000 people and had them put almost 1 MILLION rounds down range with only so much as a staple wound,  I have not heard of it.

So, take a moment to pat yourselves on the back for a job WELL DONE :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

O.K. back to work.

Colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Trisha

BlueJean,

I am so happy you made it to Lodi again this year, last year I got to shoot next to you while this year I helped instruct you. I have noticed a huge difference in your positions and shooting, so keep at it, you will soon get that Rifleman's patch!

Colycat,

I can't say it enough, thank you for running a great shoot and putting me on the spot at times, I needed that little push. It is an awesome feeling to know that I am involved with such a great program, especially during the most important day in our country. To know that almost 1 million rounds were put down range, just in one weekend is incredible! This, ladies and gentlemen is something never to forget. I know I won't.

bluejeansnpearls

Colycat - great commentary on the events that took place across the U.S. last weekend. I would like to quote you and forward these comments to the same newspapers that did not print the news release.  They just don't get it!

Old Glory!

We did use the Patriot's Nametags on the firing line for the Volley for Liberty.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

more pics

Old Glory!

:)

colycat

I tell everyone on Saturday morning that my goal for the weekend is to have  the shooters still thinking Appleseed on Wednesday next.  Judging from the AAR, lots of shooters are still thinking about the weekend of April 19th.  Ohh Yea :~ :~ :~ :~

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Trisha

It is amazing to see over 1000 views on one AAR, so are any of you going to be joining us in Shiocton, WI June 6-7??

OG the pictures are awesome, thank you for posting them.

AFTERMATH

I'm still thinking of the first one in Lodi. ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

colycat

OK we have the 1000 views,  On to Elk River :~  By the way we also had the most replies.  Go Appleseed in in north country. :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

Coly