News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Antioch, TN Pistol Clinic AAR - October 28, 2023

Started by Tennessee Beast, November 03, 2023, 01:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Beast

This was a sold out event (plus a walk-on)!!!!  Huzzah!!!   I have been to quite a few pistol clinics and the groups of the early targets were some of the best I have seen...3 students hit Pitcairn's Button on the first "Hits Count" target! That is definitely a great start to the day.  Pretty much everyone was able to keep up with the pace, which was great!!!  The highlight of my day was seeing Holly S's face when she scored Pistoleer™ with a 215!   Congratulations!!!!!   :F   We had several folks knocking on the door with scores above 200. If it were a 2 day event, I am certain that they would have scored 210 or higher.  It was unusually hot for late October and I think folks were spent by the end of the day.  Regardless everyone seemed to have fun.  I had a great time working with these fine patriots and look forward to seeing them again. 

Untitled by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Old Navy Doc

I completely agree. The students were eager to learn and showed excellent improvement early. The venue at Stones River TWRA range was wonderful, with a private range area for us and comfortable and air conditioned classroom.
We had nearly a 1:2 instructor to student ratio which is optimal for quality instruction and safety.
The strikes were well presented and we still had time for 3 PQTs with the new COF format.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

BluegrassColonel

This was a great Pistol Clinic!  The shooters were attentive and engaged.  Each one had a teachable attitude and put the instruction into practice immediately.  The shooters also took one-on-one instruction well.

Big HUZZAH's to Palousie on earning her Pistoleer™ badge!  She will leave a huge hole in the Middle Tennessee cadre when she begins her new job out of state.  Best of all blessings to her.  I hope we see you soon, and regularly!

Thank you to each Instructor who came out this weekend.  You make these events work - and this one definitely worked.  Thank you.

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
"Bluegrass Colonel"
Instructor / Shoot Boss
Charter Pistol Instructor
615-496-7405
appleseedtn@gmail.com
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Palousie