News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ontario NY - October 7/8, 2023

Started by T. WOLF, October 14, 2023, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

Thank You to all of the shooters who participated in our event last weekend.  It means a lot to me to see Project Appleseed maintaining a presence in New York, and it was a privilege being able to hold an event in my hometown for the third year in a row.  Huge thanks to Ontario Rod & Gun Club for hosting us again.  It's great to see your club investing in the future and keeping marksmanship programs like this accessible to your community.  I know you are facing a lot of challenges there.

Our shooters demonstrated great perseverance throughout the weekend as we battled through wet weather and strong winds.  I am proud of you all for sticking it out - a Rifleman persists!  We saw excellent improvement in marksmanship techniques as we progressed through our Course of Fire, and people were really dialed in on Day 2. 

Congratulations to our newest Rifleman, Linus!  Linus followed us on the NY event circuit this season from the Adirondacks, to Saratoga, and finally Ontario where she closed out her mission with a score of 214 on Day 1.  Way to get it done, Linus!!  ^:)^  Lee, you are right on her heels, brother - keep after it!

Sandy also requalified with a Rifleman score - I think you were in the low 220's but I forgot to write it down!  A 'Distinguished' patch is well within your reach and we hope to see you with us again next season.

Jordan - it was so good to finally meet you.  I hope we can continue working together next year as well.  We'll connect in the offseason regarding Rochester Brooks, and congratulations on the forthcoming addition to your family.

Chris & Garry, great job guys - I will give you a heads up on dates for Saratoga next year, because we'd love to have you back.  Jesse and Garrett - you too - solid shooting all weekend, great progression, and thanks for lending a hand on the range.

Luke, buddy... you are gonna get there!  Your 'Road to Rifleman' reminds me much of my own journey - I know it can be frustrating to 'knock on the door' again and again but it will happen.  I'm hoping you can string together a couple of events next year to make sure we get this done, because I have an orange hat with your name on it  ;)

Joe & Tony - I'm so glad you could make it this year.  You guys are a lot of fun to have on the range, and I hope this is the start of a tradition for you because you seemed right at home out there.

David - nice shooting from you as well, I think you were our lone iron sights on the line and you put in a great effort.  I would suggest; if you're struggling with those little targets on stage 4 (and you're remembering to focus your eye on the front sight!) then you might want to consider a budget-friendly low powered scope (LPVO) for a future event and see if that makes a noticeable difference for you.  I'll be following your Sabres this season and would love to see them make a return to the playoffs.  Just hope you don't match up with my Devils >:D

Chris (ChrispyBacon) - brother THANK YOU for stepping up and accepting that Orange Hat.  I was hoping you would - you've been a pleasure to have at our events over the past year, and I look forward to working with you behind the lines.  NY needs committed volunteers, and I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I have.

ITB - what a huge surprise!  It was awesome you were able to join us on Saturday AM, thank you for making the drive to support our event.  I hope the rest of your visit to NY went okay and I look forward to getting back out on the range with you here in Michigan.

I want to take a moment to thank Ann and Joseph for joining us at the range on Sunday afternoon.  As most of you know Project Appleseed NY lost one of our biggest supporters this summer, Stephen aka seven95 - his presence was sorely missed in Ontario, and will continue to be missed on New York's firing lines for years to come.  It was our honor to have you both on the range with us to recognize Stephen's contributions to Project Appleseed over the years. Thank you for being there and for making his memorial shoot truly special.

A big Thank You to Tom, Al and Tony for assisting us with range setup on Friday afternoon - we really appreciated your help.  And thanks to everyone who stuck around late on Sunday to help us tear down in the nasty weather - many hands made light work, and you guys don't know how much it means to our volunteers to get that kind of support from our shooters.

And last but not least, thanks to our dedicated Appleseed volunteers (and auxiliary support team!) - Hawkman and Yogini, fantastic job from both of you - you are so important to our program's success in New York.  Tom, we couldn't get this event done without you!  Thanks for all the heavy lifting you do behind the scenes.  And Daryl, you were a big help behind the equipment line - thank you for keeping us fueled with coffee and donuts all weekend ;D

See you all in 2024!

MORE PICTURES HERE!!

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780